Record Of The Week - Morrissey Central (14 May, 2019)

Morrissey's 'California Son' album will be Record Of The Week on Radio 2 next week.
It is also Record of The Week at Radio Trojka (the main station in Poland), and Record Of The Month in Germany's Rolling Stone.
Morrissey appeared on The Jimmy Fallon Show this week in New York singing "Morning Starship".

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/record-of-the-week

Regards,
FWD.

Fantastic news! I think they play every song from the album over the week? Plus, the single stays on the A-list, hopefully that'll translate to good sales for him.

Yesterday I heard twice moz new song wedding bell blues on wirless 2, to be honest when I first heard it a couple of weeks ago, I thought mmmmm, but to hear it full on a wireless was totally different, outstanding it was, rich, different for our moz, and yes totally overwhelmed by this. Well done moz for the change in direction, well done the band, first class as ever. Must say though “ it’s over” remains the best cover I’ve ever heard in a long time. Viva Carlisle

Yesterday I heard twice moz new song wedding bell blues on wirless 2, to be honest when I first heard it a couple of weeks ago, I thought mmmmm, but to hear it full on a wireless was totally different, outstanding it was, rich, different for our moz, and yes totally overwhelmed by this. Well done moz for the change in direction, well done the band, first class as ever. Must say though “ it’s over” remains the best cover I’ve ever heard in a long time. Viva Carlisle
Not that you and the band needed a change in direction

I reckon the California Son wanted to make a self titled album called California Son, but just having "California" in the title was marketing genius. It's making all the foreigners and people in New Youraaawk buy it. Brilliant mate inn n nnn nnn n nnn nnn n n n nnn nnn it.

RECORD OF THE WEEK AT RADIO TROJKA!!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

ANOTHER WIN FOR MOZ!!! AND A LOSE FOR SKINNY SOCKPOPPETS!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

DAVE ISLAM AND DRAMA-J TAKE NOTE!!!

:guitar:

Haha!!!
Screenshot_20190516-115805_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20190516-115727_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20190516-115551_Twitter.jpg

Lyric video for "Lady Willpower" debuts at 1pm UK time (I think?) tomorrow - Friday 17th.

Fingers crossed that's the last track we hear before the album comes out. I hate it when you've already heard half the thing!

Yes, interestingly, Radio 2 actually opted not to make Low in High School their record of the week.
It was around the time when all the Der Spiegel stuff was kicking off, and the Morrissey 'brand' was becoming super-toxic. He's lucky to have got away with it this time ... so far.
luck had nothing to do with it,they think California son is more radio friendly and more suited to a radio 2 crowd.

Lyric video for "Lady Willpower" debuts at 1pm UK time (I think?) tomorrow - Friday 17th.

Fingers crossed that's the last track we hear before the album comes out. I hate it when you've already heard half the thing!

this is the one iv been waiting for,gary pucket had such a great voice,im sure M will do it justice.

old duffer Gerry hassan=Morrissey has committed career suicide.
hes just pulled in 1.88 million dollars for a weeks work.
think I will commit carrer suicide.

First & foremost, í wish that Morrissey hadn't made his choice to support this political party. í don't agree with their take on the world. But it is just that ~ Morrissey's choice. Toss it on the mile-high pile of wishes denied; that's life. This fresh fuss about the badge ruining an otherwise lovely bit of schmutter is slightly baffling, in that he had already made a clearly stated, categorical on-the-record statement of support for the group months ago. So, why would he not wear one of their wee badges? Did people hope he didn't mean it? Or changed his mind? í don't get the fresh clamour.

But í have just about had it with these virtue-signalling, half-wit lightweight no-marks, like Gerry Hassan, and all the rest, bleating about betrayal and Morrissey as 'the voice of the loner & sensitive outsider'.

Morrissey was, and is, the voice of Morrissey: The rest is up to you.

From "Hand in Glove" to "Brow of my Beloved", he is singing on behalf of: Steven Patrick f***ing Morrissey, not as the officially appointed General of an army of sensitive loner lovelies who only ever vote for the one (Left-leaning) political party.

Morrissey sings from a particularly unique viewpoint, one that in 1983 had not really been heard before in this country, and wrote and sang in such a way (whose true artistic complexities and subtleties have rarely been adequately analysed) that, pretty much from the get-go, inspired a level of devotion and obsession that hadn't been seen since Bowie. (Mimickry, chants and flower flinging were all in place by '84.)
Now, í'm not saying that there aren't charges to answer as to how Morrissey may have encouraged or exploited this devotion. He was intimately aware, like few other pop stars (see Bowie, again) of the intricacies of pop worship, and was undoubtedly a master at manipulating such tender webs, but the core lure was, at heart, the words that he wrote and the way that he sang them.

But, for that, he doesn't owe anybody anything.
He's not the Messiah; he's a very naughty boy!

And just what does, "He has destroyed his raison d’être" actually mean? Morrissey has destroyed his reason for existing? To then follow it with "he needs to understand that what he stands for is unacceptable"; it's all a bit too...Joe Stalin for my liking?

Morrissey's 'California Son' album will be Record Of The Week on Radio 2 next week.
It is also Record of The Week at Radio Trojka (the main station in Poland), and Record Of The Month in Germany's Rolling Stone.
Morrissey appeared on The Jimmy Fallon Show this week in New York singing "Morning Starship".

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/record-of-the-week

Regards,
FWD.

WHOAAAA!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

RECORD OF THE WEEK EVERYWHERE!!!!!!:rock:

:)handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: has record of the week in a couple of cuck:turban: blogs:lbf:)

First & foremost, í wish that Morrissey hadn't made his choice to support this political party. í don't agree with their take on the world. But it is just that ~ Morrissey's choice. Toss it on the mile-high pile of wishes denied; that's life. This fresh fuss about the badge ruining an otherwise lovely bit of schmutter is slightly baffling, in that he had already made a clearly stated, categorical on-the-record statement of support for the group months ago. So, why would he not wear one of their wee badges? Did people hope he didn't mean it? Or changed his mind? í don't get the fresh clamour.

But í have just about had it with these virtue-signalling, half-wit lightweight no-marks, like Gerry Hassan, and all the rest, bleating about betrayal and Morrissey as 'the voice of the loner & sensitive outsider'.

Morrissey was, and is, the voice of Morrissey: The rest is up to you.

From "Hand in Glove" to "Brow of my Beloved", he is singing on behalf of: Steven Patrick f***ing Morrissey, not as the officially appointed General of an army of sensitive loner lovelies who only ever vote for the one (Left-leaning) political party.

Morrissey sings from a particularly unique viewpoint, one that in 1983 had not really been heard before in this country, and wrote and sang in such a way (whose true artistic complexities and subtleties have rarely been adequately analysed) that, pretty much from the get-go, inspired a level of devotion and obsession that hadn't been seen since Bowie. (Mimickry, chants and flower flinging were all in place by '84.)
Now, í'm not saying that there aren't charges to answer as to how Morrissey may have encouraged or exploited this devotion. He was intimately aware, like few other pop stars (see Bowie, again) of the intricacies of pop worship, and was undoubtedly a master at manipulating such tender webs, but the core lure was, at heart, the words that he wrote and the way that he sang them.

But, for that, he doesn't owe anybody anything.
He's not the Messiah; he's a very naughty boy!

And just what does, "He has destroyed his raison d’être" actually mean? Morrissey has destroyed his reason for existing? To then follow it with "he needs to understand that what he stands for is unacceptable"; it's all a bit too...Joe Stalin for my liking?

Hear Hear joe frady, couldn't agree more!

It could well end up as everyone's record of this week if the ones making it in to the wild are anything to go by...

FB_IMG_1558069062318.jpg

FB_IMG_1558071061006.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Why are all the For Britain party members getting copies first?!

It’s not fair! Guess I’ll have to join this party to get all new things Morrissey first.

;)

The sky blue one is out there too.
Warners are getting earlier & earlier with sending stuff out to shops.

FB_IMG_1558114861539.jpg

FB_IMG_1558168739962.jpg

I suspect we'll hear most of it before Radio 2 ever plays it :)
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom