Recieved swords this morning

The live cd is brilliant especially you just haven't earned it yet baby. The whole package is very nice and the front cover looks a lot more appealing in the flesh. Some nice photos inside and all the lyrics are in the booklet for anyone interested plus an interview with moz from the Irish hot press magazine

Awesome. Is there any chance you could take some photos/scans of the sleeve?

Hello sailor!

Got my double vinyl yesterday.
Scanner's gone bandy, so a quick description will have to suffice for now ~
Cover and reverse look better than I'd feared, 12 inch size. Reverse is a full size alternate shot from the 'woods' session where he's now standing upright, with both wristwatches fully revealed! Nice packaging, not knockout though. Had high hopes for the gatefold image, given the last one was his arse an' all. This time what we get is a travis shinn shot of an empty photo studio with a movie light and a 'Refusal' drumkit. :confused:
Two glossy inners and a lyric sheet are also included. The first inner features a previously unseen Shinn shot of a glowing Moz in another, more verdant, sunlit dream woodland, wearing a fetching black V-neck sweater. Looking a different man to the rather ravaged cover star!
Second inner features Morrissey in his full sailor suit (not Photoshopped) with the band in their denim delinquent gear stood in the aforementioned photo studio.
Lyric sheet reverse contains 'HP' interview excerpt and various thanks (Julia and Janice Long amongst them)
And it's definite that Anthony Lui/No Allegiances seems to have been dumped. Artwork credit is Glen Nakasako for SMOG design, inc., Silver Lake, California. :(
No vinyl run-out messages.

I like the sleeve alot:D very happy as its so different, very real not arty.

I really like Swords, and agree that the live tracks are excellent. 'You Just Haven't Earned it Yet Baby' 'Life Is A Pigsty' and 'I'm OK By Myself' are highlights for me. I've also discovered many songs I hadn't heard before (I don't usually buy singles), including the brilliant 'Friday Mourning' and 'If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom