Red Nail Varnish?

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
Slightly bizarre, but I've just watched the Morrissey Live in Dallas DVD, and I could swear there was a point where he put his hands close to the mic, and I could see red nail varnish on both thumbs but not on the fingers?:eek: Maybe I'm going mad... Or maybe it symbolises something? I have no idea.. :confused: :confused:

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
Actually, it was magenta.

kind regards,
joe.

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
Oh I've long, long ago abandoned any attempts at answering 'why ?' Morrissey does anything, from elastoplasts on his brow/nipple through fake cuts to crotch foliage to Eurovision obsession, it is all just the wonderful world of Morrissey !
In this particular instance I recall that in an NME interview at the start of the 'Kill Uncle' tour he stated that his perfect audience would consist of skinheads wearing magenta nail varnish. I also have a more vague recollection of reading somewhere that, as previously noted by Danny, it was a nod to Marc Bolan.
Kind regards,
joe.

andy_fozzy

Banned
Oh I've long, long ago abandoned any attempts at answering 'why ?' Morrissey does anything, from elastoplasts on his brow/nipple through fake cuts to crotch foliage to Eurovision obsession, it is all just the wonderful world of Morrissey !
In this particular instance I recall that in an NME interview at the start of the 'Kill Uncle' tour he stated that his perfect audience would consist of skinheads wearing magenta nail varnish. I also have a more vague recollection of reading somewhere that, as previously noted by Danny, it was a nod to Marc Bolan.
Kind regards,
joe.

Indeed!

The mystery for me is all part of my enjoyment.

The hearing aid, the 'Marry Me' :D

who-me

Slightly bizarre, but I've just watched the Morrissey Live in Dallas DVD, and I could swear there was a point where he put his hands close to the mic, and I could see red nail varnish on both thumbs but not on the fingers?:eek: Maybe I'm going mad... Or maybe it symbolises something? I have no idea.. :confused: :confused:

http://jbm67.fotopic.net/p22903351.html - I don't have a reason either but it gets people talking!:D

http://jbm67.fotopic.net/ - Pics from G-Mex Sat 23/12/06

Top Bottom