Reader Meets Author – An interview with Matt Jacobson (Author: Pieces of Morrissey)

A long interview via Explore Liverpool.

READER MEETS AUTHOR – AN INTERVIEW WITH MATT JACOBSON - Explore Liverpool

40838_40829_cover.jpg

Excerpt:
"I think your right. There was lots of talk of Smiths/Morrissey fans and the stereotype; of fans being student wallflowers who wouldn’t say boo to a goose, but I found them to be the opposite, if you went to the early solo concerts, it was pure rock and roll, seats up ripped, stage invasions, and I’ve been part of all that. I’ve thrown the seat and invaded that stage. And yes, for me, it was a huge political statement being a Smiths fan. It was a defining moment – here’s our reaction to what was going on, sod the lot of yez, this is us! As a Smiths fan from the working class North and especially coming from cities like Liverpool, or Manchester, there was a real determination to not let them bring everything we stood for down around us, It was a gang mentality. Morrissey spoke for us."

Regards,
FWD.

(Link credit: RF).

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacobsen simply cannot think for himself or form hi own opinion. Whatever Morrissey says, he nods his head, and that's his opinion. He's a cringeworthy Buffon.

Go away, Matthew.

Jacobsen simply cannot think for himself or form hi own opinion. Whatever Morrissey says, he nods his head, and that's his opinion. He's a cringeworthy Buffon.

Go away, Matthew.

spelt his name wrong - again. Its on the cover #obsessed

spelt his name wrong - again. Its on the cover #obsessed

JacobsEn. Run along you red faced puppet. A man of your years who cannot even for his own opinion.
Ps
Keep up the posing like Morrissey. It keeps us in fits of laughter.

Excerpt:
"I think your right."

Stopped reading here, don't have time for something idiotic

The last time I went to The Star and Garter I was approached by this guy the next morning at Manchester Train Station. It was the author of this book and he noticed me and my partner were wearing Morrissey t-shirts and handed us a copy of his book. Just thought it was a really nice thing to do.

Read book now. It's not bad. Full of stories from the Mozarmy regarding gathering memorabilia. An easy and sometimes interesting read

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom