Morrissey Central "Release" - Bonfire release details (October 29, 2022)

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

DSCF3881.JPG
DSCF3890.JPG

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:

BREAKING: Morrissey to release "Bonfire of Teenagers" on Capitol Records in stunning victory over cancel culture

Added to OP.
Full of adverts.
Thought it was a Fiona article at first glance.
FWD.

Add:
Iggy Pop, Flea and Miley Cyrus to feature on new Morrissey album

Last edited:
BREAKING: Morrissey to release "Bonfire of Teenagers" on Capitol Records in stunning victory over cancel culture

Added to OP.
Full of adverts.
Thought it was a Fiona article at first glance.
FWD.
There is a Fiona article, I think I posted it in this thread, were you looking for one?

I’m sure it will get a u.k release - has anybody ever heard of an album being released everywhere except the u.k/the artists homeland? - but whatever, it’s being released; that’s all that matters.
Duran Duran's Medazzaland in 1997. The band was in commercial freefall and the album was such a mess, so EMI didn't release the album in their homeland even though the lead single Out of My Mind had charted at #21 in the singles chart. In fact it was only a month ago that the album charted in the UK, when it was finally released on vinyl.

There is a Fiona article, I think I posted it in this thread, were you looking for one?
I added the one she tweeted - didn't think it was by her though.
FWD.

February? I was hoping for a much swifter release.Better late than never I guess.
if it comes out february the first its only three months and a day,we live in a world where everyone wants things so much sooner,patience really is the greatest virtue.

M dont think i have forgotten about love affairs, rainbow valley,get it on the b-side of i am veronica,his voice on this classic would be sooo good.ps wonder who did the female part on this,dont think M has ever said.

This is brilliant news! Hopefully a release in the UK will follow. I hope the lack of a release in the UK as things currently stand isn't an indication that the UK is now the capital of woke: Terry Gilliam cancelled by the Old Vic; Graham Linehan's Father Ted the Musical axed; Kathleen Stock hounded out of her job; the same with Rosie Kay; the list goes on. When the history of these times are written, we will call this what it is - a McCarthyite witch-hunt of freedom of thought and expression.

I wonder why they don't mention Maladjusted in that list of vinyl reissues. SG and Mal only got CD reissues last time. Seems like a Maladjustment ;)

He’s a had a brilliant UK tour with more positive demand and coverage than he’s had in a decade (if you go by public response and not by ticket sales - since they’re smaller venues).

Worldwide (ex UK licensing) suggests capitol / UMG probably wanted a bigger chunk of his UK market and he said no. Id suggest he goes and give his pal Noel Gallagher a phone call and ask to release it on his sour mash label.

Wonder if the no-UK thing is just a bit of an attempt to build anticipation and generate some publicity before a deal is announced in a few weeks?

Hoping for a "World Peace" style deluxe CD with extra tracks, but no matter what, glad this is finally coming out.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom