Morrissey Central "Release" - Bonfire release details (October 29, 2022)

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

DSCF3881.JPG
DSCF3890.JPG

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:

Although I'm not sure whether to trust this "news " or not., I feel like we have kinda been here already , if it is true and the LP is due next fe that's great news as it means there will be a new tour. Maybe an Xmas single and one in Jan, then bang the LP in Feb and a new UK tour . Come f***ing on M, lets have it
Xmas single? Jingle bells?

I am wondering if this is even true, I mean. He said Veronica is the new single months ago
M is not the most reliable narrator Wasn't there meant to be a re-issue of World Peace years ago?
Until I see BOT start to be advertised I'm not banking on it. This could just be a way to sell tickets on a tour that is yet to properly sell out.
Re dates, yes I think the its 2007 , it was the tale end of 2008/early 2009 he started to physically change pretty quickly
He looks great in these pics
I hope to f*** this LP is released. I wanna hear it again, I want to own it. I sick of all these advertising statements now

I'm going to wait to celebrate until he shows up on Capitol Records social media or website. They should have made the announcement, not him.

Although I'm not sure whether to trust this "news " or not., I feel like we have kinda been here already , if it is true and the LP is due next fe that's great news as it means there will be a new tour. Maybe an Xmas single and one in Jan, then bang the LP in Feb and a new UK tour . Come f***ing on M, lets have it
When Moz announced one concert in Ireland for 2022 I immediately thought he'll be back in 2023. Looking more likely now I'd say.

Or MBV.

But what year was the last Cure album?
2008. They have been “teasing” their new album since 2019, saying at various times that it’s as good as finished etc.

2008. They have been “teasing” their new album since 2019, saying at various times that it’s as good as finished etc.
Yep. Not to mention the companion piece to 4:13 Dream: a finished album called 4:14 Nightmare, which was supposed to come out in 2009. (But since it was from the same sessions than the dire 4:13, it was probably no great loss.) And now The Cure has recorded two albums: Songs from the Lost World was mixed in April and the other still missed some vocals then. But since the new tour is named after the album and four new songs have been played live, surely that means that the first album is finally coming out.

I don't like red.hot... But well still happy because M finally saw the light

As a slip of a lad I saw the RHCP play in Belfast in 1992, supported by the Rollins Band. It was a great night.

Signed and obeyed congrats 🌿💕xo

The new iggy Pop single frenzy was recorded in the same Andrew Watt produced studio backed by the same members of the Chili Peppers. Despite Iggy being a different artist then Moz for context this could be similar to the production and sound of some of the tracks on bonfire. Perhaps the drum sounds anyway?

The new iggy Pop single frenzy was recorded in the same Andrew Watt produced studio backed by the same members of the Chili Peppers. Despite Iggy being a different artist then Moz for context this could be similar to the production and sound of some of the tracks on bonfire. Perhaps the drum sounds anyway?

Yeah was thinking the same thing when I heard it. Very nice.

I also heard that Iggy did a cover of Under The Bridge which will be a single, do you know about this? ;)

I hope so. The drums in Dog were awful.

Who would have guessed that one day Morrissey would essentially record an album with the Red Hot Chili Peppers!? Anyway, this is great great news. Has it ever been confirmed which track Iggy Pop appears on?
Remember the days when he still felt able to refuse having the likes of "Radiodead" and/or "Oldplay" as his backing band, despite what the record companies wanted? Those principl days are gone.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom