reader meet author

If you could meet any literature author (alive or rotten dead) who would you?

I choose James Joyce

I'd choose Peter Verhelst (a Belgian author who's still alive).
Also: Oscar Wilde (I mean, could you resist THIS?), Charles Baudelaire, and Hemingway! (ooh, imagine the long talks we'd have in the afternoon with tea, and then when night creeps in, we could get down to the real stuff!)
But imagine, what to say to them...You just cannot ask for an explanation for this or that in their works...The weather then?

H G Wells or /and Aldous Huxley as they were real visionaries and way ahead of their time.

Also wouldn't mind a cup of tea and a chat with George Orwell.

I would like to meet Ken Kesey, Hunter S Thompson and Brett Easton Ellis.

Oh, and George Orwell.

And Stephen Fry if there was time.

Bob Geldof too, that goes without saying. (He wrote two books :))

I'm not sure I'd like to meet Baudelaire, I think he's simply wonderful but I wouldn't know what to say...I'd feel like a complete lemon.

Dupree said:
I'm not sure I'd like to meet Baudelaire, I think he's simply wonderful but I wouldn't know what to say...I'd feel like a complete lemon.

imagine, a night out with Baudelaire on the streets of Paris! :eek:

How about Enid Blyton? Can you imagine meeting her and all she says is 'f*ck' this and ''f*ck' that would be bit of a culture shock.

I'll go living with the comic genius of David Sedaris.

culture-Dave%20Sedaris_0.jpg

zom

I love David Sedaris. I do, however, have the naggling feeling that's he's not quite as funny as he should be. I've read all his stuff and when he makes me laugh, I really laugh hard, but I find I don't laugh often enough.

I still think the funniest thing he's ever written were the mock reviews of the children's Christmas plays. I read that in public and was literally crying with laughter. Awfully embarrassing.

dazzak said:
I love David Sedaris. I do, however, have the naggling feeling that's he's not quite as funny as he should be. I've read all his stuff and when he makes me laugh, I really laugh hard, but I find I don't laugh often enough.

I still think the funniest thing he's ever written were the mock reviews of the children's Christmas plays. I read that in public and was literally crying with laughter. Awfully embarrassing.

For me I appreciate the way he can pinpoint experiences that I have had and lay them hilariously on paper. I have come to appreciate the way he approaches story and essay writing. I think both on the comic and social observer end he has it nailed.

zom

Back
Top Bottom