Rate Your Moz/Smiths Song Part 3: A Swallow On My Neck

Rate A Swallow On My Neck

• Total voters

Houdini

While we wait for the new album to arrive (hopefully next year) let us go about rating the songs we know, on a daily basis. And instead of chronologically, let's do them alphabetically. Song for Today: A Swallow On My Neck.

Voting should be something like:
10: Classic
9: Near classic, f***ing brilliant anyway
8: Really good Moz/Smiths song
7: Good Moz/Smiths song
6: Decent, OK, Nothing special
5: Moz/Smiths by numbers
4: Poor
3: Bad
2: Should never have been released
1: He/They should be ashamed

The top-2 so far:
1) A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours, average rating : 8,79
2) A Song From Under The Floorboards, average rating: 7,04

Johan de Witt and I already had this idea and are planning on starting a survey where you e-mail your responses for all the songs at once (or as many as you feel like rating) to a special account we set up. I've not had the time to devote to the survey yet so we've been delaying it for quite some time. I guess we still plan on doing it, I just have a lot of very bad things going on at the moment :o, and I don't want to stop you from doing this one but if you'd like to join our project we could also use a few more volunteers. :)

6/10. Voted on the Mozscale. Okay for Moz, but still infinitely better than anything I'd rate as 6/10 for any other band.

Not sure how I'd rate someone like Mariah Carey on the McFly scale. In such an instance, both the numerator and the denominator would be 0. Perhaps someone could crunch the numbers for me. Kumo?

It's a Seven but it fits so nice in it's contence, the "Sunny" single and the entire era, so I'm acctually giving it a plain Eight.

if someone can make a thread and put all the links in there i will make it sticky

I'm thinking a 7.

Bump!

Sorry I want to get rid of some stupid stuff troll posted.

Good song, but for some reason it took me a while to appreciate it.

One of my absolute favorites.

DXS

ive always felt this to be one of the greatest and most overlooked gems of Morrissey's career. wonderful tune, beautiful lyrics- the kind of romance that no one else is capable of (im not even sure if Morrissey himself is still capable).

I love this song, especially the double-connotation of "a swallow on the neck" - ie. a tattoo, or a hickey. One of my favorite mid-90's Moz tracks. But it should be alphabetized with 'S', not 'A'.

one of my all time faves
it would have to be,seeing how i went and got two swallows tattooed on my own neck...

*10*

Back
Top Bottom