Record Shop Today in Rochester MN

BorealBoy

This Charming Fan
Today as seen in Rochester, MN.
IMG_6825.jpg

Today as seen in Rochester, MN. View attachment 49927

That’s such a tacky sleeve, it’s embarrassing. If you’ve never heard of Morrissey before and you go into a record store and see that, you’re gonna think who is that clown and wtf is that sleeve. There’s 0% chance any casual music goer is picking that up.
The main reason I started collecting vinyl was cos’ of the sleeves, especially the smiths. But some of mozzarellas early LPs were stunning to look at. When and where did it all go wrong in the art department.

That’s such a tacky sleeve, it’s embarrassing. If you’ve never heard of Morrissey before and you go into a record store and see that, you’re gonna think who is that clown and wtf is that sleeve. There’s 0% chance any casual music goer is picking that up.
The main reason I started collecting vinyl was cos’ of the sleeves, especially the smiths. But some of mozzarellas early LPs were stunning to look at. When and where did it all go wrong in the art department.

OK Sydney Poitier, settle downo_O

I hear ya. Please rank Morrissey solo album sleeves from best to worst. Not including the reissued ones.

I love Morrissey's new album sleeve. It looks really defiant and it's quite a blunt and powerful image. Stubborn almost. It seems to say take me as I am or up yours. And it's an image that has already been removed from Liverpool trains. If his face wasn't so large on the poster this probably wouldn't have happened.

I love Morrissey's new album sleeve. It looks really defiant and it's quite a blunt and powerful image. Stubborn almost. It seems to say take me as I am or up yours. And it's an image that has already been removed from Liverpool trains. If his face wasn't so large on the poster this probably wouldn't have happened.

Lol

I hear ya. Please rank Morrissey solo album sleeves from best to worst. Not including the reissued ones.

Anything pre 2014, Viva Hate is maybe a bit boring, but at least it’s timeless. I like the Kill Uncle artwork on the LP, might look boring to some, but I just love that sleeve and it’s a gatefold. Your Arsenal is one of my faves. Vauxhall is visually stunning, it’s just a great shot of Morrissey. I don’t mind southpaw. Malad is weak. Quarry & Ringleader are just classy as f***, two of his best! I even like Refusal. The last 3 have been wank. (Infact I don’t mind the LIHS Reissue, I think that’s cool and more inline with morrisseys earlier sleeve art). What do you think?

Anything pre 2014, Viva Hate is maybe a bit boring, but at least it’s timeless. I like the Kill Uncle artwork on the LP, might look boring to some, but I just love that sleeve and it’s a gatefold. Your Arsenal is one of my faves. Vauxhall is visually stunning, it’s just a great shot of Morrissey. I don’t mind southpaw. Malad is weak. Quarry & Ringleader are just classy as f***, two of his best! I even like Refusal. The last 3 have been wank. (Infact I don’t mind the LIHS Reissue, I think that’s cool and more inline with morrisseys earlier sleeve art). What do you think?
Obviously California son sleeve is pretty awful, I didn't mind Low in high school, but I agree the reissue sleeve is an improvement.
World Peace sleeve looks cheap and tacky.
The comeback trilogy of Quarry, Ringleader and Refusal are, like you said classy, and also very tongue in cheek.
Malajusted original and reissue sleeves are both dreadful.
For some inexplicable reason I really like the Southpaw Grammar sleeve, which is odd, 'cause it's not really aesthetically pleasing at all.
Vauxhall cover is great, didn't like Your Arsenal sleeve initially as I thought it was too campy, but its grown on me.
Not a fan of the Kill Uncle sleeve, it's just very underwhelming and says nothing.
Viva Hate one is a classic. The way the picture captures Morrissey's profile, while hiding his features in shadows and darkness. Again, the reissue version is just unimaginative in comparison.

Don't judge an album by its cover.

Back
Top Bottom