Radiohead do storming cover of Headmaster Ritual on radiohead.tv

Thom's voice is not as good as Moz's one, we all know that, but in my opinion the try is quite good.

But musically it's just an awesome version!! :eek: Thom could lend his guitarists to Moz on the next tour for the Smiths songs :D

In my opinion, lovely cover, but I must say Radiohead is my favorite band, maybe I am not objective. :D

I'm a huge fan of Radiohead, thought that cover was great. Yeah the vocals are different which is expected. The band nailed it sounded amazing.

Thom's voice is not as good as Moz's one, we all know that, but in my opinion the try is quite good.

In what way? I adore Moz's voice, but Thom's voice is vastly technically superior. Sure over the last few years, it has started to wane...but from a technical point of view his voice on their first 3-4 records is streets ahead of Moz's.

In what way? I adore Moz's voice, but Thom's voice is vastly technically superior. Sure over the last few years, it has started to wane...but from a technical point of view his voice on their first 3-4 records is streets ahead of Moz's.

yeah...It takes talent to sound like everyone else.

Fred Durst is the best by the way. Eddie Vedder!!!

Would like to get a high quality recording of this, but this'll do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI_XKiZL4JM

I like the guitar sound, IMHO he used pedals which gave an electrocnic
kinda sound, amongs the other guitarpedals

but to end this comment in doom, I never understood what's so good
or great about Radiohead, same as for Belle $ Sebastian [well that
Scottoish band, dunno if I'm writing the good band or a Disney Film]

please correct the writingerrors yourself if yer annoyed/iritated by it

Are you deaf? You're saying that Yorke "sounds like everybody else" & hence has an inferior voice to Moz?

:rolleyes:

i don't know...i like radiohead...i was just responding to whatever comment i responded to. Yorke does sound similar to that "alternative" lead singer sound of that time and since. so what's so technical about it that it's better than moz of that same time period?

Thom's voice is vastly technically superior. Sure over the last few years, it has started to wane...but from a technical point of view his voice on their first 3-4 records is streets ahead of Moz's.

"Technical" ? Yuck! Who wants "technique" in rock n roll,give me passion.soul and feeling any time,none of which Thom Yorke has,to me at least.

First decent Smiths cover I've heard for ages. Fantastic stuff, talented band.

OMG, the two bands that have helped me the most have been Radiohead and The Smiths......I love it!!!!

"Technical" ? Yuck! Who wants "technique" in rock n roll,give me passion.soul and feeling any time,none of which Thom Yorke has,to me at least.

Thom Yorke is so much more than just "technique" - this was merely in response to somebody saying "We know Moz is a much better singer".

Anyway, both Yorke & Moz are my favourite singers. Such a shame that many on here are so blinkered in their support for Moz that they will accept nobody else.

Thom Yorke is so much more than just "technique" - this was merely in response to somebody saying "We know Moz is a much better singer".

Anyway, both Yorke & Moz are my favourite singers. Such a shame that many on here are so blinkered in their support for Moz that they will accept nobody else.

Well on a Morrissey fansite you can't expect everyone to like Radiohead, just as on a Radiohead fansite I would think the opinions on Morrissey would be split. The only common denominator on here is Morrissey. It's unfair to call people blinkered just because they don't all like another artist you do.

Such a shame that many on here are so blinkered in their support for Moz that they will accept nobody else.

Morrissey certainly isn't my favourite singer ,but,really,Thom Yorke and Radiohead are just awful,plain bloody awful.

Well on a Morrissey fansite you can't expect everyone to like Radiohead, just as on a Radiohead fansite I would think the opinions on Morrissey would be split. The only common denominator on here is Morrissey. It's unfair to call people blinkered just because they don't all like another artist you do.

There's a difference between liking an artist & saying ridiculous things.

For example, I do not like New Order. However, I'd never say they were "plain, bloody awful" or whatever that idiot "snapyou" has to say. I recognise their talent & accomplishments, but simply do not enjoy their music.

Fanaticism of the likes of snapyou is merely unpleasant in any form.

I have no idea who these people are, but by god theyve killed a decent song...oh and the 'SINGING'.....
:eek::mad: OUCH.

There's a difference between liking an artist & saying ridiculous things.

For example, I do not like New Order. However, I'd never say they were "plain, bloody awful" or whatever that idiot "snapyou" has to say. I recognise their talent & accomplishments, but simply do not enjoy their music.

Fanaticism of the likes of snapyou is merely unpleasant in any form.

Some people find Thom Yorke's singing not pleasant. That's a fact. To them it is awful.

I've seen much more vitriolic denunciations of Morrissey on atease than anything I've read on this site about Mr Yorke.

Back
Top Bottom