reissue - repackage

DONKEYDAVE68

VIVAMOZ
Morrissey is certainly the master of the "reissue - repackage " money for old rope when it comes to the music industry, im certainly not going to want a deluxe edition of wpinoyb, maybe a warehouse is full of his autobiography and they need to make space ? Ive saved £0.99 p by not buying his new single , its on the new lp so i will deduct it off the final price of that
harvest records is part of emi and capitol records is also another sister company , can see reissues galore coming up
maybe one will come with a decent plastic sleeve and not those poor cardboard excuses of a sleeve , maybe plastic costs more than cardboard?
Or maybe a willy wonka style prize ticket , the prize to spend a day with moz ;)

double pack with a photograph
extra track and a tacky badge

paint a vulgar picture --------vivamoz

Morrissey is certainly the master of the "reissue - repackage " money for old rope when it comes to the music industry, im certainly not going to want a deluxe edition of wpinoyb, maybe a warehouse is full of his autobiography and they need to make space ? Ive saved £0.99 p by not buying his new single , its on the new lp so i will deduct it off the final price of that
harvest records is part of emi and capitol records is also another sister company , can see reissues galore coming up
maybe one will come with a decent plastic sleeve and not those poor cardboard excuses of a sleeve , maybe plastic costs more than cardboard?
Or maybe a willy wonka style prize ticket , the prize to spend a day with moz ;)

Hello 'DONKEYDAVE68'

It's called 'chaos marketing' and has been an integral feature of the income stream/business plan/profitability model structure of the music business since Tin Pan Alley era.

best wishes
Shazza

I'm not sure what the problem is. as a collector I would most probably have bought all these items separately anyway. How convenient that they have all been put into one 'delivered to my door' package. Thanks Harvest records!

Holy shit, I see what you did ... wait, I mean maybe, I could be getting ahead of myself. But, you took a line that Morrissey wrote in the 80's talking about the record industry's practice of releasing music which has already been released, and you're applying the irony of that situation with the fact that Morrissey himself has done it.

Brilliant. Utterly brilliant. Well spotted.

I know, that Morrissey bloke re-issues all these releases himself from his LA garage and forces people to buy them.

Tags
#morrissey #recordindustry
Back
Top Bottom