Morrissey Central "Release" - Bonfire release details (October 29, 2022)

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

DSCF3881.JPG
DSCF3890.JPG

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:

chili peppers? Im surprised.Not a fan of their music,too " middle of the road " for me, and some of their fans come across as the sexist homophobic,fratboy type kind of guys,but Flea seems like a nice chap.I automatically think back of a quote of nick in 2006 where he says sth along the line "whenever I ask what kind of shit music is blasting out on the radio right now,the answer is always the chili peppers playing":Flea is a huge Cave fan,as am I, he was a bit sad but understands and responds nicely to that quote. In 2022 he performed with Nick for one song live on stage in LA. ,as a peace offering from Nick. See https://www.iheart.com/alternate/am...ed-hot-chili-peppers-hater-nick-cave-onstage/ Miley cyrus on a Moz record who would have thought ,she has great pipes,but her own music is not memorable or interesting to me but she has played a lot of good coversongs,see YouTube ,including Moz

The red ‘C’ encircling the black disc, I’d hope: great 70s graphic.

Completely agree; that’s the best one. But I suspect Morrissey might prefer the one with the capitol dome, which I always associate with the Beatles, but probably makes the California Son think of Frank Sinatra and Al Martino.

Completely agree; that’s the best one. But I suspect Morrissey might prefer the one with the capitol dome, which I always associate with the Beatles, but probably makes the California Son think of Frank Sinatra and Al Martino.
That one might give him shivers, as Rough Trade used a modified version of that on early Smiths records, as I recall (before they got the letter from the lawyers).

When do you think the first single will drop, and do you think we'll get a real music video instead of a lyric video like we did with Dog?

we know the announcement is for a February release, but I’ll believe it when I see it, or hear it, in this case. I mean if it doesn’t happen in February I’m fine with that.

Moz should do an interview on GB News in the UK. Andrew Doyle, for example, would give him a fair hearing. Or maybe even 'Talking Pints' with Nigel Farage? Now that would be something to see. In fact, Morrissey was mentioned by Andrew Doyle on his programme 'Free Speech Nation' on Sunday. Morrissey is mentioned very briefly in a discussion about Jerry Lee Lewis, and separating the artist from his art. Morrissey is mentioned at about 19'05''. The full segment on Jerry Lee Lewis starts at about 15'35''. It is sad though that Moz's name now seems to come up repeatedly in any conversation about artists who have committed crimes.

People can pick and choose what they want to listen to from an artist of course but to separating Morrissey from his songs is a futile exercise. In both song and speech he is equally outspoken. Where does it say the listener or fan is supposed to agree with the artist 100%? I don't see any separation required.

Re the supposed interview he should do it with whomever annoys skinny the most ;)

Last edited:
we know the announcement is for a February release, but I’ll believe it when I see it, or hear it, in this case. I mean if it doesn’t happen in February I’m fine with that.
Yeah February Schmebuary. As long as he now has a deal I couldn't care less when it comes out. Just get it out so we can hear his new album with Alain as a co writer and player for that matter.

I have used several European digital sellers amongst 'local' ones to provide 'official' files here as soon as humanly possible (assuming no leaks that is). They don't care one iota about where their money comes from, nor have they ever.
Regards,
FWD.
Not sure if you are meaning sites that aren’t strictly legal?

Across europe brexit has changed things. The customs region was the EU and we were free to trade across it.

I am sure it will get resolved as the one person this will really affect is Morrissey.

People can pick and choose what they want to listen to from an artist of course but to separating Morrissey from his songs is a futile exercise. In both song and speech he is equally outspoken. Where does it say the listener or fan is supposed to agree with the artist 100%? I don't see any separation required.

Re the supposed interview he should do it with whomever annoys skinny the most ;)
well said marr,doesnt bother me one bit what he says.too many saints in the music world looking after their own interests,give me the patron saint of outspoken every day of the week.

dont see why people are panicking about the album not being released in the uk as it will be on here one minute after its officially released.
who would win in a fight.
bonfire of teenagers v bonfire weekend.

dont see why people are panicking about the album not being released in the uk as it will be on here one minute after its officially released.
who would win in a fight.
bonfire of teenagers v bonfire weekend.
I agree, that’s why I said the one person this really affects is Morrissey. He will lose income and chart placing as a result of this not being available in the UK, I just can’t see fans not going the the downloads section here to grab the album. I will too and I will have no problem buying the album once it finally gets released over here.

I think it will get sorted, even if it is late in the day someone will give way.

I’ll believe it when I finally hear it. And as regards this being “…..a (Pyrrhic) victory for free speech,” the truth plenty here deny is that Morrissey’s album and single sales have plummeted dramatically over the last few years.
He’s not had a Top Ten single in the real world charts since 2006 (‘You Have Killed Me’). And ongoing controversies entirely of his own making have stymied any real chance of him being a commercial force again.
When BoT is finally released, it’ll tumble out of the charts within a month. He’s done the damage to himself. End of.

I'm normally very tentative about putting eggs in one basket, but I don't see this as quite the same as SER & the Trojan Records nonsense from a while back.
Firstly, it denotes L.A. - which makes sense.
They then went further than the record deal and mentioned reissues - which mildly implies a conversation at the very least.
Further, Morrissey's social media may well be powered by a hamster in a wheel, but (the various incarnations of) Capitol have quite a robust social media team - who will have seen the media articles & spikes in interest and had more than enough time to distance themselves from it.
Regarding 'Brexit' and legitimate digital purchases in Europe (and Japan for that matter): myself, I've seen no change in what I can and can't purchase.
Regards,
FWD.

(Should the information change or he suddenly signs with Watt etc, happy to be wrong, but the face value of current information probably isn't as uncertain as its being made out to be).

Hopefully they’ll re-issue World Peace so that it becomes available on Spotify, but that’s probably getting even further ahead of things.

Can't wait to hear this album. All the negative comments on here re RHCP, from people who probably haven't heard their last few outstanding albums.
In my opinion when I do not like a band is automatic and simple I like it or not .cuano I do not like I am not interested in listening to anything because I simply do not like it is what happens to me with RHCP.For me it is immediate, that happened to me on this site when someone published a song of Felt was immediate I fell in love with Lawrence and Maurice Deebank, I think an incredible band one of the best and Lawrence's work with Denim etc I love,

Wonder if Capitol agreed to sign Moz on the condition that they
get to re-issue those old records or if Moz agreed to sign only if
Capitol re-issue the old records.
Seems like an important part of the deal.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom