Morrissey Central "Rebels Without Applause" (November 25, 2022)

FRIDAY, 25 NOVEMBER, 2022 :
First 'single' release in exactly three years.

Morrissey's Rebels Without Applause is available today worldwide (including Britain) on Spotify, courtesy of Capitol Records. The track is produced by Andrew Watt.
This is Morrissey's first 'single' release since 'It's Over', taken from the 'California Son' album in November 2019. 'It's Over' peaked at number 1 in the UK vinyl chart.

Morrissey's next live appearance is on Monday, 28 November at The Anthem in Washington DC.

Just to help Central:
It's Over was released as an instant grat & pre-order bonus - February 25/26, 2019 (followed by Morning Starship - both getting airplay).
It's Over was then nightmarishly released as a physical 7" - (initially December 20, 2019) January 24, 2020.
The first actual "single" from California Son was Wedding Bell Blues 7" - May 10, 2019.
Regards,
FWD.

Media item:
Related items:

After being in love with the live version of this song, I'm afraid to say the studio version seems a bit flat. Could have used a bit more warmth and fleshing out, but it's still a quality song.

Such a pity that this song is Boz's finest hour in God knows how many years, and he doesn't even play on the track.

I love this song; it's exactly what songs in recent years haven't been..it's jaunty and jangly. On first listen not sure I like the vocal processing; you've got one of the most individualistic singers in music and you hide it with layers of autotune, it sounds like. I prefer the more natural sound of the live version.
If you like m in autotune
You obviously don't really like M. Not in any deep sense

FRIDAY, 25 NOVEMBER, 2022 :
First 'single' release in exactly three years.

Morrissey's Rebels Without Applause is available today worldwide (including Britain) on Spotify, courtesy of Capitol Records. The track is produced by Andrew Watt.
This is Morrissey's first 'single' release since 'It's Over', taken from the 'California Son' album in November 2019. 'It's Over' peaked at number 1 in the UK vinyl chart.

Morrissey's next live appearance is on Monday, 28 November at The Anthem in Washington DC.

Just to help Central:
It's Over was released as an instant grat & pre-order bonus - February 25/26, 2019 (followed by Morning Starship - both getting airplay).
It's Over was then nightmarishly released as a physical 7" - January 24, 2020.
The first actual "single" from California Son was Wedding Bell Blues 7" - May 10, 2019.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
So Alain tried to rewrite Cemetery Gates, yawn ...

After being in love with the live version of this song, I'm afraid to say the studio version seems a bit flat. Could have used a bit more warmth and fleshing out, but it's still a quality song.

Such a pity that this song is Boz's finest hour in God knows how many years, and he doesn't even play on the track.
Do we know that this is a Boz song? First I'd heard...

Do we know that this is a Boz song? First I'd heard...
Listed ages ago on BMI as a Boz et al track and confirmed via writer's credits today (see other thread for info).
FWD.

Sounds atrocious. In fact, it doesn't even sound complete. It feels like something anyone could knock together in a few hours.

A producer should enhance not diminish an artist's talent. I don't know wtf happened here, but it's appalling.

I'm happy something has been released, but if the rest of it sounds like this the reviews are going to be abysmal and for good reason.

I have been endlessly excited for this album, but this is real bad. It makes me quite sad, tbh. There was no reason to make him sound like that.

Could this be the genesis of Morrissey losing it and cancelling 4 shows in addition to the Greek Theater debacle?

Could this be the genesis of Morrissey losing it and cancelling 4 shows in addition to the Greek Theater debacle?

I have been wondering whether he took time off to ensure this release was sorted for today. It wouldn't go down well as an excuse, so maybe they declared illness instead. that might be cynical but it's difficult to overlook the timing of it all.

Either that or the release was not what he wanted and he's not very happy at all. I mean, I wouldn't be happy putting out a subpar track either. The producer should be fired.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom