Rare (previously unseen?) early publicity photos of Morrissey / Smiths by Lisa Haun

Re: Rare (previously unseen) early publicity photo of Morrissey

A few more I had not seen til recently...

v8mogp.jpg

20zaade.jpg

2potklt.jpg

Last edited:

I have been collecting press/promo photos recently and stumbled upon this one a few months ago.
Don't remember seeing it before, perhaps some of you haven't either.
Credit on the rear reads Archive/Getty Images, the photographer is not named.

iohelz.jpg

I've never seen that one. Really love the shadow behind him.

A few more I had not seen til recently...

v8mogp.jpg

20zaade.jpg

2potklt.jpg

I, too, recently came across the top one, somewhere. The second one appeared in (I think) a men's magazine back in the 90s. Can't remember which, I'd have to look through my collection. And, I've never seen that last one. All great photos. Thanks for sharing.

I've never seen that one. Really love the shadow behind him.

I, too, recently came across the top one, somewhere. The second one appeared in (I think) a men's magazine back in the 90s. Can't remember which, I'd have to look through my collection. And, I've never seen that last one. All great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Cover shoot for the excellent 'Details' magazine (as was), April 1994. Shot Chez Moz by the incomparable Anton Corbijn, in Primrose Hill, January 16th 1994.

The best of that day ~
english-singer-morrissey-is-photographed-for-details-magazine-on-1994-picture-id185179710

The last street shot is by Kevin Cummins, in Dublin April of 1991.

I have been collecting press/promo photos recently and stumbled upon this one a few months ago.

Don't remember seeing it before, perhaps some of you haven't either.

Credit on the rear reads Archive/Getty Images, the photographer is not named.

An anonymous person posted:

Photographer is Lisa Haun

iohelz.jpg

thesmiths1.jpg

morrissey_lisa_haun.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz looked best around time of Vauxhall. He is one cool guy in the video for 'The More You Ignore Me' and the record signing in HMV for Vauxhall.

First time I ever saw that image was on this video, at 0:47:

Can anybody understand what Ian is saying? From what i can make out it sounds like somewhat of an interesting story. Heard a duck quack sound somewhere in there.

First time I ever saw that image was on this video, at 0:47:

First time I ever saw that image was on this video, at 0:47

Sorry, there was supposed to be a ? after 'previously unseen' in the thread title, my mistake.

Moz looked best around time of Vauxhall. He is one cool guy in the video for 'The More You Ignore Me' and the record signing in HMV for Vauxhall.

nah, he looked the best around the smiths era imo.

I disagree with you both, he looked best around the time of World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the best album he ever released too. Hands down.

Can anybody understand what Ian is saying? From what i can make out it sounds like somewhat of an interesting story. Heard a duck quack sound somewhere in there.
Well, he called Mozza a chump, says he ordered the biggest (and probably most offensive piece of meat to Morrissey) on the menu, namely duck and says he hoped the beak would still be on it. He also says he was very drunk, (bladdered is a scouse phrase for that) but he's clearly not a fan. He looks pissed as f*** as well. Oh dear Mr McCulloch.

Sorry, there was supposed to be a ? after 'previously unseen' in the thread title, my mistake.

I disagree with you both, he looked best around the time of World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the best album he ever released too. Hands down.

lmao oh you're right the WPINOYB was flawless and every single was a hit and i think moz will go down in history because of that album, let's be real :lbf:

If this were to be rephrased to "dressed best" than I think you would have no argument. During The Smiths he wore women's blouses and now he wears sailor suits and baggy jeans on stage. In that video you reference, he was the most stylish he has ever been on tape. No doubt he had matured into manhood and was confident in his looks. It is a shame it was at this very moment that he left the spotlight (for whatever reason - discussed many times) when he could have won over America with his style and charm. This Charming Man could have.

This might be helpful.

When Morrissey looked best (in my humble opinion)

f1z6a8.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom