Morrissey Central "Release" - Bonfire release details (October 29, 2022)

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

DSCF3881.JPG
DSCF3890.JPG

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:

This is all very nice, but Flea? Bass slap Flea? The RHCP? The f***ing RHCP?

Have you all forgotten how awful they were?

The musicians on the album are Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers).

I wouldn't have expected Morrissey to want to work with people who were partly responsible for this abomination:

The UK must surely be his biggest market? So isn’t he shooting himself in the foot? Anyone with a passing interest will just download it and then not bother buying the official uk release if/when it becomes available.
Might just wait till the official release date is confirmed then book a flight to Dublin, stock up and fly back home again.
Lots of Irish fans can help you out I’m sure - save yourself some cash on flights (unless you wanna fly over anyway).
Just put the word out and it and be sent over !

I wouldn't have expected Morrissey to want to work with people who were partly responsible for this abomination:

I'm looking forward to Moz Hot Chilli Peppers, I don't get what was so bad about them.

it’s the front pepper that always turned me off.

M is not working with him, but the other peppers are seasoned musicians.

Let our ears be the judge come Feb.

The musicians on the album are Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers).
Wait what? You read the same info as us? breaking news thank you.

The UK market has wised up to this CrankFraud and his gimmick songs.

“Stunning Victory over cancel culture” !!!! :rofl:

Songs have been poor for years now.

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

View attachment 85460View attachment 85461

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:
Hopefully it’s not just a one off and a multiple new album deal. I’m also hoping the re-releases means if they are available on vinyl, the vinyls releases will actually cost what a piece of vinyl should cost and not be $40 or $50 or more!

He's full of surprises, isn't he? I didn't think he would want to work with the producer of Green Day and Blink 182. :thumb:

Last edited:
I'm so very happy for you, Moz!

And, of course, for all of us fans worldwide.

Viva Moz! 💕🇧🇷

It’s great that he’s secured a deal and that we get to hear proper versions of the new songs.

I wonder who’ll release their new album first, him or The Cure.

They still are. RCHP has released two (2) albums this year.

I'm not in the loop when it comes to RHCP album releases. :praying:

Also, thank you for clarifying what "two" means :lbf:

It’s great that he’s secured a deal and that we get to hear proper versions of the new songs.

I wonder who’ll release their new album first, him or The Cure.

Or MBV.

But what year was the last Cure album?

Album art is by Liam Lynch again. 🤢🤢🤢
CS and DOG covers art weren't very successful .
In my opinion, these are two of the ugliest Morrissey album covers.
:(

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom