Reality

Is this what will become of the Pigsty? Started with such promise, but turning into a sub-forum for Dave's pointless threads.

Whatever. I have some Guitar Hero to play......:guitar:

Is this what will become of the Pigsty? Started with such promise, but turning into a sub-forum for Dave's pointless threads.

Whatever. I have some Guitar Hero to play......:guitar:

Yeah, well it does kind of open the doors for whatever comes to mind.

Could be the Pigsty version of "what are you doing right now" or "what should you be doing right now."

Could be the Pigsty version of "what are you doing right now" or "what should you be doing right now."

I bet I could kick all your asses at Guitar Hero. I'm a f***ing rock star, baby. Except not in reality. :(

I'm sorry if this thread failed to add meaning to your pointless existence, Theo.

whjo1e.jpg

I'm sorry if this thread failed to add meaning to your pointless existence, Theo.

You should thank me. I swooped in and rescued your thread from scrolling away with zero replies. Well, until Buzzeta would've bumped it 6 weeks from now with a gratuitous Robby insult.

You should thank me. I swooped in and rescued your thread from scrolling away with zero replies. Well, until Buzzeta would've bumped it 6 weeks from now with a gratuitous Robby insult.

2h4vlv7.gif
2h4vlv7.gif
2h4vlv7.gif
2h4vlv7.gif

214442g.gif
214442g.gif
214442g.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvnwOjDjnH4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvnwOjDjnH4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

InstaPundit:
IS THE STIMULUS BILL the Obama Administration’s Patriot Act? Yes, except that the Patriot Act passed with overwhelming support from both parties.

Volokh Conspiracy:
Is the "Stimulus Bill" the Patriot Act of the Obama Administration?:
It's October 2001, and a new President has declared a crisis that demands immediate action. The old policies of the past have failed, he announces, and it is time for far-reaching action that will expand the government's power to combat the serious threats against the Nation. Time is of the essence, he declares: We must act now.

The opposing party tries to stop the President's plan. They complain that the President and his minions in Congress are acting too fast and going too far. Sure, some kind of change is needed. But the President and his allies are going too far, they complain, passing a "wish list" to capitalize on the public's fear of the crisis continuing.

Even worse, no one seems to know exactly what is in the massive bill. Senators and Representatives in the minority party complain that they never even had time read it! The bill is hundreds of pages long, and it was impossible for anyone to read all that legislation in time for the vote.

The President is dismissive about their complaints, however. The opponents are stuck in the old discredited way of thinking: Change is needed, and quickly. The bill quickly passes, and it becomes known as the USA Patriot Act.

Now fast forward. It's February 2009, and a new President has declared a crisis that demands immediate action. The old policies of the past have failed, he announces, and it is time for far-reaching action that will expand the government's power to combat the serious threats against the Nation. Time is of the essence, he declares: We must act now.

The opposing party tries to stop the President's plan. They complain that the President and his minions in Congress are acting too fast and going too far. Sure, some kind of change is needed. But the President and his allies are going too far, they complain, passing a "wish list" to capitalize on the public's fear of the crisis continuing.

Even worse, no one seems to know exactly what is in the massive bill. Senators and Representatives in the minority party complain that they never even had time to read it! The bill is hundreds of pages long, and it was impossible for anyone to read all that legislation in time for the vote.

The President is dismissive about their complaints, however. The opponents are stuck in the old discredited way of thinking: Change is needed, and quickly. The bill quickly passes, and it becomes known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act — aka the "stimulus bill."

The problem with these bailout plans and stimulus plans are that there is not enough accountability. You would think that money being used in this way would be to keep companies afloat in a hard time. In fact, many of these companies have failed and are sucking up government money which will go to private parties. They are circumventing bankruptcy in order to pay their debts with free government cash, but they will fail anyway.

All that's happening is that tax payers are paying off bad investments and investment insurance scams.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvnwOjDjnH4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvnwOjDjnH4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

You'd have to read about 640 words per minute in order to read the entire bill in the allotted amount of time.

Five weeks, six days to go.

Tags
guitar hero has-been leminated life is never kind star wars what?!
Back
Top Bottom