Reel Around The Fountain demo 45 on Complete Deluxe box - it's the Tate version, yes?

Posters this board say yes, my ears say yes. So why I am I getting flak from posters on a non-Smiths/Moz board who insist it is not?

Re: Reel Around The Fountain demo 45 on Complete Deluxe box - it's the Tate version,

Because they believe only what they read on the press release/info booklet? I had the same issue with everyone denying there was a different mix of 'I Keep Mine Hidden', but people finally seem to have listened to it.

It is DEFINATELY the Troy Tate version. If you listen to the previously leaked bootleg version here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjA7rcznPf8 you can hear that ghostly guitar line before the drums kick in.

I know it's been leaked for years - but as far as I am aware this is the first time the Troy Tate version of 'Reel Around the Fountain' has been officially released - and it looks like they did it by mistake.

Re: Reel Around The Fountain demo 45 on Complete Deluxe box - it's the Tate version,

Thanks Sid. There are a couple of persistent types on this other forum I mention and I keep saying listen to the damn thing. I have to wonder if they even have record players.

They possibly don't even own the set - just a download version they've nicked off some torrent site.

Additionally the entry for the set on Passions Just Like Mine is currently incorrect (it claims that the Troy Tate version is the MP3 only, and that the single is the Peel version). It's a great site, but sometimes I feel people are slightly too quick to treat every speck of info on it as Gospel Truth.

Back
Top Bottom