Rare moz songs

R

robhenson16

hello. im trying to find some rare moz songs. is there anyone out there with any ideas of where to find them, maybe a Soulseek member? the songs im looking for are:

Slum Mum,
The Public Image
Home Is A Question Mark
November the 2nd

also some which im not to sure even exist:
Kitt
Me Satisfied
Take Us The Way We Are
Stay As You Are
Fantastic Bird
My Name Is Mortimer
I know very well how i got my note wrong
Harry Rag

and some smiths songs:
I want aboy for my birthday
THE SHA LA LA SONG
Summer Nights
His Latest Flame

any help would be much appreciated, cheers, rob

i have a couple of those tracks (Boz sings on Kit) on soulseek

> hello. im trying to find some rare moz songs. is there anyone out there
> with any ideas of where to find them, maybe a Soulseek member? the songs
> im looking for are:

> Slum Mum,
> The Public Image
> Home Is A Question Mark
> November the 2nd

> also some which im not to sure even exist:
> Kitt
> Me Satisfied
> Take Us The Way We Are
> Stay As You Are
> Fantastic Bird
> My Name Is Mortimer
> I know very well how i got my note wrong
> Harry Rag

> and some smiths songs:
> I want aboy for my birthday
> THE SHA LA LA SONG
> Summer Nights
> His Latest Flame

> any help would be much appreciated, cheers, rob

The Slum Mums is an upcoming b-side on the Platinum Quarry. The Public Image and Home Is A Question Mark are the two remaining unreleased songs from the Quarry sessions.

November the 2nd I have yet to hear but was labelled on a limited release.

Kitt exists and Boz has played it. It's a lovely song. The Video and Mp3 are available.

As for the rest of the Moz songs...all apochryphal apart from I Know Very Well How I got My Note Wrong which is well documented - Harry Rag was only ever played as a soundcheck.

I Want A Boy For My Birthday is available as a 30 second poor quality clip from an early Moz/Marr jam. They played it at the Hacienda. The others...are unaccounted for apart from His Latest Flame which appeared on Rank. See Simon Goddard's splendid book for details.

Best Wishes,

Sk.

hate to poop on your party but most of these are only in the hands of a very few who do not share or have never been confirmed to exist. hope this helps...

*Slum Mum - wait for the platinum edition of YATQ later this year.
*The Public Image - maybe on the 4th single or maybe this is "i am two people".
*Home Is A Question Mark - maybe on the 4th single.
*November the 2nd - this is a remix of NSAM which has not leaked to the masses.

*Kitt - only a live version of Boz performing this has been made available. it is said the Moz version never made it past the demo stage.
*Me Satisfied - don't think this has ever been confirmed to exist.
*Take Us The Way We Are - same with this one
*Stay As You Are - ditto
*Fantastic Bird - said to be an alain instrumental but again not confirmed to exist. maybe the music for this was use for something else later on.
*My Name Is Mortimer - again, not confirmed...unless someone has confirmed these to you.
*I know very well how i got my note wrong - alternate version of "..got my name". this one should be available on soul seek
*Harry Rag - kinks cover that was only soundchecked during the YA tour but never actually played in front of an audience.

*I want aboy for my birthday - cookies cover. the book "songs that save your life" states this only exists as a home recording and only a certain few have this.
*THE SHA LA LA SONG - Marianne Faithful cover never confirmed to exist. i think we would have heard if it did on "songs that saved you life" so most likely never recorded.
*Summer Nights - another MF song which probably doesn't exist.
*His Latest Flame - Elvis cover. smiths only played the beginnig of the song live before going into rusholme ruffians (ala current subway-train-into-everyday-is-like-sunday). this is available on the live album Rank.

YER, ive got you on my mates list for soulseek but i can never view your files, it normally says error retriving list. ill try again though. if anyones interested i got quite a few on soulseek. my names robhenson or robhenson16, cant remember. check em out.

thanks for your help everyone! shame theyre all so rare or non existant

Back
Top Bottom