question for the meat-eaters here

I'd eat meat and if he gabbed on about him I'd ask him whats the difference in eating meat and finding leather suites erotic?

If you ever had the opportunity to dine with Morrissey, would you refrain from eating meat in his presence out of respect for him and his beliefs, or would you say "Screw Morrissey, I'll eat whatever I want! I'll have the steak please!"

I have often thought about this and what I would do being put in that position. I wonder if he would become angry or annoyed if someone brazenly ate meat right in front of him, having full knowledge of his beliefs.

I think to be safe, I would just not order meat at all. What do you think you would do?

Well, if it's a one-off I would just have a veggie, why not, its not much to ask.

Although I am pretty anti-religion, a friend who is a devout christian accepted a meal at a friends during his fasting.

I was surprised by this as I know how devout he is, but he said he would rather break his fast than deny the kind gesture of a meal.

That always really impressed, it's called 'perspective'.

And the jokes are too obvious, so dont bother:D

Well, if it's a one-off I would just have a veggie, why not, its not much to ask.

Although I am pretty anti-religion, a friend who is a devout christian accepted a meal at a friends during his fasting.

I was surprised by this as I know how devout he is, but he said he would rather break his fast than deny the kind gesture of a meal.

That always really impressed, it's called 'perspective'.

And the jokes are too obvious, so dont bother:D

Hey, I really like that! Thank you for sharing that story.

Godd I would hope that you meat eaters would refrain for eating meat for one night. I don't think it's that much to ask that you don't guzzle dead animal carcasses in front of your vegetarian idol is it?

I wish my friends would have the same respect for me, but do they f***. They take the piss out of my food saying it looks disgusting, laugh at me, and if I cook for everyone (which i do do quite often) and refuse to cook flesh they complain that they can't have a meal without meat. Well this is only some of my friends, some are respectful!

I eat meat, but I would refrain from eating it around any vegetarian out of courtesy.

Due to religious beliefs, I don't eat pork or shellfish, and my friends have no problem not eating it around me (partially because I gag at the smell of bacon, ew). It's just a respect issue, I suppose.

Also, I really don't think Morrissey would sit next to a plate of meat for more than 2 seconds.

It's the same as smoking. I don't smoke when there's a non-smoker in the table. And of course I wouldn't eat meat if I know it disturbes the one I'm eating with.
I want my friends to accept the beliefs I have as i do with them.

I eat meat, but I would refrain from eating it around any vegetarian out of courtesy.

Due to religious beliefs, I don't eat pork or shellfish, and my friends have no problem not eating it around me (partially because I gag at the smell of bacon, ew). It's just a respect issue, I suppose.

Also, I really don't think Morrissey would sit next to a plate of meat for more than 2 seconds.

I hope I'm not too nosy now, but I have only heard of religion where you don't eat pork meat because it's "dirty". Is it the same with shellfish?

It's the same as smoking. I don't smoke when there's a non-smoker in the table. And of course I wouldn't eat meat if I know it disturbes the one I'm eating with.
I want my friends to accept the beliefs I have as i do with them.

Speaking of smoking. Anyone surprised to see Gary Day smoking in front of Morrissey in the backstage footage of the First of the Gang - Who Put M in Manchester video...I was initially surprised, but i figured morrissey isn't such a pain in real life--like he tries to come off as in his interviews (always on a pulpit...it's so obvious he exaggerates). He does go out to bars and all that.

Same with meat...i don't think he would care. he dines with people who DO NOT consider him to be a god, and I'm sure some eat meat. Really people, Morrissey is not the world. He is not a god, he has a mother and father...he's human like the rest of us. :eek:

I would eat whatever I want to eat...But since I am vegetarian...;) ;)

Speaking of smoking. Anyone surprised to see Gary Day smoking in front of Morrissey in the backstage footage of the First of the Gang - Who Put M in Manchester video...I was initially surprised, but i figured morrissey isn't such a pain in real life--like he tries to come off as in his interviews (always on a pulpit...it's so obvious he exaggerates). He does go out to bars and all that.

Same with meat...i don't think he would care. he dines with people who DO NOT consider him to be a god, and I'm sure some eat meat. Really people, Morrissey is not the world. He is not a god, he has a mother and father...he's human like the rest of us. :eek:

I would eat whatever I want to eat...But since I am vegetarian...;) ;)

Hm I think he means it when he says that he wouldn't dine with meat eaters. In the youtube video "thursdayispathetic" send two of the band members are also smoking in front of him and he doesn't seem to mind, but I don't really think it's the same as eating meat. It's not evil (which he think killing animals is) to smoke, though it might be wrong

I don't think it's that much to ask that you don't guzzle dead animal carcasses in front of your vegetarian idol is it?

I wish my friends would have the same respect for me, but do they f***.

I find it interesting how you expect meat-eaters to respect your vegetarian beliefs (fair point) but then say that in eating meat they are eating dead animal carcusses. That's one-sided respect if you ask me.

I wonder if you would call them carcusses if Morrissey were a meat-eater.

Hm I think he means it when he says that he wouldn't dine with meat eaters. In the youtube video "thursdayispathetic" send two of the band members are also smoking in front of him and he doesn't seem to mind, but I don't really think it's the same as eating meat. It's not evil (which he think killing animals is) to smoke, though it might be wrong

I know morrissey has dined with a lot of people, including some celebrities or other people who do not necessarily bow down to morrissey, and I'm sure they will eat meat if they want to. What about his family? do they all treat him like some kind of god? I don't think Morrissey would place him above the rest in his dining party.

Do you really think Morrissey doesn't exaggerate in his interviews? He's a rock star, most of them do it.

I hope I'm not too nosy now, but I have only heard of religion where you don't eat pork meat because it's "dirty". Is it the same with shellfish?

In Judaism, pork is considered unclean, but so are other things, such as shellfish. Things that are unclean to eat are considered abominations. Everything clean to eat is kosher.

And no, you are not being nosy. :)

I find it hard dining out with people as a vegetarian, most people are incredibly insensitive- either don’t care or just mock me about living off ‘bird food’. One time I went for lunch with a friend and I just happened to be wearing my ‘Meat is Murder’ t-shirt appropriately, and she ordered a bacon sandwich… I can still remember sitting there trying to hide my disgust watching the fat congeal on her plate, urgh :(

I so admired Morrissey’s stance of refusing to eat with meat eaters, I thought that was quite wonderful. But as other people have mentioned, I wouldn’t be left with many friends if I did that. All about compromise I guess… as with most things in life.

I know morrissey has dined with a lot of people, including some celebrities or other people who do not necessarily bow down to morrissey, and I'm sure they will eat meat if they want to. What about his family? do they all treat him like some kind of god? I don't think Morrissey would place him above the rest in his dining party.

Do you really think Morrissey doesn't exaggerate in his interviews? He's a rock star, most of them do it.

Yes I do think he does that sometimes, but not when he said that. If he really thinks eating meat is as bad as hurting children and such thing, it's understandable that he can't enjoy a dinner with meat in front of him

If he really thinks eating meat is as bad as hurting children and such thing, it's understandable that he can't enjoy a dinner with meat in front of him

If he dislikes it to the point of comparing it to child abuse, I'd feel bad about eating it in front of him.

If he dislikes it to the point of comparing it to child abuse, I'd feel bad about eating it in front of him.

exactly the kind of exaggerated statement i expect from an animal rights celebrity. Do you think morrissey really sees canada as equal to nazi germany? or was it a figure of speech...for effect?

morrissey exagerates when talking to a journalist who is going to transcribe what he said and share it with millions of people. Morrissey on the podium...

Back
Top Bottom