Random memory linked to a Morrissey song

Kevaxe2k2

For some reason, everytime I hear the song Southpaw I link it to a specific situation.

Fall of '95 was a golden time for music. You had Morning Glory, Great Escape, and Southpaw all with what, a week or two?

I remember every morning during the fall/winter leaving the apartment I lived at with my girlfriend (now wife) and her friend. I would pop in Southpaw Grammar, go straight to track 8. I would stop at Dunkin Donut's get a couple chocolate chunk cookies and a large french vanilla coffee.

Like I said, for some reason that song alway makes me think of those grey, crisp fall mornings driving in my old convertible.

Anyone else?

yep

Kevaxe2k2 said:
For some reason, everytime I hear the song Southpaw I link it to a specific situation.

Fall of '95 was a golden time for music. You had Morning Glory, Great Escape, and Southpaw all with what, a week or two?

that was a FANTASTIC, exciting time for music. makes me think of hot, sacramento summer and TONS of newcastle brown ale.

I have to agree with this, the Britpop period in 1995 when all was well...I had a great time

That was also when I could get really drunk and go to work the next day without much of a problem, alas, not anymore!

Yep, in the days before the internet. I remember in oct. of 95 finding out BLur was coming to Detroit in like a week!

Back
Top Bottom