Morrissey Central "Release" - Bonfire release details (October 29, 2022)

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

DSCF3881.JPG
DSCF3890.JPG

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:

Uk on the naughty step (guessing taxes too and therefore as a copy is bound to be uploaded.. 🤣 smart move there) and over all a very American-sounding record 🤢

good news.have high hopes for this long player.

"Licensed" is the operative term here.
The Harvest/Capitol "2 record deal", standing on top of the Capitol Records building with Pammy etc and the subsequent furore appears to have given way to a licensing deal to make money from reissuing vinyl - which is still a money maker & makes sense from Capitol's POV as they're not beholden. He clearly owns the rights to the albums cited and there will be a demand - win, win.
FWD.

(Trying to tell people getting in to anxiety states re: sourcing products or the new album not to worry will be pointless, but I'm certainly not losing any sleep about it).
I wouldn't say we're in an anxiety state. Just wondering/hoping that Bonfire and reissues are easy to get/pre-order. Records are dear enough without shelling out extra postage/customs. Worst case I'll get them delivered to a friend in US and collect them next time I'm over there in 2023. Just would prefer them to arrive at my own door, is all. I'm sure some kind of UK/IRL deal will happen between now and Feb.

This is both good and bad news, but overall I'm very excited. However, I wanted to be able to download from amazon.co.uk.......fingers crossed.

I wouldn't say we're in an anxiety state. Just wondering/hoping that Bonfire and reissues are easy to get/pre-order. Records are dear enough without shelling out extra postage/customs. Worst case I'll get them delivered to a friend in US and collect them next time I'm over there in 2023. Just would prefer them to arrive at my own door, is all. I'm sure some kind of UK/IRL deal will happen between now and Feb.
There are a heap of European suppliers (Amazon included) that can deliver safely to the UK without ridiculous postage.
Regards,
FWD.

Great news! This is the icing on a very good year for Moz. A very successful tour, great performances and reviews. Viva Morrissey!

Great news as I've been jonesing to hear the studio versions... realistically how long til the follow-up to BOT is out? We don't know how many new albums are included in the deal, correct?

Last edited:
Great news as I've been eager to hear the studio versions... realistically how long til the follow-up to BOT is out? We don't know how many new albums are included in the deal, correct?
No not yet, hopefully its a three album deal. Lets be greedy. 🤞🏻🎼

Again, 'fate has just handed it to M'

2 track-related points:

I sent a food parcel to my first wife. FedEx

I hate funerals. I’m not a mourning person.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom