Rebels Without Applause released as a single track - initially on some region's YT, now to buy & stream (November 24, 2022)

UPDATE (Nov. 25):

This Charming Bowie posted the story from official_morrissey_central / Instagram:

Morrissey's Rebels Without Applause is available today worldwide (including Britain) on Spotify,
courtesy of Capitol Records. The track is produced by Andrew Watt. This is Morrissey's first 'single' release since 'It's Over', taken from the 'California Son' album in November 2019. 'It's Over' peaked at number 1 in the UK vinyl chart.

Also now on Morrissey Central. Link posted by Famous when dead.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's Morrissey making those messages on Morrissey Central, and not Sam Esty Rayner?
Unless you're sitting at the keyboard while they post none of us know. I have a hard time picturing Morrissey at his lap top.

Or a lap time at his hard top ;)

Last edited:
The worst productîon ever. Worse than Low in High school which is unbelievable. Bring us Street, Lillywhite or Visconti. I understand now why it took ages to get a record deal. Good luck Capitol (unless you signed only 1 LP) .If not ,Please delay the release and give the tapes to someone who can produce.
Is Troy Tate available?

Production is obviously a noticeable flaw, but that may be what Moz was going for. What a song, it's been on repeat for most of the night!

I probably lean more towards how Alain Whyte plays the riff live than Josh's efforts, but even at that, I'm really taken aback at the standard of this number. Looking forward to more!

The worst productîon ever. Worse than Low in High school which is unbelievable. Bring us Street, Lillywhite or Visconti. I understand now why it took ages to get a record deal. Good luck Capitol (unless you signed only 1 LP) .If not ,Please delay the release and give the tapes to someone who can produce.
Production in Low in high school is fantastic.

Your Arsenal is pretty perfect, and we get Alain on it. I don't think Alain and Stephen Street ever worked together with Moz, I wish they would.:fire:
Alain sounded so good singing Veronica live, his voice really compliments Morrissey's.

Pleasant melody as heard from the live shows, guitar work too is nice.
Production sound a bit off though and not sure if it’s my stream but Moz’s voice sounds quite strange? Auto tuned? Could be just on my end though.
Sleeve is horrific however, from whatever angle you’re sitting at.
Came here to see if anyone else was thinking Autotune... definitely sounds manipulated somehow.
Also agree re the cover. Just fugly.

Has it occured to some people on this thread that if you don't like the recording, you can opt not too listen, and stick to the live?

Bottom line for me is that the song is so strong in any regard, that it would sound great done acoustically, heavy metal, roots country, a club-dance remix or even as a Broadway showtune, I think this is going to be a stellar album for the ages. Poor Johnny, started celebrating a bit too early by bathing in his self-congratulating media spot light.

Has it occured to some people on this thread that if you don't like the recording, you can opt not too listen, and stick to the live?
Of course, but is your position one of intolerance? People shouldn't be free to express their thoughts pro and con on the matter? I guess the flipside would be, if you like the song... don't read threads like this where some love it and some don't.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom