Rapper Jake Hill cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abrahan, Oct 29, 2019.

By Abrahan on Oct 29, 2019 at 4:13 PM
  1. Abrahan

Abrahan ...with an N. Moderator Subscriber

Home Page:
    http://worldofabrahan.com
    A rapper has cancelled a gig because he is refusing to "bow down" to a meat ban imposed at a venue by Morrissey.

Rapper cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue - London Evening Standard
    A rapper has cancelled a gig because he is refusing to "bow down" to a meat ban imposed at a venue by Morrissey.

Excerpt:

Jake Hill, from South Alabama, was set to perform a tour date in Houston at the White Oak Music Hall on October 28.

Morrissey, former frontman of The Smiths, was also playing the venue in a different area. It is said to be stipulated in his contracts that meat should not be served where he is playing.

Mr Hill, who has more than one million listeners per month on Spotify, posted a video on Twitter explaining why he had cancelled the gig.

He said: "If anybody was coming to the show tonight, I'm sorry to tell you it's been cancelled.

"Soon as we get here we find out that there's a bigger artist playing on the lawn, who is a vegetarian. Which is fine. But he has made a specific contract rule that you can't have any meat in the venue."

He said he had ordered food, with Chick-fil-A appearing in the background, and then was told he would have to "eat it outside like a dog".

"This is the twentieth show we've done, we're tired, we wanna relax and eat our food. But apparently god is here but he;s making it to where we can't eat meat," he said.
    "I hate to do this but I'm not about to bow down to this guy, show's been cancelled, I'm sorry."

He ended with an expletive outburst at Morrissey and said: "F*** you Morrissey, b****."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abrahan, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Murdering living creatures and eating flesh is objectively worse than homophobia.
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Jake looks like he was one chromosome from disaster. So don’t be DOWN on him. :oops:
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      First of all you ignorant fuck,"that rapper" youre speaking of, mother's dead, second of all he expresses his freedom of speech and how he shouldnt have to listen to some guy who thinks he can just tell people what to do.
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Listen to his music then you can voice your opinion racist cunt
    5. GodEmperorMorrissey
      GodEmperorMorrissey
      Murdering babies and promoting trans children is certainly worse than the made up term homophobia
      • Troll Troll x 1
    6. GodEmperorMorrissey
      GodEmperorMorrissey
      You're my #1 with a lemonade
      • Troll Troll x 1
    7. Morrissey's left nut
      Morrissey's left nut
      E.A.D.
      (cruelty free)
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      There's no such thing as "cruelty free" murder. If you are willing to eat your fellow beings, Morrissey and The Smiths aren't for you. Begone, carnivorous monster.