Morrissey Central "Release" - Bonfire release details (October 29, 2022)

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

DSCF3881.JPG
DSCF3890.JPG

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:

But his obsession with the number 1 position is really a UK thing. He has zero chance of reaching number 1 in the US or in any other country. And the album will not be released in the UK (for the time being). So no promotion in the UK.

I can imagine him performing his new single (with Miley present to make it more interesting) on one of these TV shows. And if required, he may do some email interviews on a very selective basis.
Well, Im not sure she will turn up. He made comment about her not attending "ANY" of the vegas shows. I think he tried to get her along.

So true. There's no room for anyone else as long as the masses stampede for Swift, Adele, Styles, and other radio plugged behemoths. They talk about diversity while churning out tubs of vanilla music.
Tell you what I'm in Los Angeles now, with my daughter.
I'm taking her to some Harry Styles gigs- he has sold out a huge stadium for about 10 nights. He has just done a load of gigs at the forum as well. Crazy
Fair play to the guy he is the next George Michael. At the moment he owns LA
People kept trying to give the role to Robbie, who was really like the new Cliff Richard (except Cliff was actually considered "cool" in the 50s Robbie was never "cool" ). Robbie and Cliff were the biggest artist in the light entertainment section, of their time but they can't shift units, at all in the USA. Both were/are rejected. Harry is doing what Cliff and Robbie could only dream of.
Harry has really made it over here. It's good there is an English act who is up there with Miley ,Swift etc.
The likes of Robbie and Styles aren't for me. I like to be entertained but I like voices and words and music that packs a punch, Im not a hater though, so I wish them well

I'm taking her to some Harry Styles gigs- he has sold out a huge stadium for about 10 nights. He has just done a load of gigs at the forum as well. Crazy
People kept trying to give the role to Robbie, who was really like the new Cliff Richard (except Cliff was actually considered "cool" in the 50s Robbie was never "cool" ). Robbie and Cliff were the biggest artist in the light entertainment section, of their time but they can't shift units, at all in the USA. Both were/are rejected. Harry is doing what Cliff and Robbie could only dream of.
Harry has really made it over here. It's good there is an English act who is up there with Miley ,Swift etc.
The likes of Robbie and Styles aren't for me. I like to be entertained but I like voices and words and music that packs a punch, Im not a hater though, so I wish them well
As long as they write their own songs, it’s okay by me

I don't hate any artist either. It's just the mega artists take up too much space in record shops, in shop windows, but especially in vinyl production where they book out entire pressing plants. There is little room for others to grow. Like when JAWS and other 'tentpole' films came along the argument from the studios was that the mega dollars from blockbuster films would finance loads of smaller films. Yeah right. Instead we got one dumbed down blockbuster after another, as seen more recently in the gob gagging glut of Marvel films.

p.s. I'll say one thing for Harry Styles: he was good in Dunkirk. He should do more films.

It’s struck me that the release of this record may have deliberately been delayed pending the end of the inquiry into the Manchester attack, which is roughly now. Perhaps a UK label deal will arise now that things have come to their conclusion.
Part 1 of the 3-part inquiry report was completed in June 21, and Part 2 has just concluded, so at that rate, it'll be at least another year before the third part appears, which scuppers that wish : (

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see BOT released in the UK as a single and as an album - and (God forbid!) for it to be played on the radio! But I would be surprised if that ever happens. We all know Moz isn't far right, and we all know BOT isn't a far right song - but that is how it will be portrayed by the media. You could almost write the reviews in the NME and The Guardian now - 'the old curmudgeon returns with a dog whistle for the far right'. Lazy journalism, but such are the times we live in. No record company will want to get mired in that. Moz just doesn't sell enough to make it worth their while. I hope I'm wrong. I really do hope I'm wrong. A scrap of optimism is all we have left these days.
A scrap is all we need!

Nah
I wish Morrissey wouldn't give a shit about record companies and old media and just go the
"I had it all and i walked away" approach.
Then release records on his own website ( a good one, not the shit m central one) he should then give interviews to mostly Pod casters and f*** the media right off.

That's what I wish, it would make him look much more "im not a dog on a chain"
It would be a legendary move.
He should have done this after his contract with BMG was up. Got a great website, did the odd interview, drop the odd live video , "lost demo" recording etc
Then released the lp himself. He makes most money touring anyway, so just get a team for that
Going forward he should create a great site - maybe with its own forum, do a couple of interviews with pod casters , one with Mojo (for example)
THEN keep his mouth shut.
I get what you're saying but you're gonna go mad wishing Morrissey would do what you want him to do.

I think its the vinyl production in the UK thats the issue. There are delays and there is a queue. Morrissey wants the album out as soon as possible. No UK label can deliver the Vinyl in time for Feb.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see BOT released in the UK as a single and as an album - and (God forbid!) for it to be played on the radio! But I would be surprised if that ever happens. We all know Moz isn't far right, and we all know BOT isn't a far right song - but that is how it will be portrayed by the media. You could almost write the reviews in the NME and The Guardian now - 'the old curmudgeon returns with a dog whistle for the far right'. Lazy journalism, but such are the times we live in. No record company will want to get mired in that. Moz just doesn't sell enough to make it worth their while. I hope I'm wrong. I really do hope I'm wrong. A scrap of optimism is all we have left these days.
people in britain have had enough,there are people coming here and staying in four and five star hotels who have never paid a penny into the system and yet the elderly who fought in the war and paid into the system their whole lives will be sitting under extra blankets in their homes trying to keep warm this winter,the £6.7 million pound a day they are spending on hotels could pay for every person in britains heating.

harrys acting in dont worry darling was gash,more wooden than a wooden brush handle,then again he was up against florence pugh who is excellent in anything she is in.

