Morrissey Central "Release" - Bonfire release details (October 29, 2022)

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

DSCF3881.JPG
DSCF3890.JPG

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:

Erm it’s really not difficult ordering an import release 🤔
Well, it really depends on the price, doesn’t it? Plus, I wrote that just after the whole Uk situation was announced: now I’ve realised it’s most likely going to be on streaming, my initial knee jerk worries have been alleviated slightly. Thanks for your insight anyway.

You would take original LIHS over Dog cover?
In fact, yes. It's unlike any other, quite funny, and I have the same t-shirt as Mando's son ;)

I think M is now bigger in US, particularly California.

Also, a surprise that Gustavo Manzur is not on the album - I assumed he would have written some of the music - perhaps it's a similar situation to that of Alain Whyte with 'Years of Refusal', where Alain composed some of the music, but was not on the album (although Alain then left the band for 12 years). Does anyone know who wrote the music - it would be interesting to know?

I'm not sure he is "bigger " in the USA - including Cali
I mean, I think the venues he played in Ireland and UK are bigger than most of his USA ones- I may be wrong
The places he was playing in San Diego are small I thought, i may be wrong though.
The whole thing about him being huge in cali is BS, he has his own day, sure but so do the Specials, who are hardly Elton John Huge
Truth be told The Cure and D Mode and Duran Duran are much bigger.
Cali is a big 80s place- so smiths and M were part of that but it's really really overblown how big he is.
Plus people over there started jumping ship with those in the UK. I think he just got more money

He is only playing the Greek for example, not Hollywood Bowl and when he played Hollywood Bowl last time, he struggled to sell out 2 nights - and tickets were actually being given away
D Mod sold out a whole f***ing month.
I'm not bitching. I'm just saying I'm not sure he is more popular than in UK, that's all

Last edited:
This albums is a truly Gem! Too bad the queen and the prudes Still controlling Britain puppets. However.... You can order international. Can't wait. !!

I have a friend in the industry who knows Andrew Watt. Apparently there could be a deluxe version of bonfire as several more tracks were recorded including a cover of the chili peppers song, under the bridge!

I'm not sure he is "bigger " in the USA - including Cali
I mean, I think the venues he played in Ireland and UK and bigger than most of his USA ones- I may be wrong
The places he was playing in San Diego are small I thought, i may be wrong though.
The whole thing about him being huge in cali is BS, he has his own day, sure but so do the Specials, who are hardly Elton John Huge
Truth be told The Cure and D Mode and Duran Duran are much bigger.
Cali is a big 80s place- so smiths and M were part of that but its really really over blown how big he is.
Plus people over there started jumping ship with those in the UK. I think he just got more money
He is only playing the Greek for example, not Hollywood Bowl and when he played Hollywood Bowl last time, he struggled to sell out 2 nights - and tickets were actually being given away
D Mod sold out a hole f***ing month.
Im not bitching. Im just saying Im not sure he is more popular than in UK, that's all
Until 2020 at least, Morrissey always sold more copies of his new albums in the UK than in the US. He might be able to attract a slightly larger live audience in the US though.
As a general rule of thumb, a third of all his album sales are in the UK, so around two thirds in the rest of the world.
The Cure, D Mode and Duran have always been much bigger live draws in the UK, too, comfortably packing out arena tours for multiple nights.
Pre 2020, Morrissey's relatively new albums would outsell theirs though. They just had lots of huge singles in the 80s that really attract the big live crowds to this day.

That’s the bit that makes sense.
Actually, some of the lyrics do have a bit of an 'arms around Paris' vibe.
"It's hard to believe that there's nobody out there
It's hard to believe that I'm all alone
At least I have her love, the city, she loves me
Lonely as I am, together we cry"
Could be true...

Last edited:
I have a friend in the industry who knows Andrew Watt. Apparently there could be a deluxe version of bonfire as several more tracks were recorded including a cover of the chili peppers song, under the bridge!
Under the bridge sang by Morrissey? Don't tease me like this man, I'd be sad if this didn't happen now

I will be cool to have an official release date announced, along with the first single and maybe even some production credits/track running times.

Glad it’s getting released. Let’s hope Morrissey can keep thriving.

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

View attachment 85460View attachment 85461

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:
No Chiccarelli at the helm. Hopefully, this helps.

I wouldn't say we're in an anxiety state. Just wondering/hoping that Bonfire and reissues are easy to get/pre-order. Records are dear enough without shelling out extra postage/customs. Worst case I'll get them delivered to a friend in US and collect them next time I'm over there in 2023. Just would prefer them to arrive at my own door, is all. I'm sure some kind of UK/IRL deal will happen between now and Feb.
I am wondering if this is even true, I mean. He said Veronica is the new single months ago
M is not the most reliable narrator Wasn't there meant to be a re-issue of World Peace years ago?
Until I see BOT start to be advertised I'm not banking on it. This could just be a way to sell tickets on a tour that is yet to properly sell out.
Re dates, yes I think the its 2007 , it was the tale end of 2008/early 2009 he started to physically change pretty quickly
He looks great in these pics
I hope to f*** this LP is released. I wanna hear it again, I want to own it. I sick of all these advertising statements now

Moz should do a special UK edition of the album, where the controversial title track is replaced by a cover of 'Don't Look Back in Anger' (Billy Bragg on backing vocals).

Although I'm not sure whether to trust this "news " or not., I feel like we have kinda been here already , if it is true and the LP is due next fe that's great news as it means there will be a new tour. Maybe an Xmas single and one in Jan, then bang the LP in Feb and a new UK tour . Come f***ing on M, lets have it

I am so happy.This year i been purchased new albuns from Tears for Fears,A-Ha, The Cult,Bryan adams....and no release for Morrisssey album.
Am i dreaming?

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom