Questions for moderators

i just meant that it's all ill ever have of morrissey. i was joking though, im not really beside myself over it! :p you're sweet though!

I guessed that.
I have a crystal ball. I see a black cloud in the shape of a sharp marine blue blazer. On it's lapel a crazy rabbit :p

Good. Thank you all. Your responses have more than answered my question. I now have a pretty good sense of what to expect when I post on this site and what the moderators consider actionable violations of the TOS. I know it's not polite to walk into a new social space and begin poking at the rules right away, but I'd heard from numerous people what a hate-filled site this was (and of course have read the hate-filled posts with my own eyeballs) so I figured being less than 100% polite wouldn't raise any eyebrows. I wanted to know if hate was literally ALL that this site was about, if it was some kind of machine that lured in unsuspecting fragile little Morrissey fans and chewed them up and spat them out. I feel unchewed so far, but who knows, it could happen yet. My main interest is in posting about shows, sharing photos and impressions with others who attend (and those who can't but are genuinely interested in hearing). I'm hopeful that there are enough sane and sincere people to hold a worthwhile after-show exchange, but I guess we'll just see...

Good. Thank you all. Your responses have more than answered my question. I now have a pretty good sense of what to expect when I post on this site and what the moderators consider actionable violations of the TOS. I know it's not polite to walk into a new social space and begin poking at the rules right away, but I'd heard from numerous people what a hate-filled site this was (and of course have read the hate-filled posts with my own eyeballs) so I figured being less than 100% polite wouldn't raise any eyebrows. I wanted to know if hate was literally ALL that this site was about, if it was some kind of machine that lured in unsuspecting fragile little Morrissey fans and chewed them up and spat them out. I feel unchewed so far, but who knows, it could happen yet. My main interest is in posting about shows, sharing photos and impressions with others who attend (and those who can't but are genuinely interested in hearing). I'm hopeful that there are enough sane and sincere people to hold a worthwhile after-show exchange, but I guess we'll just see...

Arf.

Good luck

KS brought up a good point about registered posters that negatively rate posts. My question is if you block a registered poster can that also block their ratings of your posts? That way you aren't bothered by their opinion of your posts. This may already be the case, but interested to know.

Last edited:
'It would be good if blocking worked both ways like Facebook, so you don't see their posts and they don't see yours.'- Calamine Lotion

sounds good! :thumb: David what do you think ?

KS brought up a good point about registered posters that negatively rate posts. My question is if you block a registered poster can that also block their ratings of your posts? That way you aren't bothered by their opinion of your posts. This may already be the case, but interested to know.
oh o.k. yes that does make sense. But BB rates my posts negatively so much that I don't even see it, meaning I don't care, because I know he's not going to agree with my posts anyways, so it's fine, if it makes him happy(i guess?), so what.

Though I would much prefer that if you put a poster on ignore that in turn blocks their ability to rate your posts.

'It would be good if blocking worked both ways like Facebook, so you don't see their posts and they don't see yours.'- Calamine Lotion

sounds good! :thumb: David what do you think ?

These are very good suggestions. I still would like to rename the rating buttons though.

You know things that morrissey would say like or song titles.

Imagine buttons like
Vile, subspecies, kiss me, disappointed, bulbous salutation(in a good way) etc.

Please tell me this can be done.

These are very good suggestions. I still would like to rename the rating buttons though.

Imagine buttons like

Imagine buttons like

If wishes and buts were candies and nuts everyday would be Christmas. I heard this saying once.

I think we have to try and take this one step at a time. A lot has been put out there to digest. Let's not be gluttonous with our desire for change. Measured, careful steps are what is called for here. No need to step on any toes or bite the hand that feeds us. It is a call to arms, or thoughts, or emoticons.

Time is on our side because we are the righteous, the just, true to our beliefs in the knowledge that what we espouse is undeniable, unquestionable and factual beyond reproach. Now is our time. We have earned the right to have our voices heard...nay...acted upon!

Let the weak attempt to deny those with the will, strength and fortitude to stand and fight for their convictions. We are the few, the proud, the registered posters who are willing to fall on our swords to try and make the necessary changes that are essential to improving this site for those who post today and those yet to come.

Tc;dr (too crazy; didn't read) :crazy:

Really? You're messing with me, right? :) A house? C'mon, more like an unsupervised playground. Or a school bus where the driver stares grimly ahead while kids dismember each other in the back. I'm a good kid! Help! I just wanna know that I won't be torn limb from limb for writing about how deeply I love Morrissey on a Morrissey fan site!
There's no guarantees in life. Write what you want to write and be happy with it. But if you are going to hang, you're gonna need some thicker skin.

