Question re: this forum and Morrissey

Catholic

English Blood, Irish Heart
A question: What impact or effect, if any, does this forum have on Morrissey and his life and work?

I know in the past, Morrissey appeared offended (outraged?) by the forum.

But more recently is there any evidence as to how it effects him and/or those around him: SER, members of the band, other friends etc.

Is it noticed by these people, does it have any impact in any other way?

Curious about any thoughts at all here . . .?

A659B479-4BE6-402A-B37F-FA7A307F251B.jpeg

Jesse Tobias stole a joke I posted here last week, and mporium used an image I posted here of some old Coronation Street actor that died on a t-shirt. So it’s being monitored.
”Aren’t we all, dear…”

Jesse Tobias stole a joke I posted here last week, and mporium used an image I posted here of some old Coronation Street actor that died on a t-shirt. So it’s being monitored.
”Aren’t we all, dear…”

Very interesting. Thank you, TS1985!

The amount of YouTube videos Morrissey watches/posts just raises the question of how many threads here he reads a day.

I hope he doesn't read this forum. The implications would be terrible, because if Morrissey is able to navigate the web successfully enough to read Morrissey-solo, then he has no excuse for not being aware of the inanity (and worse) being posted on his own blog. I prefer to think of him as a Luddite, or a "technotard," so to speak. He reads mildewed books, not an e-reader.

A question: What impact or effect, if any, does this forum have on Morrissey and his life and work?

I know in the past, Morrissey appeared offended (outraged?) by the forum.

But more recently is there any evidence as to how it effects him and/or those around him: SER, members of the band, other friends etc.

Is it noticed by these people, does it have any impact in any other way?

Curious about any thoughts at all here . . .?

Possibly Sam and band members sometimes do. Morrissey might get second hand news of something posted here, to which I can imagine him rolling his eyes.

Solo has been around for years. I assume these days it’s not on his mind, what can he do anyway.

"It is common knowledge that I dislike the SoLow site, and I am aware that all of the opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David Tseng, and that David Tseng will give maximum and inexhaustive publicity to anything said in the negative about me."

If anyone would like to calculate the positive to negative front page story ratio since 2014->
Please feel free, I'll wait...
FWD.

"It is common knowledge that I dislike the SoLow site, and I am aware that all of the opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David Tseng, and that David Tseng will give maximum and inexhaustive publicity to anything said in the negative about me."

If anyone would like to calculate the positive to negative front page story ratio since 2014->
FWD.

Court documents from the lawsuit, but looks like a fee to download. Possibly settled?

morrissey posted to me twice, years ago ( he didnt say it was he but i'm very adept at recognizing writing styles). im PROBABLY his favourite. aint no thang.

Court documents from the lawsuit, but looks like a fee to download. Possibly settled?
Has been posted before. Unsure if they settled, but Steyn filed a dismissal with prejudice, it seems. See http://cf.morrissey-solo.com/documents/steyn_complaint_20140729.pdf

FWD.
He DOES have a point.
Some of the shit that folks have posted (after 2007) on here have been pretty bad and often under the belt.
Not just Aubrey or BB either.

Hazard x

Some of the shit that folks have posted (after 2007) on here have been pretty bad and often under the belt.
Not just Aubrey or BB either.

Quoi? When have I posted ugly criticisms of Morrisey? I don't know what you're referring to, but I'm nevertheless pleased to be lumped in with the Brummie Boy. He's got toxic masculinity, but he also has verve and a finely-controlled ferocity. I don't think I'm a standout on his level. I think it would be pretty great to be that hostile and aggressive, and the same time literate in expression. Being milquetoast is frustrating. "Why do I give valuable time | to people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?"

Last edited:
Quoi? When have I posted ugly criticisms of Morrisey? I don't know what you're referring to, but I'm nevertheless pleased to be lumped in with the Brummie Boy. He's got toxic masculinity, but he also has verve and a finely-controlled ferocity. I don't think I'm a standout on his level. I think it would be pretty great to be that hostile and aggressive, and the same time literate in expression. Being milquetoast is frustrating. "Why do I give valuable time | to people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?"
You did just now, misspelling his name.

You did just now, misspelling his name.

An unforgivable error (Matthew, xii.31). Just ghastly. And now that you've quoted it, editing would be futile. But seeing as how there are some who think Morrissey might read this forum, I should perhaps say: I am so sorry. Knowing full well that sorry will not bring his teen years back.

An unforgivable error (Matthew, xii.31). Just ghastly. And now that you've quoted it, editing would be futile. But seeing as how there are some who think Morrissey might read this forum, I should perhaps say: I am so sorry. Knowing full well that sorry will not bring his teen years back.
You are quite right, sorry does not help. But I’m sure that, deep down, he will appreciate the gesture of your atonement.

You are quite right, sorry does not help. But I’m sure that, deep down, he will appreciate the gesture of your atonement.

1657984694824.gif

Back
Top Bottom