Reckon this could be a good song for Morrissey to cover?

dom

Thats How People Throw Up
Was listening to this recently and thought it would be a good song for Morrissey to cover. What you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmj052xtyIw

There are some of you who can't seem to access the video for some reason or other. For those people, the song is "Say Something" by James

Those unable to see the video may like to try www.jango.com .. it's one of those online track finder thingamys. I don't think you have to subscribe to find tracks, as far as i know.

Also, anyone think the song is bloody fantastic?

dom x

Last edited:
Unfortunately Morrissey seems lost interest in James.

I can't imagine his cover version of the song.

Unfortunately Morrissey seems lost interest in James.

I can't imagine his cover version of the song.

You mean Morrissey used to like James? ..

Yeah, i just suppose i thought the melody was quite similar to some Moz songs, and the general sound is similar too. But yeah, it wont happen, fa sure.

I do really love this song tho.

Morrissey did cover version of James "What's The World" Smiths live in 1985.

The live version will be on forthcoming complilation two disc version of The Sound of The Smiths.

I could imagine Morrissey doing this, and doing it well. I doubt it'll happen, mind.
I could probably imagine Moz improving almost any song, but I do think this one would rather suit him.

You mean Morrissey used to like James? ..

Yeah, i just suppose i thought the melody was quite similar to some Moz songs, and the general sound is similar too. But yeah, it wont happen, fa sure.

I do really love this song tho.

James supported The Smiths in 1985.

James supported The Smiths in 1985.

Awesome! im glad The Smiths liked James, cos i like James too, this means me and The Smiths have good taste in music, which means we were destined to be together.. if that makes sense.. which it probably doesn't.

... "now your grips too strong, you can't catch love with a net or a gun, gotta keep faith that your path will change, gotta keep faith that your your love will change, tomorrow. im just out of your range. Tomorrow, all your suffernings in vain" ...

Beautiful.

x

Last edited:
It uses the C-->Am-->F progression. It was Snow Patrol before Snow Patrol existed. Oh, I feel so dirty for even saying that.

Peter

It uses the C-->Am-->F progression. It was Snow Patrol before Snow Patrol existed. Oh, I feel so dirty for even saying that.

Peter

Nothing wrong with mentioning Snow Patrol, there are worse bands than them.

I saw them once when they supported Belle and Sebastian.

Nothing wrong with mentioning Snow Patrol, there are worse bands than them.

I saw them once when they supported Belle and Sebastian.

Snow Patrol aren't that bad .. and Belle and Sebastian are great! .. in my opinion x

It's all chacun a son gout again of course.

The problem I have with Snow Patrol is that they are too knowing. It's one thing making a song that becomes taken up as an anthem, but I think they are too knowingly setting out with the intention of trying to write anthemic songs. And, again, in my opinion, falling flat on their arse in the process. It's too obvious to me.

Flame away.

Peter

It's all chacun a son gout again of course.

The problem I have with Snow Patrol is that they are too knowing. It's one thing making a song that becomes taken up as an anthem, but I think they are too knowingly setting out with the intention of trying to write anthemic songs. And, again, in my opinion, falling flat on their arse in the process. It's too obvious to me.

Flame away.

Peter

I think you have to rememeber lyrics when it comes to a song. Its also the lyrics i really love too, along with the anthemic quality. I do admit, they probably do know they are doing so, but i think they have a certain beauty.

For him to cover? Sure. I love that song, and it already makes me think of Morrissey. Not sure why, but it does.

Yea, it really reminds me of Morrissey too, as soon as i first heard it. I think its the way the melody moves, and the 80's sound to it. A lovely lovely song too, just like Moz would write :)

Yea, it really reminds me of Morrissey too, as soon as i first heard it. I think its the way the melody moves, and the 80's sound to it. A lovely lovely song too, just like Moz would write :)

Any possibility of sharing the name of the track for those of us who can't see the video?

Back
Top Bottom