No that's not possible at this time but I'll look around to see if someone made a mod to make that happen.

ATTENTION MODERATORS, Is this possible to do. Thank you.

'It would be good if blocking worked both ways like Facebook, so you don't see their posts and they don't see yours.'
- Calamine Lotion

that would result in nobody reading KS posts. maybe she should rethink her request.

funny, that might be true.

but I'm willing to take that chance. Though I'm feeling to put anons on ignore also, which would be unfortunate
because a few of them actually have minds, unlike YOU. :thumb:

Ketamine Sun, can I ask you why you feel the rating system is more or less important too you?
I feel you are annoyed and dislike it when your posts are being rated off topic, redundant or disliked? I understand your arguments and it would be a good thing to change them but you give the none-entities to much praise by bringing it up.

You seem to have your own take on all things Moz and I quite like your posts.
They are from very different view points and many times surprising.
You do also have a certain confidence and humor that may be overseen by most of the anonymous trollers that rate your posts negative. Why would you care about what they say?
And, last but not least, a certain amount of negative rated posts mean you hit a nerve.
Meaning there was substance and impact in what you were posting.
Cheers

funny, that might be true.

but I'm willing to take that chance. Though I'm feeling to put anons on ignore also, which would be unfortunate
because a few of them actually have minds, unlike YOU. :thumb:

maybe we can make everyone happy by having your avatar be the redundant button.:bow:

you are the only one who seems inhibited by the rankings. nobody else seems to give a f*** about how they are ranked. maybe some therapy is in order?
:sleeping:

face it, you are quite redundant, just about every single post is the same yadiyadiyada.:banned:

first, thank you for your comments above, much appreciated. :thumb:

It irks me a bit if one is on a forum and can not, because of the way it is set up,have the chance to have a discourse or an exchange of ideas between posters. If someone does not post and just rates,then I feel there is no fair exchange of discourse which a forum should be about. And there should be the tools so a user can have the option to use them in order to block those who want to impede or set up obstacles that get in the way of fair discourse and the sharing of ideas and opinions, which again I feel(for better or worse) is what Solo is about. Unfortunately the new rating system works against the dictum here of free speech for all because if one does not post or care to say why they rated your post then that impedes discourse and dialogue between users and it creates a place where one can not post there opinion without it being knocked down without a reason why.

I feel one should have the option to ignore a user and in turn that user can not see your posts. And if that can't be implemented,then I feel the rating system should be done away with or replaced with something
where the user who is rating has to give a reason why they rated the way they did, this is for negative and positive ratings. Though I do know this last option would open up a whole new can of worms, it would still be something closer to fair.

kS, :)

o FFS, where is biebs when you need him?:head-smack:

o FFS, where is biebs when you need him?:head-smack:

Give it some time. :brows:
In the mean time, stop hitting your head against the wall. ;)
I am worried about your health.
Get a nice refreshing shower and after that a nice glass of red wine.
With some cheese. :D
OMG, why did I say that?! :squiffy:

maybe establish a KS subform at the OFF TOPIC forum, so she can commiserate with herself 24/7 without fear of an off topic rating.:drama:

end the drama for the rest of the readers.:couplekiss:

that would result in nobody reading KS posts. maybe she should rethink her request.

Thus completing the circle-jerk echo chamber of a 'safe space' where the delusional Cult Casualties can carry on with their fantasy that reality has not intruded on their bizarre ritual worship of the tin-pot tosspot Morrissey. This is the increasing direction of the interwebz, where once people accepted they would have to risk exposure to alien views, the bedwetters such as KS now demand their asinine narcissism be shielded from challenge by consensual reality. It would be a very fitting end to a site that once championed Free Speech to construct 'walled gardens' where The List gyrate in ever-decreasing circles towards oblivion, oblivious of the fact that the vast majority of rational observers see them as mentally deluded victims of a gross charlatan snake-oil singer. Morrissey's wealth has cushioned him in a padded cell of arse-licking enablers who have signally failed to alert him to the fact that he is now a beclowned asshole. I guess it makes total sense that his dwindling deluded admirers be given similar kid-glove treatment in lieu of psychiatric support.

LOL!
"BrummieBoy"
Vilnius. Lithuania.

Back
Top Bottom