Morrissey Central "Release" - Bonfire release details (October 29, 2022)

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

DSCF3881.JPG
DSCF3890.JPG

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:

I personally am very excited about this. I knew it would find its way to a label eventually. I am also glad we can get WPINOYB back as an actual release.

Yep.

So there you have it folks.

Viva MOZ !

Viva Bonfire !

:cool:

Btw… Capitol ? M’s not doing so bad after all. Suck it haters !

:tiphat:

Last edited:
YES

Come on UK….

:highfive: Great news !!!

Don’t quite understand how it can be global ex UK, unless deliberate to make a point

Wake me up! This cannot be true! :guitar:

Capitol has been behind Harvest (World Peace Album Desaster). So the new label is a big surprise, isn‘t ist?

Wake me up! This cannot be true! :guitar:

Capitol has been behind Harvest (World Peace Album Desaster). So the new label is a big surprise, isn‘t ist?

M’s not settling for no small off shoot labels.

He wants the best he gets the best.

:cool:

Fantastic news…except the UK thing (very unfortunate for me). Looks like it’ll be time to bootleg in February, unless something happens in between.

Capitol is distributed by UMG, so why on earth it can’t be managed through a UK subsidiary is beyond comprehension. Me thinks they want a bigger slice of the pie

Flea is an interesting addition.
FWD.

Yay! Can't believe we'll also get deluxe reissues of all those albums too.
I’m hoping those are going to actually come out this time, considering most of them were announced a couple of years ago. Iirc there was some cover and label art for them but that’s all we heard about them.

When were these pictures taken?
He looks great . Also , when is the actual date?
Its pathetic not to release in UK, just means when it is released, it will be almost pointless
As most will have from USA

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom