Morrissey Central "Release" - Bonfire release details (October 29, 2022)

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

DSCF3881.JPG
DSCF3890.JPG

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:

You aint wrong
But he has a joint lead in My Policeman , which has some "ok " reviews
Anyway Morrissey's turn in the Brookside spin off, hardly got Hollywood racing to him
Mick jagger is hardly a great actor, didn't stop him. Lennon wasnt great. and Bowie was patchy

The fact his acting isn't very good and that he isn't your or my, kind of pop act, doesn't matter.
He owns LA right now.
I have been working in America on and off since 2004. I spend a lot of time in Boston, New York, Florida and Los Angeles (Not the glam life it may seem, I have lost two wives due to the job, careless)
When the whole Moz is big in America and king in Los Angeles thing started it was fun, it was smoke and mirrors, not true but it was fun, I think he has over played that hand,
Anyway, Im not fan of Harry but I respect his game and the size of venues his is packing in LA is huge and its not like one night, its 10 or something
Moz was definitely very popular in LA in the 2000's - he played a ton there in those years and it was always packed if not sold out - at least to the shows I went to and I went to 9 or 10. I wouldn't say he was big in America in general then though. He just remained popular in LA, primarily it seemed due to his extreme popularity with the Latino population - who always turned out in full force. Now was he ever as popular in LA as the biggest pop acts of those days? Not even close. Still regret not making my way to the Cat & The Fiddle one night after work when a friend called to tell me he was there. Oh well!

Yes I agree.
But I think he is more tech minded than we think ( he spends way too much time you Youtube) but his idea of Fame and "success" is old school.
the game worked for him in the past . Its not now. A few of us thought once his mummy died, he would get real and cut Sam off, he was mainly only helping sam to please his mum.
Trouble is now his mums gone he probably feels more alone than ever. So, he wants to keep family around
In his mind. He thinks long term. Fashion comes and goes and in the end his art will win out and he is right. The trouble is, all these embarrassments really have damaged him
The Sam stuff, the Fiona stuff , John Riggers, The getting Boz to write those emails after the Paris thing. All this stuff really has reduced him to many.
Anyway, he doesn't need to do the website himself, he can get someone else to do it.
Its not even a modern idea to go the internet route, Bowie was doing online stuff 20 years ago - and if we were in 1983 20 years ago is 1963
My point really, is its just a shame he is stuck in the old idea of fame etc. I mean why does he want it , to be loved and respected?
If he did it himself he would get more love and respect.
Getting someone tech-savvy and modern media aware (not SER) would clearly be the answer. Bowie always embraced modernity. But Morrissey seems determined to hang on the past, and the old ways of signing a record deal and releasing a single and an album that way.

You aint wrong
But he has a joint lead in My Policeman , which has some "ok " reviews
Anyway Morrissey's turn in the Brookside spin off, hardly got Hollywood racing to him
Mick jagger is hardly a great actor, didn't stop him. Lennon wasnt great. and Bowie was patchy

The fact his acting isn't very good and that he isn't your or my, kind of pop act, doesn't matter.
He owns LA right now.
I have been working in America on and off since 2004. I spend a lot of time in Boston, New York, Florida and Los Angeles (Not the glam life it may seem, I have lost two wives due to the job, careless)
When the whole Moz is big in America and king in Los Angeles thing started it was fun, it was smoke and mirrors, not true but it was fun, I think he has over played that hand,
Anyway, Im not fan of Harry but I respect his game and the size of venues his is packing in LA is huge and its not like one night, its 10 or something
you have to do the business or the business will do you=bb king in the new elvis film.

I don't hate any artist either. It's just the mega artists take up too much space in record shops, in shop windows, but especially in vinyl production where they book out entire pressing plants. There is little room for others to grow. Like when JAWS and other 'tentpole' films came along the argument from the studios was that the mega dollars from blockbuster films would finance loads of smaller films. Yeah right. Instead we got one dumbed down blockbuster after another, as seen more recently in the gob gagging glut of Marvel films.

p.s. I'll say one thing for Harry Styles: he was good in Dunkirk. He should do more films.

I saw My Policeman yesterday and found him good too.

But I don't buy records by artists who are racists and hate spreaders...

I also don't buy records with really baaaad cover art. It ruins the music for me. So what if I'm picky and have scruples.

So, I guess you'll miss the opportunity to listen to "I Ex-love you".

No confirmation from the record company suggests the MorrisseyCentral statement may have been premature and the actual details of any deal (if one exists) have yet to be worked out and signed off on their side. A February release seems a bit optimistic, unless it is digital only.

He’s not even listed on their Artists page on their website.

It is sad to reflect upon the absence of solid, reliable information regarding this album. Or perhaps I am being impatient, and the official confirmation of this deal is forthcoming. I believe I have been rendered impatient by this album rollout.

Much has been said about all of the other - real and imagined- controversies besetting Morrissey so that this slippery status quo of shifting facts and intentions can be overlooked as one of the principal afflictions of being a contemporary fan.

Some honesty and transparency would go a long way towards rectifying this. Post the preorder and I will be one of the first putting my money up for this much sought after record.

I assume he means a studio version. But after hearing the Janice Long session take, why would anyone want to? Lol.
Now now, I’ve always liked it!

As I'm currently nearing the end of adding 13 years worth of TTY release information posts:
I can say that announcements about forthcoming products via ever-changing companies did not always (if ever) have mirrored announcements by the companies involved. TTY actually very often broke the news months in advance. Worth keeping in mind when creatimg steadfast 'rules' of what no announcement by said companies actually means.
FWD.

As I'm currently nearing the end of adding 13 years worth of TTY release information posts:
I can say that announcements about forthcoming products via ever-changing companies did not always (if ever) have mirrored announcements by the companies involved. TTY actually very often broke the news months in advance. Worth keeping in mind when creatimg steadfast 'rules' of what no announcement by said companies actually means.
You are a treasure my man
have you collected together the interviews, M comments from that site?
Its strange to think what a delight that page seems compared to M central.

FWD.
I'm not sure anyone is creating a steadfast list of rules.
I think it's just got to the point where nobody really takes what M says seriously-some of us haven't ever taken him seriously, now it seems most don't.
It's curious how lots of these announcements are made when tickets need to be sold
Which is fair enough, "it's all in the game"
its just a shame, as some of us long to have our own copy of BOT. That's all. We have been half expecting the LP to be released this year, or at least a single but nothing.

I hope the LP is coming out next Feb, I really do.
Maybe he is signed but Capital is not gonna announce a M signing, I mean if they do, they may have to risk having loads of "that racist swine, how could you?" type posts
It's just none of the people I know who work in that industry, know anything about a signing/ release date and some of these are industry people/M fans

I don't know, you know more than me about the industry, I expect- is it normal for no mention of signing, no fixed dates, anywhere bar the artist's mouth, some 4 months before release?

What a refreshing post. I couldn’t agree with you anymore.
When the performer in question can‘t bear to look at or use present photography of themselves you know it’s game over.
Its all about tatty merch, gimmick songs and sell out trickery/smoke and mirrors in a pathetic attempt to say to the record companies “look at me, I’ve not been cancelled”.
This dog was chained up years ago LOL

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

When did he start not using his most recent photos on releases? It was with Greatest Hits in 2008 wasn't it? And then the AYNIM and THPGU single covers.

I agree, that’s why I said the one person this really affects is Morrissey. He will lose income and chart placing as a result of this not being available in the UK, I just can’t see fans not going the the downloads section here to grab the album. I will too and I will have no problem buying the album once it finally gets released over here.

I think it will get sorted, even if it is late in the day someone will give way.
Can just order from a US online shop if they export

Can just order from a US online shop if they export
Sure but I think we can do better than that.

Maybe us folks in the Uk should agree that we will order from somewhere like Albania, maybe we could push him to a very unlikely number 1 there.

Last edited:
I do wonder if getting a record deal in the UK will be dependent on Moz releasing some sort of statement clarifying / distancing himself from his previous support for For Britain? Something about being impressed with their stance on animal rights, but wanting to confirm that he stands against racism and Islamophobia, without suggesting that FB stood for either of those, of course. Something bland enough to keep his dignity, and not throw AMW under a bus, but specific enough to cleanse him, at least partly, from the sin of being associated with the 'far right' in the eyes of the record company and the mainstream media. Would he ever sign such a statement? Will BOT ever get a release in the UK without such a statement? Watch this space...

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom