Redditers Rabbit on about BOT

goinghome

you must not tamper with arrangements
They are all in the Morrissey So-Low camp. Silly really. It's not as if people haven't got better things to do with their time......
Thankfully most people can still decide how to spend their time and judge merits of same for themselves.

They are all in the Morrissey So-Low camp. Silly really. It's not as if people haven't got better things to do with their time......
Have any of them heard the LP?
I mean I left comments on here about the live versions but they were comments about the live versions not comments on the LP
The title track was very underwhelming as a live song, I thought but not a bad song, as such.
I did then hear the LP, while I was in NY and I can safely say every song sounded better in studio form. BOT is really quite something as a studio song.
Not sure why people want to spend so much time being nasty about stuff. Sad

I mean I left comments on here about the live versions but they were comments about the live versions not comments on the LP
The title track was very underwhelming as a live song, I thought but not a bad song, as such.
I did then hear the LP, while I was in NY and I can safely say every song sounded better in studio form. BOT is really quite something as a studio song.
Wait... you've heard the actual album? (My apologies if this is old news) Can you tell us how that came about? What is the production style best compared to? The glossy Chiccarelli style? Or the classic Street style of the early days?

Wait a minute .. Did you hear the full album ? What about Diana Dors track ?

Without revealing too much can you share how you were able to hear the LP versions?

What about the great american artist A$AP Rocky ? does he appear in any song? Maybe in HA HA HARLEM. . You are very lucky to hear the whole record :guitar::clap:😲

Without revealing too much can you share how you were able to hear the LP versions?
To be honest, it wasn't the best condition for the listening event.
I don't like the guy who had the record and My eldest decided to piggyback on my work trip. for a "hype time" whatever the hell that means. He went MIA for 48 hours and ended up in Philly!
The guy who let me listen was a real smug wanker saying "I can't give you a copy " , as my son said "a dick move", So I had to sit there, while he talked and I tried to listen. He knows I wouldn't share it, what do these people think by holding tight to it, they are somehow closer to M, do they think he will come around and invite them to play crazy golf?
I was also a bit pissed (drunk). Anyway, the production is sharp and the songs pack way more of a punch than when played live.
The song BOF teenagers was a bit limp live but has a wallop on the studio version. All the songs we heard live sound better on record - this is the opposite of Lady Willpower, Art Hounds and even Crashing Bores, which were great live but drained of life when they hit wax
The backing band sound more skilled this time around, not sure if the band were different players to normal. I don't really follow the members of M's band.
I can't really say anything apart from this, anyone who is a fan of M's last two LPs will love this. It's a shame this is wasting away.
He should do some kind of BOT EP, 3 songs from the LP - call it Morrissey- BOT the EP
Or Morrissey- Bangers or Morrissey - Human Guy Fawkes or something. do it as a digital download release it on Nov 5th or whatever
It will get people way more excited than the live recordings
M's voice is fire on this lp. Actually, call the EP Morrissey- Fire
All I can really say is this, I was depressed afterward that this lp isn't out there. Why should we the fans suffer, because record companies are run by pricks?

Last edited:
I don't like the guy who had the record and My eldest decided to piggyback on my work trip. for a "hype time" whatever the hell that means. He went MIA for 48 hours and ended up in Philly!
The guy who let me listen was a real smug wanker saying "I can't give you a copy " , as my son said "a dick move", So I had to sit there, while he talked and I tried to listen. He knows I wouldn't share it, what do these people think by holding tight to it, they are somehow closer to M, do they think he will come around and invite them to play crazy golf?
I was also a bit pissed (drunk). Anyway, the production is sharp and the songs pack way more of a punch than when played live.
The song BOF teenagers was a bit limp live but has a wallop on the studio version. All the songs we heard live sound better on record - this is the opposite of Lady Willpower, Art Hounds and even Crashing Bores, which were great live but drained of life when they hit wax
The backing band sound more skilled this time around, not sure if the band were different players to normal. I don't really follow the members of M's band.
I can't really say anything apart from this, anyone who is a fan of M's last two LPs will love this. It's a shame this is wasting away.
He should do some kind of BOT EP, 3 songs from the LP - call it Morrissey- BOT the EP
Or Morrissey- Bangers or Morrissey - Human Guy Fawkes or something. do it as a digital download release it on Nov 5th or whatever
All I can really say is this, I was depressed afterward that this lp isn't out there. Why should we the fans suffer, because record companies are run by pricks?

Are ya Vaniller Ice's Dad?

What about the production style ? I mean is that better than LIHS Era & WPINOYB ? ( Thanks In Advance )

ehh you kept that quiet,what happened to share and share alike.

What about the production style ? I mean is that better than LIHS Era & WPINOYB ? ( Thanks In Advance )

I haven’t heard BoT yet, but I can come on here and tell you ‘yes it’s a better production’ besides lying, it’s subjective and maybe not the best question.

I know he said he was a bit drunk and the person sharing the album was talking through the listen, But I still found it a little surprising and disappointing that Dirk didn’t give any details of the songs, something that would be remembered like a strange sample or sound or loose description of any song not yet played live. Which is something we would expect from someone that’s heard a new album.

I’m not saying he hasn’t heard the album, but it’s a strange review even when one takes into account the less then perfect listening situation that he was in.
'Diana Dors' seems to have been hanging around for ages. Be interested to know if it's up or slow tempo, a eulogy to the actress, about London etc ??
Wait... you've heard the actual album? (My apologies if this is old news) Can you tell us how that came about? What is the production style best compared to? The glossy Chiccarelli style? Or the classic Street style of the early days?

Yes these things would be of interest. No answers of yet, especially in regards to Dors being a rocker or not.

I haven’t heard BoT yet, but I can come on here and tell you ‘yes it’s a better production’ besides lying, it’s subjective and maybe not the best question.

I know he said he was a bit drunk and the person sharing the album was talking through the listen, But I still found it a little surprising and disappointing that Dirk didn’t give any details of the songs, something that would be remembered like a strange sample or sound or loose description of any song not yet played live. Which is something we would expect from someone that’s heard a new album.

I’m not saying he hasn’t heard the album, but it’s a strange review even when one takes into account the less then perfect listening situation that he was in.

Yes these things would be of interest. No answers of yet, especially in regards to Dors being a rocker or not.
think the people who have heard it have taken a vow of silence.

Are ya Vaniller Ice's Dad?
I am actually Vanilla Ice or at least vanilla in the bedroom, I'm no creepy perv

Re production, I liked this production more than the last two LPs.
I'm not the one to talk to about production though, I zero in on voice and words and the rest falls away. "So what about his voice and words"
Well, I can say his voice sounds fantastic, just like on the last two Lps. His words aren't brilliant, but that's not because "he's lost it"
It's because he doesn't care as much about words as he does sound, phrasing and the joy of voice, he has been like that for at least 15 years, so no surprise there.
At this point, M is relying on nothing more than Live shows to keep the dream alive. He is obviously staying away from interviews, which is wise but a shame.
To me, he isn't a racist, in my definition of racist. Now folk like skinny can say "well, he is racist in the modern definition" , I say " But we all are, so what the f*** does it matter?" If you stretch the word racist to the point where 99% of the population is racist,
I mention this, as he has survived the worst, he is now coming out the other side, lots are now "red-pilled", even Russell Brand-although lets be honest Russ just watches and copies other people's podcasts and bends with the winds of fashion

Anyway, I really think he should release some of these songs in digital and limited physical release. Most of us will still buy the lp
Sorry I couldn't give a better review guys and Jazzy Gals

I am actually Vanilla Ice or at least vanilla in the bedroom, I'm no creepy perv

Re production, I liked this production more than the last two LPs.
I'm not the one to talk to about production though, I zero in on voice and words and the rest falls away. "So what about his voice and words"
Well, I can say his voice sounds fantastic, just like on the last two Lps. His words aren't brilliant, but that's not because "he's lost it"
It's because he doesn't care as much about words as he does sound, phrasing and the joy of voice, he has been like that for at least 15 years, so no surprise there.
At this point, M is relying on nothing more than Live shows to keep the dream alive. He is obviously staying away from interviews, which is wise but a shame.
To me, he isn't a racist, in my definition of racist. Now folk like skinny can say "well, he is racist in the modern definition" , I say " But we all are, so what the f*** does it matter?" If you stretch the word racist to the point where 99% of the population is racist,
I mention this, as he has survived the worst, he is now coming out the other side, lots are now "red-pilled", even Russell Brand-although lets be honest Russ just watches and copies other people's podcasts and bends with the winds of fashion

Anyway, I really think he should release some of these songs in digital and limited physical release. Most of us will still buy the lp
Sorry I couldn't give a better review guys and Jazzy Gals

Don't worry DB.
Ya gonna get a chance to hear Bonfire soon enough.

I agree with you. Saying absolutely nothing about the album so probably just feeling a bit lonely and needs attention rather than someone who has heard it.

Back
Top Bottom