Quorn!

I found this online about Quorn.

Quorn is the brand name of meat substitutes that are made from a vat-grown fungus. Some people have dangerous allergic reactions to the fungus and suffer nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and occasionally hives or difficulty breathing. Some people react the first time they eat Quorn, while some react only after building up a sensitivity.

Medical studies have proven that Quorn's fungal ingredient is an allergen, but the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the United Kingdom's Food Standards Agency still allow its sale. The Center for Science in the Public Interest, a non-profit food-safety organization based in Washington, D.C., has heard from more than 600 consumers in Europe and the United States who have suffered reactions to Quorn.

Despite what some of the manufacturer's (Marlow Foods) marketing materials indicate, the fungus used in Quorn is only distantly related to mushrooms, truffles, or morels. While all are members of the fungus kingdom, Quorn is made from a less appetizing fungus (or mold) called Fusarium venenatum.

www.cspinet.org/quorn

The thing is, if you're going to ban Quorn because it causes allergic reactions in some people, you might as well ban nuts, or milk, or anything else people can be allergic to.

I've found some proof that Quorn Scotch Eggs exist, as I was beginning to wonder if i'd imagined them :D :p

I've found some proof that Quorn Scotch Eggs exist, as I was beginning to wonder if i'd imagined them :D :p

ive researched it, theyre new..
im going near a morrissons on sunday, so i might be allowed to dash in and check...(buy some)

I used to love quorn and eat it all the time... I hated it at first though, but after forcing myself to eat it a few times it grew on me. I haven't had it since I became vegan because it has milk in it... Great stuff though. I miss it.

Back
Top Bottom