Remember this...?

Indeed I do.

I was thinking about this over the last week as my ears drooled again at the sound of The Very Best Of. It would be nonsensical and rather bizarre for Morrissey and EMI to have drawn up a track list for this compilation and then for EMI to remaster just those particular tracks. It makes more sense to me that EMI would get Dan Inglot to remaster their entire Morrissey back catalogue.

The recent reacquaintance with Stephen Street also hints at the possibility of more to come. (Incidentally I heard Brother, one of the new support acts, do a radio session the other week and they were raving about The Smiths/Morrissey, which is why they wanted, and got, Street to produce their upcoming debut album ~ another possible reason for the Street/Moz meet-up)

So perhaps 'Bona Drag' Redux and The Very Best Of are toes tentatively dipped in the marketplace, in preparation for a full catalogue redux rollout {yes, even 'Kill Uncle'}.

In which case, given the sales performance of all their remastered Moz product in the last year, perhaps these will never see the light of day.
Unless and until...."on their hands at last..." etcetera :(

Well, let's say, for the sake of argument, that Viva Hate gets a release in a couple of months' time, and that the rumours of the Wolverhampton gig being an extra (see thread above) are right, whether audio or DVD. I'd buy it.

P.

Well, let's say, for the sake of argument, that Viva Hate gets a release in a couple of months' time, and that the rumours of the Wolverhampton gig being an extra (see thread above) are right, whether audio or DVD. I'd buy it.

P.

July 4th is what a little bird told me, plus he whispered something about a 1988 gig MAY BE included

Viva Fate?

So...despite the fiasco of recent EMI reissues flaming the ire of Moz (and understandably so in my ridiculously humble opinion) after a successful seance and contact with a past life I know for a FACT fact fans that 'Viva Hate' has been remastered, extra track'd up and is ready to run screaming for love from the EMI fun factory of dreams.

That is unless the recent Very Best Of Glamorous Glue debacle hasn't caused future releases to come err...'unstuck'.

My spirit guide assures me that she may return with more detailed info if we all touch hands and close our eyes some Thursday evening in the near future...

Mr R

Last edited:
Re: Viva Fate?

Are you Morrissey's Mum - and can I claim my £5? Or is she your spirit guide?

Great news if true - gotta love Vini Reilly's guitar on Viva Hate, so the chance of some extra tracks is exciting.

Dave

Well my love, according to Buddhism we have all been each others Mother at some time or another...wipe that smirk off your face and do your shoe laces up.

I hope he retains/reinstates Anton Corbijn's sublime cover sleeve photograph. I think they fell out over a video shoot aeons back, which partially explained the new EMI Centenary Edition cover by Eamonn McCabe in 1997.
He'll probably end up sticking a Linder shot from 1999 or somesuch on it. As is his wont :)

I hope he retains/reinstates Anton Corbijn's sublime cover sleeve photograph. I think they fell out over a video shoot aeons back, which partially explained the new EMI Centenary Edition cover by Eamonn McCabe in 1997.
He'll probably end up sticking a Linder shot from 1999 or somesuch on it. As is his wont :)

By far and away the best Morrissey solo era album sleeve (apart from, maybe, Your Arsenal) - he is not allowed to muck about with it in any way... oh, hang on... bugger...
vh100.jpg

Dave

This is great news! I just hope Arsenal gets the same treatment...

So...despite the fiasco of recent EMI reissues flaming the ire of Moz (and understandably so in my ridiculously humble opinion) after a successful seance and contact with a past life I know for a FACT fact fans that 'Viva Hate' has been remastered, extra track'd up and is ready to run screaming for love from the EMI fun factory of dreams.

That is unless the recent Very Best Of Glamorous Glue debacle hasn't caused future releases to come err...'unstuck'.

My spirit guide assures me that she may return with more detailed info if we all touch hands and close our eyes some Thursday evening in the near future...

Mr R

hmm i wonder if there might be a wolverhampton dvd or cd (please dvd) excluded in this?what does the spirit tell you?;)

Last edited:

Oh marvellous if true. I could have a reissue of an album that I bought the original reissue to about 12 years ago. IS Morrissey going for some bizarre entry in the Guinness Book Of Hit Records (if such a tome still exists) concerning the most amount of pointless reissues ever?

Ok. At the bitching hour yesternight my spirit guide woke me violently, my bed took fire and curtains whipped the air... Purgatory was all a flutter - News from T'Other Side is that 'Viva's fate is Viva States' - IF there is still a reissue it is being done in the USA now. 'London is dead, London is dead' she repeatedly hissed into my ear - a very sinister refrain. Make of that what you will friends, but please spare a thought for all those wandering lost souls without i-pods...or taste...

Last edited:

Ok. At the bitching hour yesternight my spirit guide woke me violently, my bed took fire and curtains whipped the air... Purgatory was all a flutter - News from T'Other Side is that 'Viva's fate is Viva States' - IF there is still a reissue it is being done in the USA now. 'London is dead, London is dead' she repeatedly hissed into my ear - a very sinister refrain. Make of that what you will friends, but please spare a thought for all those wandering lost souls without i-pods...or taste...

A USA only re-issue, is that what you're saying?

Back
Top Bottom