Redditers Rabbit on about BOT

I mean, I guess you are right... I was just trying to be nice. 🤷‍♂️ I am choosing to believe he's telling the truth because why not?

'Cause I have spent my whole life
In ruins
Because of people who were "nice’

;)

When he continues to post without giving any details or answering the simple question if Dors is a slow tempo song? … no answer. Then you can see how some may come to the conclusion that he hasn’t heard it.

Last edited:
I am actually Vanilla Ice or at least vanilla in the bedroom, I'm no creepy perv

Re production, I liked this production more than the last two LPs.
I'm not the one to talk to about production though, I zero in on voice and words and the rest falls away. "So what about his voice and words"
Well, I can say his voice sounds fantastic, just like on the last two Lps. His words aren't brilliant, but that's not because "he's lost it"
It's because he doesn't care as much about words as he does sound, phrasing and the joy of voice, he has been like that for at least 15 years, so no surprise there.
At this point, M is relying on nothing more than Live shows to keep the dream alive. He is obviously staying away from interviews, which is wise but a shame.
To me, he isn't a racist, in my definition of racist. Now folk like skinny can say "well, he is racist in the modern definition" , I say " But we all are, so what the f*** does it matter?" If you stretch the word racist to the point where 99% of the population is racist,
I mention this, as he has survived the worst, he is now coming out the other side, lots are now "red-pilled", even Russell Brand-although lets be honest Russ just watches and copies other people's podcasts and bends with the winds of fashion

Anyway, I really think he should release some of these songs in digital and limited physical release. Most of us will still buy the lp
Sorry I couldn't give a better review guys and Jazzy Gals

Any big instant classic ballads on there like 'My Hurling Days Are Done'? What about features? A$AP Rocky, Miley, anyone? Is Klinghoffer's influence noticeable at all? He's got a pretty recognisable style. Are there a lot of samples (noises or pieces of other music) like on the last albums?
And what about Diana Dors? Rocker? Mid-tempo? Love song?

I did then hear the LP, while I was in NY and I can safely say every song sounded better in studio form.

I heard the LP, too, but not while I was in NY. It was in Florida and, like you, I was a bit drunk when I heard it. The guy who had the record was a jerk and wouldn't let me see the writing credits and, like you, I can't remember any particulars in terms of snippets of lyrics or even something as basic as whether Diana Dors is a ballad. But indeed, one thing the two of us have the privilege of knowing is that the studio songs sound much better than the recordings of live versions made by audience members with smartphones, and that the production work is better than Joe Chiccarelli's.

But indeed, one thing the two of us have the privilege of knowing is that the studio songs sound much better than the recordings of live versions made by audience members with smartphones, and that the production work is better than Joe Chiccarelli's.

Whaaaat?

No way. :straightface:

I heard the LP, too, but not while I was in NY. It was in Florida and, like you, I was a bit drunk when I heard it. The guy who had the record was a jerk and wouldn't let me see the writing credits and, like you, I can't remember any particulars in terms of snippets of lyrics or even something as basic as whether Diana Dors is a ballad. But indeed, one thing the two of us have the privilege of knowing is that the studio songs sound much better than the recordings of live versions made by audience members with smartphones, and that the production work is better than Joe Chiccarelli's.
What about the last song ( Saint In A Stained Glass Window ) ? Is that a sad - song like the album title ?

What about the last song ( Saint In A Stained Glass Window ) ? Is that a sad - song like the album title ?

I wish I could remember, but I was fairly drunk, and my 12-yr-old daughter and her friend were talking loudly throughout it, about how Amy Winehouse was a poseur and how you only get real authenticity and complexity from acts like the Fugs and John Maus. They are forever offering their precocious commentary, and I'm just lucky to overhear their insights.

Have any of them heard the LP?
I mean I left comments on here about the live versions but they were comments about the live versions not comments on the LP
The title track was very underwhelming as a live song, I thought but not a bad song, as such.
I did then hear the LP, while I was in NY and I can safely say every song sounded better in studio form. BOT is really quite something as a studio song.
Not sure why people want to spend so much time being nasty about stuff. Sad
You do realize you have told several stories about hearing the LP and none of them match. Kind of like when you say you were at a Moz gig several weeks after because you forgot you were here posting all night.

Back
Top Bottom