Report From Milenio Newspaper In Guadalajara

CeciDeMorrissey

Steven Patrick I Love You
Last Night Show Report From Milenio Newspaper In Guadalajara!!

READ THIS!! HELL!

MORRISSEY CUMPLIÓ

Boina sobre la cabeza, Kristeen Young fue la telonera de Morrissey. Comenzó
con exactitud inglesa a pesar de ser estadunidense. Su música entre cabaret punk y bel canto a lo Marlene Dietrich, fue escuchado con paciencia. Al final de su set muchos preguntaron quién era esa mujer sobre el escenario. Al terminar, una serie de videos que pasaron de The New York Dolls a Brigitte Bardot, fueron el preámbulo para que Morrissey apareciera sobre el escenario de la Arena VFG. En punto de las 21:30 horas, los acordes de “William, it was really nothing” —una añeja canción de The Smiths—, fue la seña de que Moz (como gustan llamarle sus incondicionales fanáticos), presentaría una nueva lista de canciones para iniciar su gira Tour of the Tormentors. Cambió cuatro veces de camisa, preguntó por su incondicional fanática, Julia Riley (la cual ha asistido a todos los conciertos de Morrissey desde 1997), agradeció en español, coreó el nombre de “México, México”, y hasta se puso de falda una bandera de nuestro país que un fanático le lanzó al escenario y que decía “Love Morrisssey”. Las sorpresas de la noche fueron “Everyday is like sunday” –que hace años no tocaba”, la añeja “I’ve changed my plea to guilty” y un encore entrañable con “Please, please, please, let me get what I want”, otra memorable canción de su antigua banda, The Smiths. La noche cerró con “Irish blood, english heart”, y cerca de cinco mil fanáticos quisieron más de uno de las leyendas inglesas más famosas sobre el planeta Tierra.

MORRISSEY CARRIED OUT HIS DUTY

Wearing a beret, Kristeen Young was Morrissey's support act. She started with English punctuality despite her being an American. Her music, "punk cabaret meets Marlene Dietrich bel canto" was listened to with patience. At the end of her set, many asked themselves who was this woman on stage. Then, a series of videos from the NY Dolls to Brigitte Bardot were the preamble for Morrissey's appearance. At 21.30 sharp, the chords of "William, it was really nothing” - a stale song from The Smiths- was the sign to know that Moz (like his unconditional fans love to call him) would introduce a new set list to begin his Tour Of The Tormentors. He changed his shirt 4 times, asked about his unconditional fan, Julia Riley (who has attended every single Morrissey show since 1997), thanked in Spanish, chanted "México, México", and he even wore as a skirt, a Mexican flag that said "Love Morrissey", thrown to the stage by a fan. The surprises of the night were “Everyday is like sunday” - that he wouldn't play for years-, the stale “I’ve changed my plea to guilty” and a heart-taking encore with “Please, please, please, let me get what I want”, another memorable song from his former band, The Smiths. The night wrapped up with “Irish blood, english heart", and nearly 5,000 fans wanted more from one of the most famous English legends on planet Earth.

Ok.. Did you notice THAT??? :mad: hahahaha.

Last edited:
READ THIS!! HELL!
Ok.. Did you notice THAT??? :mad: hahahaha.

Yes, definitely a second encore was expected. I personally think that the song used to wrap up the concert wasn't the best choice to do it, since it only let us pumped up and wanting more. :(

I would have died a happier man if he'd only closed with "Now My Heart is Full"... well... next time hopefully :o

I guess so... I remember here in Chile for the Quarry tour he ended with There's A Light That Never Goes Out, as in the rest of the tour.

Yes, definitely a second encore was expected.

But he's done one song encoures for 15-odd years! How can anyone have expected a second? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom