Req: Birmingham 23/10/2009

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Hello there,
anyone have the good mind to record this? Seems to have evaded even here! Then again, it could be post-traumatic Birmingham City Centre that caused him to fall ill the next day! Anyway, gratitude in advance for any help,
Regards,
FWD

I was there too. Not the best venue. The 'old' academy was better. I live in hope something will turn up. I should of dusted off my walkman pro and shoved it doen my codpiece!
Cross fingers,
Regards,
FWD

Had i known you were going i'd have bought you a pint for your excellent Smiths compilations :thumb:

Thanks, but I think that's the other Famous! Kudos where it belongs.

I've recorded several things in my time, notably the Wolv. '88, but no compilations on my part. My fave I've done and shared is Glos. Leisure Center ('86) when I was the tender age of 16....joy!

Regards,
FWD

(I must say that the main recording of Glos. most people have is that of Paul's - mine was sold by Badlands in Cheltenham when they were selling Smiths/music boots/goodies out of the top of an arcade, they have since gone on to bigger and better things, but I made a few pence out of it and got an 8' wall poster for my master copy tape !!! d'oh!!! silly child that I was).

Last edited:
Thanks, but I think that's the other Famous! Kudos where it belongs.

I've recorded several things in my time, notably the Wolv. '88, but no compilations on my part. My fave I've done and shared is Glos. Leisure Center ('86) when I was the tender age of 16....joy!

Regards,
FWD

(I must say that the main recording of Glos. most people have is that of Paul's - mine was sold by Badlands in Cheltenham when they were selling Smiths/music boots/goodies out of the top of an arcade, they have since gone on to bigger and better things, but I made a few pence out of it and got an 8' wall poster for my master copy tape !!! d'oh!!! silly child that I was).

Ah i see. So the well-circulated Wolverhampton recording is by you then?

We were so lucky to get the Smiths songs they played, apart from maybe The Queen Is Dead i couldn't have picked better myself.

Are you kidding? Death at One's Elbow and Is It Really So Strange are two of the most mediocre Smiths songs going. How Soon Is Now? is overdone by Morrissey in concert.

Always loved those two.

I Keep Mine Hidden & Never Had No-one Ever are the only 2 Smiths songs i'm not keen on, particularly the latter.

Haha, I've already had a discussion on here about why I think Never Had No-One Ever is quintessential Morrissey...

Back
Top Bottom