Req: Club Rio, Tempe, AZ, 5 October 1999

Boro_Morrissey

Has anyone got the first show from the 1999/2000 tour that they could upload ?

It was from Club Rio, Tempe, AZ, 5 October 1999

here ya go

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1L411O5X

5 October 1999
Club Rio, Tempe, AZ

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
The Boy Racer
Billy Budd
Reader Meet Author
Is It Really So Strange?
Hairdresser On Fire
Lost
Sunny
Speedway
The Edges Are No Longer Parallel
Now My Heart Is Full
Alma Matters
Roy's Keen
Tomorrow
Meat Is Murder
Trouble Loves Me
The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
Break Up The Family
/Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

Besides the unusually song setlist, fans were treated to quite a few songs that hadn't been performed in front of a live audience before, like b-sides "Lost" and "The Edges Are No Longer Parallel" (the latter rarely ever played after this) or the Smiths' "Is It Really So Strange", "Meat Is Murder" and "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me". Morrissey also went back to his early solo days and pulled "Viva Hate"-era "Break Up The Family" and "Hairdresser On Fire" out of the drawers.

The first concert of the "Oye Esteban" tour was a successful but uneventful affair. The fans were very much into it, as well as Morrissey who came on stage and introduced himself and the band as the Sweet And Tender Hooligans (a Smiths tribute band). As if in doubt that he still had fans, after "The Boy Racer" he said "I'm so glad you turned up!". Instead of waving a finger at crotch level during the "...urinal" part of the latter song, as he did during the Maladjusted tour, he used a banana!

In "Reader Meet Author", he changed one line to "Have you ever escaped from a Phoenix life?". After that song he added "this is probably the sexiest show in town I think!".

After "Hairdresser On Fire" he enquired if anyone remembered when he played the Arizona State Fair in 1997 and then apologized for it. In between some lines in "Alma Matters" he congratulated a fan on her homemade Oye Esteban shirt.

information from passions just like mine

Back
Top Bottom