Quotes

"i mean, I guess it matters to me
i wish it mattered to you
how a thousand virtues
kick the same bucket like chinatown turtles"

said by Ian Matthias Bavitz

"we have nothing left to waste but opportunities / to be the lovers we have longed to be"

"holds the sun in the palm of his hands and laughs down the cynical man"

patrick wolf

if we deny the need for thought, as some do, we lose our powers of reflection; we cannot define what our senses report. if we deny the flesh, we unwheel the vehicle which bears us. but if we deny emotion, we lose all connection with our internal universe. it was emotion i missed the most.

-charles de lint

"I am alone in the midst of these happy, reasonable voices. All these creatures spend their time explaining, realizing happily that they agree with each other. In Heaven's name, why is it so important to think the same things all together.

My thought is me: that's why I can't stop. I exist because I think… and I can't stop myself from thinking. At this very moment - it's frightful - if I exist, it is because I am horrified at existing. I am the one who pulls myself from the nothingness to which I aspire.

I want to leave, to go somewhere where I should be really in my place, where I would fit in . . . but my place is nowhere; I am unwanted."

From nausea

"I am alone in the midst of these happy, reasonable voices. All these creatures spend their time explaining, realizing happily that they agree with each other. In Heaven's name, why is it so important to think the same things all together.

My thought is me: that's why I can't stop. I exist because I think… and I can't stop myself from thinking. At this very moment - it's frightful - if I exist, it is because I am horrified at existing. I am the one who pulls myself from the nothingness to which I aspire.

I want to leave, to go somewhere where I should be really in my place, where I would fit in . . . but my place is nowhere; I am unwanted."

From nausea

The second quote is probably one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite novels

From Nirvanas lounge act. Reportedly about Tobi Vail but contrary to the popular story she didn't break up with him . he ended it after she started questioning his drug use namely heroin. He was kinda famous for having multiple meanings and layers to his songs and only telling half the story. Makes me think of song a bit differently after knowing this. Is the friend who makes him feel where he wanted more than he could steal heroin and is the truth that he feels sad in choosing it over her though he thinks he still cares about her. Is he insecure about this truth and seeks the security of drugs hoping it won't smother and kill him orayne hes talking about his guolt there. At the very least his lyrics were pretty sweet and interpretive

Truth covered in security
I can't let you smother me
I'd like to but it couldn't work
Trading off and taking turns
I don't regret a thing
I've got this friend, you see
Who makes me feel
And I wanted more
Than I could steal
I'll arrest myself
And wear a shield
I'll go out of my way
To prove I still
Smell her on you

Google sez:
:babyangel:"You know me as someone who is personally good.":babyangel:

But I looked in the dictionary, and under "good" it doesn't say: "naughty at best; utterly despicable at worst".

-Hey, no, you're right though, who needs definitions! Definitions never got you a nice table anywhere!-

Came out swinging

Moved all my shit into my parent's basement
And out of our old apartment
I know things changed but I'm not sure when
I guess you'd call this regression
I left a real job and a girlfriend
I convinced myself that I'm brave enough for all of this
Well, I spent this whole year in airports
And the floor feels like home
Oh, at least we're never alone
I lost track of the time zones and I'd call but you know
I'm running on empty
The late nights and the long drives start to get to me
I'm just so tired

I spent this year as a ghost and I'm not sure what I'm looking for
I'm a voice on a phone that you rarely answer anymore
I came in here alone
Came in here alone
But that doesn't scare me like it did seven months ago
I spent this year as a ghost and I'm not sure where home is anymore

Been on a steady fast food diet
Like we're this generation's Morgan Spurlock
But we don't admit defeat
My body feels rejected and I can't say that I blame it
My heart keeps saying stay young
My lower back seems to disagree
I unrolled a cheap cotton blanket on an old dirty couch
I felt the year start to wind down
I can't stand any dead space
Empty beds bum me out

I spent this year as a ghost and I'm not sure what I'm looking for
I'm a voice on a phone that you rarely answer anymore
I came in here alone
Came in here alone
But that doesn't scare me like it did seven months ago
I spent this year as a ghost and I'm not sure where home is anymore

I came out swinging from a South Philly basement
Caked in stale beer and sweat under half-lit fluorescents
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
And if I'm being honest, I'm getting there

This guy writes some great lines. I like the whole lyric but lines like "Im a voice on the phone you rarely answer anymore" or " my body feels rejected and I can't say that I blame it". Also "I can't stand any dead space"

"We are either kings or pawns of men" Bonaparte Quote

We want to believe this world is better than it actually is, but life is a real pigsty.

In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is a martyr. Oh people, don't you see?

I always imagined my world to be all things at once. I can't imagine something I've no experience with any more than I can picture a color I've never seen so if I know joy and I know misery then both must exist in my world and since nothing can ever really be destroyed, or if it is I can't know it, then it must always be so. I just need to seek and embrace it or change myself to acknowledge it. This reminds me of that Paul westerberg line "beautiful flower growing wild in the garbage dump, even here, even here, here we are". You've been reading to much Voltaire perhaps

I always imagined my world to be all things at once. I can't imagine something I've no experience with any more than I can picture a color I've never seen so if I know joy and I know misery then both must exist in my world and since nothing can ever really be destroyed, or if it is I can't know it, then it must always be so. I just need to seek and embrace it or change myself to acknowledge it. This reminds me of that Paul westerberg line "beautiful flower growing wild in the garbage dump, even here, even here, here we are". You've been reading to much Voltaire perhaps

No, I was thinking about the actual "real pigsty". Those gangs of usurper psychos with license to kill that we let make their act under the belief they won't go too far but they do, simply because they can. Those who collect gold to earn fake legitimacy, ordering with a smile that killings look like accidents or suicides. That's the life we are living, the pigsty life. I guess you can live a wonderful life as soon you are not their target for any reason, and that is very far from your wishes. And mine. If we are still here enjoying our cherished lives it's because we don't care or because they still need us. You know, Good Servants Are Hard to Find These Days.

No, I was thinking about the actual "real pigsty". Those gangs of usurper psychos with license to kill that we let make their act under the belief they won't go too far but they do, simply because they can. Those who collect gold to earn fake legitimacy, ordering with a smile that killings look like accidents or suicides. That's the life we are living, the pigsty life. I guess you can live a wonderful life as soon you are not their target for any reason, and that is very far from your wishes. And mine. If we are still here enjoying our cherished lives it's because we don't care or because they still need us. You know, Good Servants Are Hard to Find These Days.

With amazing grace even slaves made beautiful music. Born from a life of misery and death it's still sung today almost and its almost as beautiful as it was then

...Were I to ever write a self-help book (which God won't allow anyway) it would have advice like...

"Don't ignore resentment or it'll grow resentful. Deal with it before it deals with you."
and
"Not being interested in anger is not the same as not daring to be angry. Being a Zen master is not the same as being a Pain slave." (I wanted to write "a pussy" first, but it might upset female felines, and those are kind of my target audience. )
And loads and loads of things like that and super good advice I'd never put into practice myself but that others people would, making me a lot of money in the process. They'd be happy, I'd be happy, everybody would be.

Sadly, I just don't have it in me. :(

Bring me your suffering
The rattle roar of broken bones
Bring me the riot in your heart
Bring it all
I am not afraid of the dark.....

Mia hollow

Pediatric Suicide

Being who you are is not a disorder.

Being unloved is not a psychiatric disorder.

I can’t find being born in the diagnostic manual.

I can’t find being born to a mother incapable of touching you.

I can’t find being born on the shock treatment table.

Being offered affection unqualified safety and respect when
and only when you score dope for your father is
not a diagnosis.

Putting your head down and crying your way through elementary
school is not a mental illness, on the contrary.

And seeing a psychiatrist for fifteen minutes per month

some subdoormat psychiatrist writing for just what you
need lots more drugs

to pay his mortgage Lexus lease and child’s future tuition
while pondering which wine to have for
dinner is not effective

treatment for friendless and permanent sadness.

Child your sick smile is the border of sleep.

Abandoned naked and thrown to the world is not a disease.

She was unhappy just as I was only not as lucky.

-Franz Wright

"Be Like Water."

Nice sentiment. Probably not the first quote that comes to mind when you're 85, and when your house is flooded and neither you, the telly or your canary can swim, though.

Bruce, lucky fella, you died before having to fight climate change. Which is falling on us like a ton of bricks.

Alfredo: Once upon a time, a king gave a feast. And there came the most beautiful princesses of the realm. Now, a soldier, who was standing guard, saw the king's daughter go by. She was the most beautiful one, and he immediately fell in love with her. But what could a poor soldier do when it came to the daughter of the king? Well, finally, one day, he managed to meet her, and he told her that he could no longer live without her. The princess was so impressed by his strong feelings that she said to the soldier: "If you can wait 100 days and 100 nights under my balcony, then at the end of it, I shall be yours." Damn! The soldier immediately went there and waited one day. And two days. And ten. And then twenty. And every evening, the princess looked out of her window, but he never moved. During rain, during wind, during snow, he was always there. The bird shat on his head, and the bees stung him, but he didn't budge. After ninety nights, he had become all dried up, all white, and the tears streamed from his eyes. He couldn't hold them back. He no longer had the strength to sleep. All that time, the princess watched him. And on the 99th night, the soldier stood up, took his chair, and went away.

Salvatore: [later in the film, Toto gives Alfredo his interpretation] ... In one more night, the princess would have been his. But she also could not possibly have kept her promise. And it would have been terrible. He would have died. This way, however, at least for 99 days, he was living under the illusion that she was there, waiting for him.

from Cinema Paradiso

Back
Top Bottom