@Ragdale Road: racist or not racist?

Ragdale Road: Racist or Not Racist?

• Total voters

caamt13

It has recently come to my attention that one of our fellow users has made some problematic remarks. Now I see avid defenders and enemies of him on both sides with good points.

I have nothing against the guy, he seems to be having a pretty rough go of it, but let me ask you the one question that matters.

Is he racist? We're solving this right now, right here.

Discuss.

It has recently come to my attention that one of our fellow users has made some problematic remarks. Now I see avid defenders and enemies of him on both sides with good points.

I have nothing against the guy, he seems to be having a pretty rough go of it, but let me ask you the one question that matters.

Is he racist? We're solving this right now, right here.

Discuss.

If it matters so much to you why don't you just message the guy and ask him?

what about urbanus, the ACTUAL racist who is always touting white supremacy? why does no one take issue with that? raggy is harmless. he made some comments, the spirit of which could only be gauged in their context. there was a study I read once how the most virulently anti-racist people are often the ones who resort to racial epithets when irked or offended by members of other races. it's just the easiest thing to fall back on, and since they themselves know they don't actually mean it they think it's harmless. if you knew you meant it and you were nursing a searing hatred of some other race you probably wouldn't make an off-hand quirky remark about not liking them. so no, i don't believe raggy is an actual racist.

what about urbanus, the ACTUAL racist who is always touting white supremacy? why does no one take issue with that? raggy is harmless. he made some comments, the spirit of which could only be gauged in their context. there was a study I read once how the most virulently anti-racist people are often the ones who resort to racial epithets when irked or offended by members of other races. it's just the easiest thing to fall back on, and since they themselves know they don't actually mean it they think it's harmless. if you knew you meant it and you were nursing a searing hatred of some other race you probably wouldn't make an off-hand quirky remark about not liking them. so no, i don't believe raggy is an actual racist.

Oh so by that logic Urbanus probably doesn't mean it either --- thanks genius!

what about urbanus, the ACTUAL racist who is always touting white supremacy? why does no one take issue with that?

He is bald. He wears army clothes. He was born without a brain. He is obsessed with insulting women... Paying attention to him is a waste of time.

I don't know who Mr Popo is but I read a study once that said that people who say and do racist things are not racist. Going by that logic I wonder if not racist is extra racist.

Look it up.

Turns out I'm a fascist according to this. :rolleyes:
"Secondly, it's worth noting that The Jynx and Mr. Popo images originate from Japan, a country where black people are not so commonly seen, while ignorant and perhaps somewhat offensive, pressuring artists and media to alter their work in favour of your sensitivity, is selfish and fascist. Furthermore, it's interesting that you draw attention to the Japanese portrayal of black Americans but not the American portrayal of Asians. If you're devoted to fighting racism, why only mention racism against blacks?

Not to mention that black Americans refer to "crackers" and "honkeys" on a regular basis, while black comedians portray whites in a highly stereotypical manner. You can claim fair play because of the generations of stereotypical black portrayals, except for the fact that such imagery is no longer allowed to exist. Censorship is the purest form of oppression, and the fact that an image or idea offends is not reason to silence it."​

Well I'm bound to say im not. I think viva would know I wouldn't have the time or energy to pick on people for their race.the evidence may suggest different. You decide for yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom