Rapid Ignore

BrummieBoy

Hello DavidT

Now that Morrissey has risen from the dead with 'Istanbul', we are in a new era and it's quite possible that he will gain his largest ever Audience. We have just put most people on the thread entitled "Miley Cyrus sings There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" on what we like to call "Eternal Ignore" if Miranda doesn't mind! It would be helpful if there was a button by the comment to allow either "ignore further responses from this user in this thread" or "Eternal Ignore". If we decide to remove some online entity from our vision we would like the death blow to be instantaneous, instead of having to go to their profile and click a further two buttons. If we want to put someone on Eternal Ignore we have no wish or need to look at their profile!

We're interested in knowing if there's a vBulletin facility to allow high-speed Ignore, 'on the fly'?

Other than the Moderator who helpfully brought this footage to our attention by starting the thread and a single other user, we banished everyone else either for being rude towards Ms Cyrus or for straying off-topic. There is no appeal against our sentence of Eternal Ignore. Anyone who gratuitously re-posts anonymous or other user user comments which contain tiresome attempts by these banished entities to communicate with us will also face summary eternal banishment from our presence.

best
BrummieBoy

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...at-Never-Goes-Out?p=1986837118#post1986837118

Hello DavidT

Now that Morrissey has risen from the dead with 'Istanbul', we are in a new era and it's quite possible that he will gain his largest ever Audience. We have just put most people on the thread entitled "Miley Cyrus sings There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" on what we like to call "Eternal Ignore" if Miranda doesn't mind! It would be helpful if there was a button by the comment to allow either "ignore further responses from this user in this thread" or "Eternal Ignore". If we decide to remove some online entity from our vision we would like the death blow to be instantaneous, instead of having to go to their profile and click a further two buttons. If we want to put someone on Eternal Ignore we have no wish or need to look at their profile!

We're interested in knowing if there's a vBulletin facility to allow high-speed Ignore, 'on the fly'?

Other than the Moderator who helpfully brought this footage to our attention by starting the thread and a single other user, we banished everyone else either for being rude towards Ms Cyrus or for straying off-topic. There is no appeal against our sentence of Eternal Ignore. Anyone who gratuitously re-posts anonymous or other user user comments which contain tiresome attempts by these banished entities to communicate with us will also face summary eternal banishment from our presence.

best
BrummieBoy

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...at-Never-Goes-Out?p=1986837118#post1986837118

A little deterrent for the impulse control deprived is not a bad thing. Makes folks have to take steps to put someone on ignore. Makes you think about it a bit. You can put all 'anonymous users' on ignore then read which messages you choose. And how hard is it to put the individual users on ignore? It takes less than a few minutes.

I think the system is fine the way it is.

Hello DavidT

best
BrummieBoy

Oh Christ Brummie! Don't be hasty here.
I have just put up a disparaging post about Mileys rendition of Theres a Light.
I meant no disrespect to the young gel and bid her a good humour.

A little deterrent for the impulse control deprived is not a bad thing. Makes folks have to take steps to put someone on ignore. Makes you think about it a bit. You can put all 'anonymous users' on ignore then read which messages you choose. And how hard is it to put the individual users on ignore? It takes less than a few minutes.

I think the system is fine the way it is.

We don't think the system is fine as it is. In fact, on further reflection, we would also request a Global Ignore feature for all users who can then be interviewed for suitability whilst browsing the site as a guest and unblocked to initiate a communication process.

Some of us are entirely in control of our impulses which is what makes us appear so unhinged to those who do not discern that it's Method Acting. All 'anonymous' users are on Eternal Ignore for us and we will do the data-input to ensure 95% of the eejits here join them. We have better things to do than anguish over whether or not gratuitously rude, boring or unfunny posters should be consigned to the dustbin. It isn't hard, but as you state, it takes minutes when we'd rather raise the sword and do the job there and then.

Efficiency is very important to us as we prepare the launch of one of our Massive's son's website. He's in Bristol, home to Banksy, but it probably won't need a forum for a while. Banksy doesn't do forums, does he? Yet he's quite well known, even if nobody knows who he is. We certainly have no idea.

best
"BrummieBoy"

Last edited:
We'd also 'Like!' an option to hide 'Recent Article Comments' box on The Front Page but realise that's unlikely. However in considering the annoyance of once again encountering the inane prattle of those banned to Eternal Ignore, we did an ad-hoc hack as follows:

Open the site main page and immediately minimise the font size to the smallest size that keeps the article headlines readable. That way you can choose articles which please you and click on them whilst not even noticing the trolls to the right of the screen. Once you are beyond The Front Page then those that have displeased us are invisible and their final attempts at attention seeking behaviour are thus thwared. An elegant, efficient and deeply amusing solution.

Even better, open The Front Page in a separate browser which is set up to minimise the trolls gasping and pleading to be fed, whilst going straight to the interesting content in another browser where full text size is default.

best
BrummieBoy

Dear BrummieBoy,

These are all terrific ideas. Please let us know how they work out on your new forum(s).

MR

Dear BrummieBoy,

These are all terrific ideas. Please let us know how they work out on your new forum(s).

MR

"MozRecording" is now on Eternal Ignore. Any need to make contact as 'moderator' should be done via PM. Yes....."we'll let you know..."

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Christ Brummie! Don't be hasty here.
I have just put up a disparaging post about Mileys rendition of Theres a Light.
I meant no disrespect to the young gel and bid her a good humour.

OK. Because it's you, it was Purgatory, not Hell. You're back on. Behave.....

best
BB

Last edited:
"MozRecording" is now on Eternal Ignore. Any need to make contact as 'moderator' should be done via PM. Yes....."we'll let you know..."

Oh come come now, for as much as you give you seem to be able to take so little.

'MozRecording' You're on Eternal Ignore. I haven't viewed your reply and have no intention of doing so. You may PM me if you're a Mod and have some official reason for contacting me, otherwise, move on..

best
BB

'MozRecording' You're on Eternal Ignore. I haven't viewed your reply and have no intention of doing so. You may PM me if you're a Mod and have some official reason for contacting me, otherwise, move on..

best
BB

I think... mods can't PM you if you have them on ignore. Something to do with a change David made after I bitched about not being able to puts mods on ignore. :p (People you have on ignore can't PM you.)

I think... mods can't PM you if you have them on ignore. Something to do with a change David made after I bitched about not being able to puts mods on ignore. :p (People you have on ignore can't PM you.)

Then another mod can PM if it's important, or the Site Proprietor. Marley Cyprus, one of the interns checked the message above. It's not important. This is a section about site improvements, we don't have time or patience for smart-alec attempts to derail the discussion. This site set up actually works well once you start weeding the garden.......the fact that the inane, insane babble continues behind the Wall Of Ignore doesn't bother me. We threatened to do this during the Olympics but then it was fun to watch the asylum in full swing, but that's so over now that Morrissey is back. Or rather, now that this new version of "Morrissey " has materialized.

best
BB

Then another mod can PM if it's important, or the Site Proprietor. Marley Cyprus, one of the interns checked the message above. It's not important. This is a section about site improvements, we don't have time or patience for smart-alec attempts to derail the discussion. This site set up actually works well once you start weeding the garden.......the fact that the inane, insane babble continues behind the Wall Of Ignore doesn't bother me. We threatened to do this during the Olympics but then it was fun to watch the asylum in full swing, but that's so over now that Morrissey is back. Or rather, now that this new version of "Morrissey " has materialized.

best
BB

Hi Marley Cyprus. Hope all is well with you. Is he this crabby all the time?

Hi Marley Cyprus. Hope all is well with you. Is he this crabby all the time?

No, he's very gentle and sweet. It's all an act. He won't let you out of Eternal Ignore Hell unless you PM him. I can't do it, I only screen these Dantean levels for 'secret messages', but usually from another location.

best
Kitty Purry - The Intern

I don't use ignore but I have a question. If someone put me on ignore, they can't see my posts but will I be able to see theirs. Hence Brumnei, if you put me on ignore, possibly I won't see your posts?

I don't use ignore but I have a question. If someone put me on ignore, they can't see my posts but will I be able to see theirs. Hence Brumnei, if you put me on ignore, possibly I won't see your posts?

My understanding is that there's no 2 way traffic. If I ignore you, you still see my posts but any replies you make I remain oblivious to your cutting edge jpegs/GIFs/insults/tantrums, erc. Ditto, if you ignore me, I still see your comments in the thread-flow, but any replies I make are never seen by you. You're not in Eternal Ignore. Yet. But it can be for a minor infraction, so keep your wits about you when striking up a conversation with me.

best
BB

My understanding is that there's no 2 way traffic. If I ignore you, you still see my posts but any replies you make I remain oblivious to your cutting edge jpegs/GIFs/insults/tantrums, erc. Ditto, if you ignore me, I still see your comments in the thread-flow, but any replies I make are never seen by you. You're not in Eternal Ignore. Yet. But it can be for a minor infraction, so keep your wits about you when striking up a conversation with me.

best
BB

No, your replies to all his posts can be seen by him unless he has you on ignore as well.

Ignore is a one way street, like you said. If I have someone on ignore, I can't see the contents of their posts. I can, however, see that they made a post. This only applies if I am logged in under the user name that has the person on ignore. Also, if I have someone on ignore, they cannot receive (or send, I think) PMs. The software hijacks them and hides them--presumably. I suppose they remain on the servers. If one wants to know if I have them on ignore, try reading my blog while logged in. If you can't, then you are on ignore. If you still want to read it despite the fact I think you are a piece of shit, then log out. Enjoy.

Last edited:
No, your replies to all his posts can be seen by him unless he has you on ignore as well.

Ignore is a one way street, like you said. If I have someone on ignore, I can't see the contents of their posts. I can, however, see that they made a post. This only applies if I am logged in under the user name that has the person on ignore. Also, if you have someone on ignore, you cannot receive (or send, I think) PMs. The software hijacks them and hides them--presumably. I suppose they remain on the servers. If you want to know if I have you on ignore, try reading my blog while logged in. If you can't, then you are on ignore. If you still want to read it despite the fact I think you are a piece of shit, then log out. Enjoy.

Oh, Arby's. Oh Arby's. What

would we do/without you

AIGMF-White-Background-CMYK.jpg

Ignore is a one way street, like you said. If I have someone on ignore, I can't see the contents of their posts. I can, however, see that they made a post. This only applies if I am logged in under the user name that has the person on ignore. Also, if you have someone on ignore, you cannot receive (or send, I think) PMs. The software hijacks them and hides them--presumably. I suppose they remain on the servers. If you want to know if I have you on ignore, try reading my blog while logged in. If you can't, then you are on ignore. If you still want to read it despite the fact I think you are a piece of shit, then log out. Enjoy.

Nice try to beat me on the 'Ignore' game, but as usual you get it ass-backwards with yet another EpicFail. No, I don't want to read your blog entry about me or anyone else or anything as I guard the portal of my mind from disturbed cognitions. I've also zero interest in whether or not you have me on ignore or not, but I can now confirm you are on Eternal Ignore as the tone of this latest (and final) communication from you is impertinent and contains an extraneous scatological epithet. And yes, I've enjoyed confirming your profile is 'after cease to exist'. The only reason I didn't throw you over the cliff edge with the rest of the trash right away was because it amused me to see how long you'd last before reverting to form.Have a nice life.

bye
BB

Nice try to beat me on the 'Ignore' game, but as usual you get it ass-backwards with yet another EpicFail. No, I don't want to read your blog entry about me or anyone else or anything as I guard the portal of my mind from disturbed cognitions. I've also zero interest in whether or not you have me on ignore or not, but I can now confirm you are on Eternal Ignore as the tone of this latest (and final) communication from you is impertinent and contains an extraneous scatological epithet. And yes, I've enjoyed confirming your profile is 'after cease to exist'. The only reason I didn't throw you over the cliff edge with the rest of the trash right away was because it amused me to see how long you'd last before reverting to form.Have a nice life.

BB

I was going to edit my post for clarity. Now, I regret not doing so. I did not mean you. You have never been on ignore. I do have eight names on ignore, however. I was addressing them. My apologies for the convoluted post.

Back
Top Bottom