Remastered "Kill Uncle" cover?

An anonymous person sends the link:

Morrissey - Kill Uncle (CD/2xVinyl) and 'Playboys' (CD/Vinyl 72) - Spin CDS

Posted by Alan
Posted on February 25, 2013

All available on April 8th.

"Morrissey’s 2nd studio album ‘Kill Uncle’ has now been remastered by Bill Inglot and comes housed in a gatefold digipack, with completely re-designed artwork including rare contemporary photos whilst the infamous track ‘There’s A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends’ has now been swapped from the original album version to the US E.P. version.

The remastered version of ‘Kill Uncle’ is also available as a 2LP gatefold vinyl, with the same re-designed art"

kill_uncle_remastered.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
That is just tacky. It looks like an ad for an NME interview.

Oh, that's quite interesting. I love that picture, if that's indeed the new artwork for the remaster, but the original picture somehow fits the mood of the LP.

The only thing I like is the Parlophone Logo , THAT IS IT. This cover would be too...glamorous for a Morrissey Record.

Cheers Moz

I like the old cover better!! :confused:

I like the old picture better for the LP, too. This is a great photo, but I'm not sure it was the best choice for the remaster. It's bright and somewhat humorous, and the LP is none of those things. Did Morrissey put this on the cover, or did someone else design it?

that link also shows the original cover for Playboys for the single reissue..I hope that's not the case.

Somewhere....

Last edited:
I like the old picture better for the LP, too. This is a great photo, but I'm not sure it was the best choice for the remaster. It's bright and somewhat humorous, and the LP is none of those things. Did Morrissey put this on the cover, or did someone else design it?

But Kill Uncle is bright and humorous..!

I find the lo-fi cover perfectly fitting for the (original) production of the piece. Would stand out in the shelves as well - certainly increases sales when young hipsters are attending record store day for example?

Argh. It's not a terrible picture per se...but the Kill Uncle cover was probably Morrissey's best cover. Notice he's wearing a shirt with the original photo on it.
I don't understand why he's doing this.

Argh. It's not a terrible picture per se...but the Kill Uncle cover was probably Morrissey's best cover. Notice he's wearing a shirt with the original photo on it.
I don't understand why he's doing this.

Isn't that Bona Drag, Chip, old chap?

But Kill Uncle is bright and humorous..!

I find the lo-fi cover perfectly fitting for the (original) production of the piece. Would stand out in the shelves as well - certainly increases sales when young hipsters are attending record store day for example?

Haha! It's witty, yes. I guess it depends on how you look at it :)

It just shows you we all like different things I love the sleeve.

Back
Top Bottom