Rare tape from Viva Hate sessions on Omega auctions

https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/catalog/51/lot/10851?url=/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/51?page=8

full

full

Description:

MORRISSEY/VINI REILLY DEMO CASSETTE. A TDK D60 cassette tape with handwritten labels (in the hand of Vini Reilly) containing eight tracks, recorded during sessions for Morrissey's 'Viva Hate' album at Wool Hall Studios, 1987. Features rough versions of tracks, some studio conversation. Approx 17 mins worth of material. This item is sold as an artefact only, without copyright. Any reproduction is strictly prohibited.

Theres also a few other Morrissey /Smiths bits and bobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The tracks are not rare, but that’s beside the point. The cassette is. And is worth plenty of pennies!

how could you confirm that this isn't just a dub of the origional? seems like it would be tricky.

I believe it was commonly thought at the time (2005) that a guest here called 'Dreamer' who shared/leaked these tracks was Vini (especially as he shared these exact tracks and in the order as per the tape).
Regards,
FWD.

Couldn't that be considered Morrissey's property?
It would remain the property of whoever made the recording, but sharing the contents is indeed illegal without permission which makes it pointless especially as all the contents are out there.

The only demo recording from Viva Hate that I would be interested in is "I Don't Want Us To Finish", which, as far as I know, has not surfaced yet.

going for a song

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom