Question for the mods

Thanks for providing the quotes and links. I clicked on a few of the links but they didn't go to the actual comment so I couldn't verify. Anyway, I was going to see if anyone else agreed or cared but so far no one has really replied so what you can do is create an account, add these users to your ignore list and then you won't need to read their posts. If you want to send the links to these anti-hate speech groups go ahead, but from my perspective some may be borderline but I don't see clear violations.

"but I don't see clear violations"

You're so full of shit.

Reelfountain, the protected registered user

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...s-all-of-our-business.144562/page-10#comments
"Gayness will always be a niche thing - they need to admit this, move on and stop trying to recruit children to their cause - it definitely gives an impression of paedophilia, whether true or not.

David Tseng, you collude with this. You endorse this. This deranged, unstable, hate-filled individual is able to make the most repugnant statements about race, LGBT people, Jewish people, immigrants, Islam and Muslims. You are the oxygen to her hatred.

I post it here so that you cannot claim you haven't seen it when the inevitable shit hits the inevitable fan.
The only shit hitting the fan will be in your batshit crazy mind.

You're a TOTAL CLOWN who believes people are not allowed to opinionate if those opinions happen to upset you.

Enter the real world out there and you'd have a nervous breakdown within seconds.

This is at best disingenuous. The images I referred to were posted to each individual comment made by other users. Are you suggesting that there can be no repetition on Morrissey-Solo? Or are you saying that comments can be repeated, if written, but not with imagery? Where is this stated within your site rules? You state "other posts may be blocked but you wouldn't know about it because you didn't see it get blocked." I don't disagree that this probably occurs. However, if there is an overwhelming number of racist, homophobic etc. comments appearing on the site, and you claim that there are also comments that you are blocking, isn't that an indication, an acknowledgement even, that there is a problem?

If your argument is one of repetition, and that repetition is not allowed, why then do you allow repeated posts from racists, anti-semites and homophobes etc.; specifically when this has been brought to your attention? All of them saying they same thing, we hate e.g.: blacks, asians, muslims, jews, immigrants, gays, lesbians and that these grouping are responsible for all of the world's ills. It's all there in your website. A Morrissey / Smiths fan site. Why?

As for "stay on topic" - did you intend that as a joke? Just about every thread over the last few months - no matter what the content - has been reduced, and reduced with alacrity, in support of alt-right views that include but are in no way limited to: homophobia, racism, paedophilia, religious intolerance and misogyny; so much so that the site, as you are aware, has been reported to the police (UK) for incitement to hate crime.

There are roughly 4 key protagonists; 2 of whom have posted what must be thousands of comments in recent months that fail to "stay on topic" within threads. Can we expect, given that users must stay on topic that when this occurs in future i.e as from today, you will block these off-topic posts?

I have no desire to suppress anyone's freedom of speech or freedom of expression, despite what others may claim. Discourse relating to e.g. racism and homophobia assist to remind people: that these issues continue to exist and that LGBT people, and people of ethnic origin, continue to be persecuted for who they are. Hate speech however is a very different matter and this site is currently colluding with it.

I have used the site extensively over a good number of years. I'm fully aware that love, peace nor harmony ever existed within it's pages but neither did blind, escalating hatred of minority groups. Please stop the escalating racism, homophobia, religious intolerance and misogyny etc. It's in your gift to do it.

I wasn't expecting a reply. I thank you for that.

fgf.gif

This is at best disingenuous. The images I referred to were posted to each individual comment made by other users. Are you suggesting that there can be no repetition on Morrissey-Solo? Or are you saying that comments can be repeated, if written, but not with imagery? Where is this stated within your site rules? You state "other posts may be blocked but you wouldn't know about it because you didn't see it get blocked." I don't disagree that this probably occurs. However, if there is an overwhelming number of racist, homophobic etc. comments appearing on the site, and you claim that there are also comments that you are blocking, isn't that an indication, an acknowledgement even, that there is a problem?

If your argument is one of repetition, and that repetition is not allowed, why then do you allow repeated posts from racists, anti-semites and homophobes etc.; specifically when this has been brought to your attention? All of them saying they same thing, we hate e.g.: blacks, asians, muslims, jews, immigrants, gays, lesbians and that these grouping are responsible for all of the world's ills. It's all there in your website. A Morrissey / Smiths fan site. Why?

As for "stay on topic" - did you intend that as a joke? Just about every thread over the last few months - no matter what the content - has been reduced, and reduced with alacrity, in support of alt-right views that include but are in no way limited to: homophobia, racism, paedophilia, religious intolerance and misogyny; so much so that the site, as you are aware, has been reported to the police (UK) for incitement to hate crime.

There are roughly 4 key protagonists; 2 of whom have posted what must be thousands of comments in recent months that fail to "stay on topic" within threads. Can we expect, given that users must stay on topic that when this occurs in future i.e as from today, you will block these off-topic posts?

I have no desire to suppress anyone's freedom of speech or freedom of expression, despite what others may claim. Discourse relating to e.g. racism and homophobia assist to remind people: that these issues continue to exist and that LGBT people, and people of ethnic origin, continue to be persecuted for who they are. Hate speech however is a very different matter and this site is currently colluding with it.

I have used the site extensively over a good number of years. I'm fully aware that love, peace nor harmony ever existed within it's pages but neither did blind, escalating hatred of minority groups. Please stop the escalating racism, homophobia, religious intolerance and misogyny etc. It's in your gift to do it.

I wasn't expecting a reply. I thank you for that.

When you see the same argument again and again, consider the option of simply copy pasting the phrase "Ok. Urbanus. So you have a small dick, you are bald and you are a rapist. Ok."
... And pray expecting that Urbanus will eventually get bored.

Your reply perfectly illustrates why racism, homophobia etc. are now endemic within Morrissey-Solo …. you seemingly condone it.

You have attempted to rationalise your argument with a rather dismissive ‘if I don’t like it, don’t look at it. Go away’. If I don’t look at it, if I go away, doesn’t the racism and homophobia etc. still exist within the forum?

I had hoped I had made it clear that my intention was not to suppress free speech …. “I have no desire to suppress anyone's freedom of speech or freedom of expression, despite what others may claim. Discourse relating to e.g. racism and homophobia assist to remind people: that these issues continue to exist and that LGBT people, and people of ethnic origin, continue to be persecuted for who they are. Hate speech however is a very different matter and this site is currently colluding with it.”

…. yet, here you are, accusing me of attempting to censor others.

What I had intended was for you to regulate the forum so that this pernicious hatred would be dealt with.

You also state “If you want to post more freely, why don't you simply create an account?”. How exactly does that stop other people, including registered users, from posting racist and homophobic comments?

Your defence of these, racist and homophobic registered users, seems to be predicated solely on the fact that they are registered? Registered users: most of whom are every bit as anonymous as anonymous posters; as they hide behind assumed monikers and avatars.

You then claim that “if there is a violation, then a post may be removed. What constitutes a violation? Personalised homophobic attacks don’t, personalised attacks about paedophilia don’t, personalised racist attacks don’t …

Hate speech about: race, immigrants, Jewish people, LGBT people, black people etc – certainly doesn’t constitute a violation:
  • Jew should be hung
  • Blacks are scum
  • Muslims are murderers
  • Immigrants are rapists and gang rapists
  • LGBT people are paedophiles
Just how arbitrary is this code of violation? Unhelpfully, you provide no definition or clarity of what violation could mean within the General Posting Policy section of the website.

This matter has been brought to your attention. You have, it would seem, chosen to dismiss it. That’s your prerogative.

It is now clear that the issue of the promotion of racist and homophobic etc. material does not solely rest with the individual users (registered or otherwise). You have been made explicitly aware of the content generated on your website and the potential, negative consequences to those identified as minority groups abused by the material generated within your website. You have decided to collude with your status quo and take no action.

I have taken mine.

Reelfountain, the protected registered user

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...s-all-of-our-business.144562/page-10#comments
"Gayness will always be a niche thing - they need to admit this, move on and stop trying to recruit children to their cause - it definitely gives an impression of paedophilia, whether true or not.

David Tseng, you collude with this. You endorse this. This deranged, unstable, hate-filled individual is able to make the most repugnant statements about race, LGBT people, Jewish people, immigrants, Islam and Muslims. You are the oxygen to her hatred.

I post it here so that you cannot claim you haven't seen it when the inevitable shit hits the inevitable fan.

"when the inevitable shit hits the inevitable fan"

You know........this isn't the United Nations.........it's a music fan site. You crack me up.:D

Erm, you really have no clue, do you. None. If others have accused the user (sorry user) of alleged harassment and you have done nothing about that alleged harassment - which seems to have you so steamed up - what does that say about you as owner/adminstrator of this site? Why haven't you acted if you have proof of this harrassment, or is this your perception of harrasmment, like everything else in your world, debatable?

If the accusations were brought to you by other users then you have breached the confidentiality of the user by making those unfounded allegations of harassment public. What else might you let slip in a fit of pique?

I can see now why you won't acknowledge the obvious homophobia and racism on your site, you're too busy doing damage elsewhere.

If your benchmark of quality, diversity and equality is the sites you note above then you really should close this site now.

You're worse than Skinny dude.....at least the worst he does is mark you down.......you are constantly harrassing people.

What about the rules of the site? You have some nerve bringing that up considering the harassing others have accused you of but whatever. I looked at those quotes, not like I didn't read them. What's really hate speech, that's debatable as you said. Is this site worse than what may be posted on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc?

That part about things I was accused of is a deflection and you didn't even say "things you did," but "things you were accused of," so, as you say, whatever.
I did say that what is hate speech is debatable, but the rules of the site are not so debatable. You left that part out. As far as "hate speech" goes, I'm not really in favor of criminalizing speech anyway, but that's a more subtle debate. The point that you're ignoring is that your site has rules.
This is not YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook and you are not responsible for what it posted there.
But is this site worse? @Stephen Hofmann seems to think so because he brags about receiving temporary bans at those places, yet he is comfortable to post the same things that got him banned there.
It's beside the point though.
There is some difference of opinion on what may be considered "hate speech."
I am not suggesting that you get into the business of criminalizing speech. You don't have to worry about what is "hate speech" because your site rules are very clear.

The thing about most racists, homophobes and all-round haters is that they make their comments behind masks of made-up names, locations and avatars. They are not as anonymous as they think – never have been. On this site anyone (registered users or anonymous posters) who post on it leave a visible ISP address.

Registred users, if they have used an email address to sign up, can be tracked by that. With just a little effort we can all be exposed. It can be more difficult to indentify people using Tor and other VPNs but ther’e actually no such thing as anonymity on the internet – just degrees of visibility.

I think davidt is fully aware that this website has reached a new nadir in terms of the policy of (almost) anything goes, but I imagine the webtraffic on this site whenever Morrissey tourettes happens makes the whole site worthwhile maintaining.
"Money, money, money - root of all evil".

Personally as someone who has been using this site for over 20 years I think the lunatics have really taken over the asylum but each to their own. Its always refreshing to read peoples' opinions that I am opposed to although hate speech - not so much.
And some of the posts I have read in recent times here after the very definition of that.

Anyway I'm off to be a libtard snowflake. Bye for now x

That part about things I was accused of is a deflection and you didn't even say "things you did," but "things you were accused of," so, as you say, whatever.
I did say that what is hate speech is debatable, but the rules of the site are not so debatable. You left that part out. As far as "hate speech" goes, I'm not really in favor of criminalizing speech anyway, but that's a more subtle debate. The point that you're ignoring is that your site has rules.
This is not YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook and you are not responsible for what it posted there.
But is this site worse? @Stephen Hofmann seems to think so because he brags about receiving temporary bans at those places, yet he is comfortable to post the same things that got him banned there.
It's beside the point though.
There is some difference of opinion on what may be considered "hate speech."
I am not suggesting that you get into the business of criminalizing speech. You don't have to worry about what is "hate speech" because your site rules are very clear.

Site rules? What site rules? There are none. Everything that is acted upon in this forum is done so on a whim and is accepted by the owner/administrator David Tseng.

The owner/administrator of this site cannot hold to the 'rules' that he himself wrote. What chance is there that he will hold others accountable? None. Absolutely none.

As yet, despite the seriousness of the issues at hand, homophobia and racism - David Tseng - has yet to explain how the comments he was provided with, in regard to homophobia, are acceptable within those rules. He does not, because he cannot. So ... he deflects.

I think davidt is fully aware that this website has reached a new nadir in terms of the policy of (almost) anything goes, but I imagine the webtraffic on this site whenever Morrissey tourettes happens makes the whole site worthwhile maintaining.
"Money, money, money - root of all evil".

Personally as someone who has been using this site for over 20 years I think the lunatics have really taken over the asylum but each to their own. Its always refreshing to read peoples' opinions that I am opposed to although hate speech - not so much.
And some of the posts I have read in recent times here after the very definition of that.

Anyway I'm off to be a libtard snowflake. Bye for now x

I agree. The abuse is worth it for David Tseng because he profits financially from it. Simple. This is not and never has been a free speech argument (that's just a useful deflection/distraction) - how could it be when David Tseng acitvely admits he censors/blocks posts?

The self-professed entrepreneur is content to exploit homophobia and racial hatred for a tainted buck.

I agree. The abuse is worth it for David Tseng because he profits financially from it. Simple. This is not and never has been a free speech argument (that's just a useful deflection/distraction) - how could it be when David Tseng acitvely admits he censors/blocks posts?

The self-professed entrepreneur is content to exploit homophobia and racial hatred for a tainted buck.

:rolleyes:

Yes, and thank you for supporting this site by visiting.

I actually found that quote quite funny, LOL Who wrote it? Sounds like Urbs. So now dark humour is hate speech? Holy moly you're a sensitive one.

Homophobia exists and continues as an accepted norm because while it is extremely overt it can also be surreptitous in nature. As has been said elsewhere context is important. Reelfountain has an obssesive, compulsive hatred of LGBT people and has openly expressed this:

“Why not treat it as an unfortunate affliction or disease.”

“So why encourage gayness if it's the result of paedophilic abuse?”

“I'd say most gays were abused as kids and that is why they are gay.”

“ … they need to admit this, move on and stop trying to recruit children to their cause - it definitely gives an impression of paedophilia.”

Is the throwing of two gay men to their deaths funny? Is it a joke?

These are not jokes. They are not intended as such. They are 1. attempts at provocation and 2. homophobic statements.

Excusing it by attempting to describe anyone who calls it out as 'sensitive' falls in to the surreptitious category. LGBT people have a greater awarness of homophobia and it consequences because a considerable number of them have direct experience of it. This is not a sensitivity but the harsh reality.

It's clear to me that Morrissey Solo is not only accepting of homophobia but is endorsing it. I'm not suggesting all users are homophobic - some have challenged many of the homophobic comments that have appeared in recent weeks - the majority of which come from Reelfountain. What Reelfountain has attempted to do, as she has done in regards to accusations that she is racist, is to unsuccessfully attempt to paint herself as the victim: to engender sympathy by using the mantra of free speech; that her rights are being quashed; that the establishment is conspiring against her. It all sounds very much like someone with a persecution complex, someone who experiences psychosis. In those circumstances I could understand why someone would make such perisistent hateful, fearful comments. However, I believe Reelfountain, and the others involved, are fully aware of their actions and the consequences of those actions.

all the Moz parrot/puppets haters should simply emigrate to another site, then they will be happy. Start your own Moz hate group:lbf:
There they can post their Muslim/loon left wing stuff 24/7 , pat each other in the back and hit each other for a few quid. Call it wearehomelessbuthatemoz.com:rock:
I can see no other option, seeing that no :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: site will exist due to lack of interest:lbf:

Back
Top Bottom