For those in the know about the unheard tracks from each album which tracks are we looking forward to seeing included in these reissued deluxe vinyl packages?

Southpaw Grammar - Is there anything we missed?
Maladjusted - Kit? Anything else apart from that one?
You Are The Quarry - Does the massive amount of B sides cover it all?
Ringleader of the Tormentors - Quite a few B sides for this one but is there anything left out?
Years Of Refusal - Action Man?
World Peace Is None Of Your Business - Probably nothing extra considering the extra CD of tracks.

Where's @Mr Reynolds when you need him? Although @famouswhendead is pretty schooled up too ;)

Nah
I wish Morrissey wouldn't give a shit about record companies and old media and just go the
"I had it all and i walked away" approach.
Then release records on his own website ( a good one, not the shit m central one) he should then give interviews to mostly Pod casters and f*** the media right off.

That's what I wish, it would make him look much more "im not a dog on a chain"
It would be a legendary move.
He should have done this after his contract with BMG was up. Got a great website, did the odd interview, drop the odd live video , "lost demo" recording etc
Then released the lp himself. He makes most money touring anyway, so just get a team for that
Going forward he should create a great site - maybe with its own forum, do a couple of interviews with pod casters , one with Mojo (for example)
THEN keep his mouth shut.
I totally agree - but Moz is clearly just too tech-phobic to do that. The fact that he has left MC in the hands of SER speaks volumes about his online literacy. It's shocking. He has a 1960s / 1970s outlook on life and on releasing music. But hoping that he is going to change and realise that with the internet he could completely bypass all that old fashioned record label bull shit is probably stretching hoping too far. More's the pity. But it's also slightly endearing that as an artist he lives 'modern life is rubbish'. Because let's be honest - it kind of is.

people in britain have had enough,there are people coming here and staying in four and five star hotels who have never paid a penny into the system and yet the elderly who fought in the war and paid into the system their whole lives will be sitting under extra blankets in their homes trying to keep warm this winter,the £6.7 million pound a day they are spending on hotels could pay for every person in britains heating.
👏👏👏

No confirmation from the record company suggests the MorrisseyCentral statement may have been premature and the actual details of any deal (if one exists) have yet to be worked out and signed off on their side. A February release seems a bit optimistic, unless it is digital only.

He’s not even listed on their Artists page on their website.

Not sure how many 97+ year old WWII veterans are sat shivering under blankets but it has nothing to do with people crossing the channel, Brits should stop voting for right wing austerity, the transfer of hundred of billions of pounds via QE and government subsidy to the top 1%.

The people making Britain miserable are miserable British people, British(conservatives) decided to have the most expensive and yet the most worthless energy crisis package in Europe.

I totally agree - but Moz is clearly just too tech-phobic to do that. The fact that he has left MC in the hands of SER speaks volumes about his online literacy. It's shocking. He has a 1960s / 1970s outlook on life and on releasing music. But hoping that he is going to change and realise that with the internet he could completely bypass all that old fashioned record label bull shit is probably stretching hoping too far. More's the pity. But it's also slightly endearing that as an artist he lives 'modern life is rubbish'. Because let's be honest - it kind of is.
Yes I agree.
But I think he is more tech minded than we think ( he spends way too much time you Youtube) but his idea of Fame and "success" is old school.
the game worked for him in the past . Its not now. A few of us thought once his mummy died, he would get real and cut Sam off, he was mainly only helping sam to please his mum.
Trouble is now his mums gone he probably feels more alone than ever. So, he wants to keep family around
In his mind. He thinks long term. Fashion comes and goes and in the end his art will win out and he is right. The trouble is, all these embarrassments really have damaged him
The Sam stuff, the Fiona stuff , John Riggers, The getting Boz to write those emails after the Paris thing. All this stuff really has reduced him to many.
Anyway, he doesn't need to do the website himself, he can get someone else to do it.
Its not even a modern idea to go the internet route, Bowie was doing online stuff 20 years ago - and if we were in 1983 20 years ago is 1963
My point really, is its just a shame he is stuck in the old idea of fame etc. I mean why does he want it , to be loved and respected?
If he did it himself he would get more love and respect.

For those in the know about the unheard tracks from each album which tracks are we looking forward to seeing included in these reissued deluxe vinyl packages?

Southpaw Grammar - Is there anything we missed?
Maladjusted - Kit? Anything else apart from that one?
You Are The Quarry - Does the massive amount of B sides cover it all?
Ringleader of the Tormentors - Quite a few B sides for this one but is there anything left out?
Years Of Refusal - Action Man?
World Peace Is None Of Your Business - Probably nothing extra considering the extra CD of tracks.

Where's @Mr Reynolds when you need him? Although @famouswhendead is pretty schooled up too ;)
I would like to hear Noise is the best revenge , the song not the band

harrys acting in dont worry darling was gash,more wooden than a wooden brush handle,then again he was up against florence pugh who is excellent in anything she is in.and
You aint wrong
But he has a joint lead in My Policeman , which has some "ok " reviews
Anyway Morrissey's turn in the Brookside spin off, hardly got Hollywood racing to him
Mick jagger is hardly a great actor, didn't stop him. Lennon wasnt great. and Bowie was patchy

The fact his acting isn't very good and that he isn't your or my, kind of pop act, doesn't matter.
He owns LA right now.
I have been working in America on and off since 2004. I spend a lot of time in Boston, New York, Florida and Los Angeles (Not the glam life it may seem, I have lost two wives due to the job, careless)
When the whole Moz is big in America and king in Los Angeles thing started it was fun, it was smoke and mirrors, not true but it was fun, I think he has over played that hand,
Anyway, Im not fan of Harry but I respect his game and the size of venues his is packing in LA is huge and its not like one night, its 10 or something

popularity with the masses does not = good. And if you’re impressed by that game :(

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom