'Reno 911' Creators Composing Morrissey Musical

bogdana

Finer Things Club Prez
Apologies if this has been posted, but I couldn't find anything about it when I searched!

edit: I searched differently and this time I did find it, aw poop. sorry, type A people.

Reno Creators composing morrissey musical

And the story below:

Posted Sep 7th 2007 11:00AM by David Sprague
Filed under: News, Holy Hell

Although we've never imagined that -- to paraphrase Oscar Hammerstein -- fart jokes and surreptitious glances inside girls' locker rooms would be among Morrissey's favorite things, we may be proven wrong by a new Moz-focused musical from the creative team behind the class-act comedy 'Balls of Fury.'

Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant, who've also worked together on 'Reno 911!,' are planning a revue entitled 'I've Changed My Plea to Guilty,' which Lennon has likened to 'Mamma Mia' -- a comparison that will no doubt warm the hearts of folks fond of tripping the light fantastic to 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now.' There's no word as to precisely when the musical will get off the ground, but given the subtle humor favored by Lennon and Garant, we fully expect them to make sure the host theater's concession stand is well-stocked with 'Meat Is Murder' brand beef jerky.

Last edited:
Well I met that Thomas actor in LA at 1 of the 10 LA shows & I'll say he's a TOTAL DB. I'll never fully enjoy Reno 911 or The State after his uncalled 4 attitude.

After seeing their dreadfully unfunny movie this year, I don't have any hope for this.

what's a DB?

I'm thinking...

I never saw the movie but that show was pretty good for the first two seasons anyway. At the worst it won't be good and you'll waste a couple dollars on it, but they might come up with something worth watching.

Well I met that Thomas actor in LA at 1 of the 10 LA shows & I'll say he's a TOTAL DB. I'll never fully enjoy Reno 911 or The State after his uncalled 4 attitude.

he doesnt really seem like a DB to me but you never know he could of just been pissed off about something, people have good and bad days.

i would hope he isn't a douchebag considering he's barely famous. Aw. I like him but that is one of the reasons I don't strive for conversations or meetings with famous people, I think most of the time they don't live up to my expectations (which aren't all that high to begin with). I'd hate to meet Thomas and find out he's a c***. That would really ruin reno 911 for me (which was better when it started compared to now; and yes I didn't love the movie, but it had a few redeeming moments)

Reno is hilarious, but everything else he's been involved with is sub-Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson/Ben Stiller asinine.

while it's an interesting idea, musicals are never funny (maybe Happiness Of The Katakuris) and i'm sure it will be very embarrassing to Morrissey fans and utterly lost on everyone else.

Reno is hilarious, but everything else he's been involved with is sub-Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson/Ben Stiller asinine.

while it's an interesting idea, musicals are never funny (maybe Happiness Of The Katakuris) and i'm sure it will be very embarrassing to Morrissey fans and utterly lost on everyone else.

Wow, you're one of few people appreciate Happiness of The Katakuris.
Some friends told me that they didn't bother to watch it after first ten minutes. :o

Pop music based musical is becoming cliche.
In London Mama Mia!, We Will Rock You and Desparately Seeking Susan are on West End at the moment, but I don't bother going to see those shows.

How/why was he a DB? That's sad. I knew he was a Moz fan so I presumed he might be cool in real life. I guess not? Details please...

Ok, I've been harsh..

Maybe he had reason to b in a bad mood. He got pissed cuz of the 2 cancelled night Palladium situation & he was being very vocal about it. He probably doesn't dig every1 calling him Dangle. I just found out MTV will not b releasing, 'The State' after every1 involved knocked themselves out 4 over a year to get a DVD release. BTW did any1 see him & another actor from Reno 911 on CNN HN picking up picket signs 4 that writters guild protest/walkout today?

Back
Top Bottom