Morrissey Central "Release" - Bonfire release details (October 29, 2022)

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

DSCF3881.JPG
DSCF3890.JPG

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:

I'd prefer reissues that match exactly the originals with same cover and same songs. And not like Viva Hate which removed Ordinary Boys in favour of less worthy new additions.
If Morrissey has anything to do with it great songs will be replaced by poorly fleshed out demos. We can almost bet our lives on changed art work.

Liam Lynch sounds familiar. I seem to remember seeing his name on a Morrissey record. Greatest Hits?
Cover of Dog & California Son.
Plus Knockabout World lyric video + Chain Gang video & Lady Willpower lyric video.
Regards,
FWD.

No, I mean poor package . Poor cardboard sleeve , no booklet , just a page with blurred lyrics that can be seen with a magnifying glass. It looked like a supplement to the daily newspaper.
It's just a details . But I believe it will be better now .
Oh I see. Ignore my similar question. It did come out a bit cheap I'd agree.

Anyone with any industry expertise explain to me why this deal covers everywhere but UK - is each region subject to negotiation or different subsidiary distributors?

The deal covering everywhere but his strongest market is strange, but I'm happy the record's actually coming out.

Capitol Records UK has a busy FB page highlighting UK released products.
Odd, the mechanics of it all / whys & why nots probably will never be known though.
Not to mention the one thing he won't get by "avoiding" the UK (which I don't believe for 1 minute) - a substantial chart placing of sorts.
Regards,
FWD.

with the announcement of an album release, i wonder if we’ll get I Am Veronica or some other singles to coincide with/promote the upcoming U.S. tour 🤔

with the announcement of an album release, i wonder if we’ll get I Am Veronica or some other singles to coincide with/promote the upcoming U.S. tour 🤔
I miss the old days of a 12" with great b-sides. Back when b-sides were not lacklustre live cover versions. Maybe Moz will go out and give us more vinyl than our turntables can handle.

I think the best we can hope for in terms of a physical single is maybe 'Veronica' gets a Record Store Day release in April 2023.

I`m so excited to read this. I can`t wait to hear the whole album. Good news indeed!!!! I am also seeing our Morrissey in concert soon and I am so happy about that. The last time I saw him live was in 2019.

February? I was hoping for a much swifter release.Better late than never I guess.

FWD said it all.
Don't be naive, there will be a UK domestic release, Morrissey just fakes a non interest from UK kabels whereas he just wants to get a higher offer in percentage or a better advance.

The man is drama queen but this so called disinterest of UK labels is just a storm in a glass of water.

It's based on previous searches by account holders - evidenced previously with upcoming albums. It's a search 'feature', not a coming soon indicator unfortunately.
If you search Morrissey on Amazon and filter by 'newest arrivals' - you get the actual state of play on their part.
FWD.

It's based on previous searches by account holders - evidenced previously with upcoming albums. It's a search 'feature', not a coming soon indicator unfortunately.
If you search Morrissey on Amazon and filter by 'newest arrivals' - you get the actual state of play on their part.
FWD.
And there's this. It's screaming your name at me.

Screenshot 2022-10-30 3.17.06 AM.png

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom