Rate Your Moz/Smiths Song Part 7: ALSATIAN COUSIN

How do you rate Alsatian Cousin?

• Total voters

Houdini

While we wait for the new album to arrive, let us go about rating the songs we know, on a daily basis, and compile our own Morrissey/Smiths Top 100. And instead of chronologically, let's do them alphabetically.
Song for Today: Alsatian Cousin.

Voting should be something along these lines:
10: Classic
9: Near classic, f***ing brilliant anyway
8: Really good Moz/Smiths song
7: Good Moz/Smiths song
6: Decent, OK, Nothing special
5: Moz/Smiths by numbers
4: Poor
3: Bad
2: Should never have been released
1: He/They should be ashamed

The top-6 so far (voting will remain open):
1) A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours, average rating so far: 8,82
2) A Swallow On My Neck, average rating: 7,93
3) Alma Matters, average rating: 7,85
4) A Song From Under The Floorboards, average rating: 7,32
5) Accept Yourself, average rating: 7,19
6) All The Lazy Dykes. average rating: 6,20

My All-Time Favourite Moz Song.

The opening guitar riff catches the attention and through out the song it doesn't disappoint you. :)

10. It caught my attention right from the start and never let go. Powerful, perfect opening track.

Very good, a favorite...but not THE favorite

DXS

A good solid 8. Great tune!​

Third best (non-single) song from Viva Hate...I can't give it a 10 or 9 because it's just not as good as Maudlin Street or Angel, Angel Down We Go Together

Probably the best guitar line in any Morrissey song ever. Great lyrics well sung to. 10, no question, one of my favourites.

another brilliant opener- this song has a viciousness and raw sexuality that rarely rears its head in Morrissey's catalogue.

# 9
f***ing great song, that beat is intense. Very dark and atmospheric, aggressive, too. Love it. ..Though, as an aside, I think it's VERY reminiscent of The Smiths as some of Moz's early solo material was, admittedly, the change from Smiths to Solo is subtle, but I'd say he came in to his own on Your Arsenal with a more Rock 'n Roll sound.

This song is pretty good, but has never really done much for me. I like the lyrics, but the melody and the music aren't very impressive. One of my least favorite tracks from Viva Hate. 7.

Back
Top Bottom