Random Question for Vegetarians

Jamie

Bluff, Ardour & Assoc.
Please don't interpret this as being a "loaded" question or having any particular agenda other than my brain firing a quizzical electron.

For very strict vegetarians who own pets, what meatless options are there to feed their cats and dogs? In general, most pet foods (any that I've ever seen, at least) consist of some animal meal (beef, chicken, lamb). Or, by extension, how does one who practices vegetarianism consider dietary needs for their furry friends?

I know that it is easy for humans to replace basics like protein without consuming meat, but I'm completely ignorant as to how this can be done for domestic animals. Is this one of those things that falls into a "gray area" even for passionate vegetarians?

Thanks for appeasing my curiosity!

Cheers,
Jamie

Please don't interpret this as being a "loaded" question or having any particular agenda other than my brain firing a quizzical electron.

For very strict vegetarians who own pets, what meatless options are there to feed their cats and dogs? In general, most pet foods (any that I've ever seen, at least) consist of some animal meal (beef, chicken, lamb). Or, by extension, how does one who practices vegetarianism consider dietary needs for their furry friends?

I know that it is easy for humans to replace basics like protein without consuming meat, but I'm completely ignorant as to how this can be done for domestic animals. Is this one of those things that falls into a "gray area" even for passionate vegetarians?

Thanks for appeasing my curiosity!

Cheers,
Jamie

well people take cat's and dog's very pointy canine teeth as overwhelming proof they are true carnivores. so it's ok to feed them meat. my sister only feed her cats food they can kill themselves if they were out in the natural environment. so fish and poultry for example. and not beef or other animals a cat could not naturally kill on their own.

What few vegan friends I have still feed their dogs regular food. described to me as 'obeying the food chain'. I would think that food chain would mean we could eat meat too, but, whatever, i'm not one of those argumentative types. the only food with a face I eat is seafood :)

Well I`m a veggie and I feed my two dogs meat because its natural for them. I feel it would be wrong for me not to give them meat as it would go against their nature.Its instinct for them and not for humans who have the right and choice to choose otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom