Remastered "Vauxhall & I" details (June 2) - Uncut

Re: Remastered "Vauxhall & I" details.

Yep, it is listed in TTY:

Parlophone (UK) will issue Vauxhall and I by Morrissey on June 2nd as re-mastered by Bill Inglot in Los Angeles. The 1994 album will include previously unused photographs, and will be available on CD and LP.

An anonymous person writes:

Morrissey confirms details of Vauxhall And I 20th Anniversary edition - Uncut

Same track listing, and a live CD of the Drury Lane concert.

Excerpt:

Morrissey has confirmed details of the 20th Anniversary Definitive Master of Vauxhall And I.

The new edition will be released on June 2 on Parlophone Records and will come with a bonus CD featuring an unreleased 1995 live concert recorded at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, London.

image2.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Remastered "Vauxhall & I" details.

Yep, it is listed in TTY:

Parlophone (UK) will issue Vauxhall and I by Morrissey on June 2nd as re-mastered by Bill Inglot in Los Angeles. The 1994 album will include previously unused photographs, and will be available on CD and LP.
Now this is a reissue I might actually buy.

Laudable restraint in terms of artwork and changes to the track listing. Of course, it would not be a Morrissey reissue without some sort of squiffy detail: whither Speedway and Shoplifters Of The World Unite on the Drury Lane concert CD? I would hope this falls to an Uncut typo, as (a) Speedway remains one of his popular in concert songs and (b) London is included, so one would not presume Shoplifters is being excluded to intentionally diminish royalties to Marr.

Laudable restraint in terms of artwork and changes to the track listing. Of course, it would not be a Morrissey reissue without some sort of squiffy detail: whither Speedway and Shoplifters Of The World Unite on the Drury Lane concert CD? I would hope this falls to an Uncut typo, as (a) Speedway remains one of his popular in concert songs and (b) London is included, so one would not presume Shoplifters is being excluded to intentionally diminish royalties to Marr.

Shoplifters was cut very short due to a stage invasion for this gig, that's no loss. This bonus disc is likely taken from the same BBC master of the Drury Lane show that I own, which also omits Speedway for some strange reason. It's purely out of laziness, they just grabbed a live recording they had lying around. A recording of a gig we haven't heard would have been much more desirable. Also, he has yet again needlessly changed the font on one of his classic album covers. This is a very disappointing release.

Shoplifters was cut very short due to a stage invasion for this gig, that's no loss. This bonus disc is likely taken from the same BBC master of the Drury Lane show that I own, which also omits Speedway for some strange reason. It's purely out of laziness, they just grabbed a live recording they had lying around. A recording of a gig we haven't heard would have been much more desirable. Also, he has yet again needlessly changed the font on one of his classic album covers. This is a very disappointing release.

Yeah. Font change. Why, Morrissey? Why, damn you? Why? Why?:rolleyes:

Surprised he hasn't change the artwork either! I think I'm in the very minority here, but I've never found the cover anything special.

Surprised he hasn't change the artwork either! I think I'm in the very minority here, but I've never found the cover anything special.

Count me in that 'very minority' too. The original Dean Freeman photograph was bland enough, but then 'they' pixelated it or distressed it for some reason. To make it look more vintage? It just ended up looking like a manky JPEG. Or a Russian cassette.

I was hoping for a new shot. A Jake pic would have been topical enough, what with the 'Very Special Thanks' credit inside.

I prefer the new typography and colour choice. I never liked the original text ~ a tad too C&W for my taste.

I can't wait to hear what Bill Inglot has done for the LP; especially 'Now My Heart Is Full', 'Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning' and 'Speedway' :yum:

If you're listening to unreleased recordings you can't really fault him for releasing something you have already heard, though.

I was hoping for a new shot. A Jake pic would have been topical enough, what with the 'Very Special Thanks' credit inside.

The original TTY statement did say the release would include previously unused photographs, so we still might get a few Jake shots.

You are an arrogant arse! You think you are special and own everything? A lot of fans won't have heard the Drury Lane gig and will be excited for it! You have the bbc master? Oh well bully for you! As for moaning about the Font, get a grip of yourself!

If you're listening to unreleased recordings you can't really fault him for releasing something you have already heard, though.

It's not an unreleased recording at all. B-sides from The Boy Racer singles were taken from this gig. It was broadcast on the BBC and Westwood One in America. It's among the most bootlegged Morrissey gigs as it was pressed many times on bootleged CDs in the 90s. Although both the BBC and Westwood One airings played different songs in a different order, BBC international offered 14 tracks, in the correct order, but missing the last two (like all the others). The BBC International CD I have is undoubtedly the same version they are releasing here.

Morrisssey was also struggling through a cold for this gig and you can hear it in his voice, he sounds very off vocally. Any other show from the Boxers tour would have been preferable.

You are an arrogant arse! You think you are special and own everything? A lot of fans won't have heard the Drury Lane gig and will be excited for it! You have the bbc master? Oh well bully for you! As for moaning about the Font, get a grip of yourself!

I lack the intelligence and command of vocabulary to reply to you. See above.

Last edited:
That is so true. It's a classic concert video -- badly needs a better format.

They can even add extra footage/tracks to a new edition. "Used To Be A Sweet Boy" and "Shoplifeters" were performed at both shows. Would think that footage exists that could be added to the running order.

It's not an unreleased recording at all. B-sides from The Boy Racer singles were taken from this gig. It was broadcast on the BBC and Westwood One in America. It's among the most bootlegged Morrissey gigs as it was pressed many times on bootleged CDs in the 90s. Although both the BBC and Westwood One airings played different songs in a different order, BBC international offered 14 tracks, in the correct order, but missing the last two (like all the others). The BBC International CD I have is undoubtedly the same version they are releasing here.

Morrisssey was also struggling through a cold for this gig and you can hear it in his voice, he sounds very off vocally. Any other show from the Boxers tour would have been preferable.

I lack the intelligence and command of vocabulary to reply to you. See above.

Well, if you already have all the bootlegs then tough! A lot of fans don't have the bootlegs and would appreciate this gig being released! Robert Winning aka the Strangeways Maestro said this was the best gig on the Boxers tour, so there!

Well, if you already have all the bootlegs then tough! A lot of fans don't have the bootlegs and would appreciate this gig being released! Robert Winning aka the Strangeways Maestro said this was the best gig on the Boxers tour, so there!

Mr. Winning is incorrect. Brixton Academy the night before was far superior as were Glasgow and Motherwell.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom