Randy Newman mentions Morrissey's political views - The Observer Food Monthly 21/1/18

Randy Newman: ‘I've written a song about Trump and Ivanka – but it needs a little work’ - The Observer
The great songwriter talks about politics, Toy Story and the Smiths – and why he’s never enjoyed the writing process

Extract: "He’s also a huge fan of the Smiths and the kitchen-sink dramas of the 1960s that inspired the band’s aesthetic – Saturday Night, Sunday Morning, The L-Shaped Room, This Sporting Life. Like most Smiths fans, he’s distressed to hear that Morrissey’s political views appear to have taken a rightward turn. “Shame. He’s one of the great lyricists.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d rather have the 72 virgins. It is written. It is there. Can you read? Of course you’re not getting them for free.

But if there is one non virgin I would truly feel disappointed. Not.

No big deal as I already feel that way.
Come to think of it, that idea of 72 virgins waiting for me is scaring as hell.
Why can’t I just lay on a sofa and read a nice book by candlelight and just listening to music by The Smiths and Moz? :rolleyes:
That's Purgatory.

Thanks for that. I get an error message network is unreachable when I click on it. Maybe a US thing. I will keep it in my mental Rolodex and make a point to watch it.

Most likely some sort of censorship on behalf of your broadband company which is quite common abroad by all accounts.

The usual american film outlets online have not added it so far.

Oh, God, not this shit again.

Everyone gets judged by the values they hold, and how they relate to your own values. It's perfectly normal, and an essential part of society's negotiating process. People are not unfeeling androids.

If values weren't judged, then they wouldn't have much value. Values help us find and build relationships with like-minded people. Now, what you do with your value judgments is another story.

Morrissey's not the only one who can declare his personal values, and get away with it. Why even state them if they're not up for debate? Why is everyone expected to ignore a speaker's thoughts? Declarations work both ways.

I think that's a really good post :)

Oh, God, not this shit again.

Everyone gets judged by the values they hold, and how they relate to your own values. It's perfectly normal, and an essential part of society's negotiating process. People are not unfeeling androids.

If values weren't judged, then they wouldn't have much value. Values help us find and build relationships with like-minded people. Now, what you do with your value judgments is another story.

Morrissey's not the only one who can declare his personal values, and get away with it. Why even state them if they're not up for debate? Why is everyone expected to ignore a speaker's thoughts? Declarations work both ways.

'Morrissey's not the only one who can declare his personal values, and get away with it. Why even state them if they're not up for debate?'

Even if he is not here to debate and explain himself ?

To air one's opinions might feel nice, but where does that really lead to?

I think he's got an Internet connection, these days.

'I think he's got an Internet connection, these days.'

yes, we all know that. And we know he won't come here. So given these facts, my question still stands.

I wonder if the thick left will ever work out that the rejection of their credo at the ballot box is largely not because people hate women, or those with black skin or brown skin or this accent or that, but that people hate with a vengeance the ever moralising left looking down their noses at them?

I wonder if the thick left will ever work out that the rejection of their credo at the ballot box is largely not because people hate women, or those with black skin or brown skin or this accent or that, but that people hate with a vengeance the ever moralising left looking down their noses at them?
Don’t let Skinny hear you, his kids have re educated him, they know best apparently lol. Gotta keep up with the times JB X :rock:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom