Question for the boys

Yeah when we saw the sign the comment was made that there were probably a lot of "oldests" around Ireland. ;)

Including me. ;)

Now I'm in the mood for the last Magners while flipping through my husband's book on Irish pubs.

Waaaay too many of those for me the weekend before last. It's about the only thing that doesn't give me a hangover the day after.

Well, it's not quite that simple. While I do use that technique, I apply to a schema that tells me if the information I am cosmically recieving from who I percieve to be Morrissey is right or wrong. I guess it's like crystal ball stuff without the crystal ball, but with words. Sun, Mars and Saturn "signs" generally tell you that if your mom is blathering on in green about being and tense and frustrated and nervous about, ohhh, I dunno, maybe an interview or something, that those sentiments are generally true. Moon, Venus, and Jupiter "signs" tell you that the information you're recieving is probably not true. 42 is Jupiter. In a commercial last night it came up and I was relieved that some thing someone said on here in green probably wasn't true and I could relax and not worry. There's a system, it's not as simple as using factoids from Mozipedia applied to the box of Kleenex on the table makes me his soulmate. I sense things not in Mozipedia, basic emotions like frustration and happiness, confusion, love, hunger. Sleep is a big one. Weird little needs. And sometimes, like he mentions in The More You Ignore Me, he makes up my mind, he tells me through my own actions what he;s feeling or his intentions given a certain situation. It's beyond weird, I know. You were actually present for one of the most surreal moments in my life where I wasn't reading others when he was standing next to me, my brain just felt calm. We didn;t know he was going to show up, I had no way to prepare for that, it just happened, BLAM! But remember that awkward conversation with that British dude beforehand? I was sensing he was with people. THen when you went into the bathroom that guy asked me to give him a ride? Meanwhile Morrissey is with people and they are giviing him a ride TO the bar we all met at. Little stuff. Parallels. It's difficult to describe.

How are you able to verify that the system you use to tell if something, like an emotion being true, is correct?

How are you able to verify that the system you use to tell if something, like an emotion being true, is correct?

Well, I test it at concerts. That's the only way really since I'm not in contact with him to verify. And other big events. Like the day he passed out on stage? Before I knew it happened my mom just said to me over and over that my dog was really tired. It's easy to tell when a sign is being communicated to you through an omniscient presense (some call it God) when the person he's speaking through repeats themselves. Similarly, the chorus of a song repeats itself, it's the same with signs. So I log online and find out morrissey has passed out on stage. But I am comforted it is fatigue from traveling. Which he hates. At concerts when he's crabby on stage, the people around me throw me his crabby glances I see when I'm thousands if miles away. When he's engaged with the audience asking them questions someone will turn and ask me a question. When he's quiet and going through the motions if a concert, everyone ignores me. It's weird. I'm not saying it's true, it just seems to be true. Only he can say if it us or not. I can't convince or force him to be my soulmate. So I wait. I'm 36. Beyond childbearing years for the most part. I make cutouts and paint and stuff, keep myself busy. I don't mind this holding pattern so much, but I can't pressure him to buy it. He has to just know. And so in the long run, nobody's really getting hurt.

Last edited:
Well, I test it at concerts. That's the only way really since I'm not in contact with him to verify. And other big events. Like the day he passed out on stage? Before I knew it happened my mom just said to me over and over that my dog was really tired. It's easy to tell when a sign is being communicated to you through an omniscient presense (some call it God) when the person he's speaking through repeats themselves. Similarly, the chorus of a song repeats itself, it's the same with signs. So I log online and find out morrissey has passed out on stage. But I am comforted it is fatigue from traveling. Which he hates. At concerts when he's crabby on stage, the people around me throw me his crabby glances I see when I'm thousands if miles away. When he's engaged with the audience asking them questions someone will turn and ask me a question. When he's quiet and going through the motions if a concert, everyone ignores me. It's weird. I'm not saying it's true, it just seems to be true. Only he can say if it us or not. I can't convince or force him to be my soulmate. So I wait. I'm 36. Beyond childbearing years for the most part. I make cutouts and paint and stuff, keep myself busy. I don't mind this holding pattern so much, but I can't pressure him to buy it. He has to just know. And so in the long run, nobody's really getting hurt.

My first instinct is to say THIS IS WHAT CG ACTUALLY BELIEVES :mock:

But I'll try to be more constructive. I'm going to ignore the fact that in order for these events to even be something you could consider a weird coincidence, you'd have to have someone at the concert with a watch synched exactly to yours recording to the second the exact times that he was doing all those things, which you'd then have to compare to a chart you made of the exact times to the second that you experienced those things, which I think I can safely assume isn't the case and I'll just say CG, please listen to the Radiolab episode Stochasticity to learn about coincidence, randomness and patterns. (Actually everyone should listen to every episode and podcast of Radiolab because it's the greatest show that has ever been on radio besides This American Life...)

And no, nobody's getting hurt EXCEPT YOU which is what a lot of people here have tried to say. But hey if you don't give a crap about your own mental health and well being why should anybody else?

My first instinct is to say THIS IS WHAT CG ACTUALLY BELIEVES :mock:

But I'll try to be more constructive. I'm going to ignore the fact that in order for these events to even be something you could consider a weird coincidence, you'd have to have someone at the concert with a watch synched exactly to yours recording to the second the exact times that he was doing all those things, which you'd then have to compare to a chart you made of the exact times to the second that you experienced those things, which I think I can safely assume isn't the case and I'll just say CG, please listen to the Radiolab episode Stochasticity to learn about coincidence, randomness and patterns. (Actually everyone should listen to every episode and podcast of Radiolab because it's the greatest show that has ever been on radio besides This American Life...)

And no, nobody's getting hurt EXCEPT YOU which is what a lot of people here have tried to say. But hey if you don't give a crap about your own mental health and well being why should anybody else?

I'm talking about concerts I physically go to. :rolleyes: I couldn't possibly objectively study if he's the person talking to me if I'm not in the same room with him, I'm not an idiot. I mostly go to concerts alone and stand in the back. When he talks to the crowd, COMPLETE STRANGERS turn to me and start conversations. When he;s grumpy I see that grumpy look on the faces of the people around me that I've known since a child. I read faces I guess you could say. And also I'm only telling about 10% of the story, but I don't go about this willy nilly "Oh he;s my soulmate!" with flowers in my hair strumming a harp. I want to get to the bottom of who's been stalking me cosmically as much as he does, so I use the scientific method as much as possible and doubt my suspicions frequently, but one thing Morrissey is for certain, cosmically, is a pervasive emmer effer. I also am limited as to the amount of concerts I can go to , I am not rich. But I've seen and studied more than ten or fifteen in the last four years.

I think Ira Glass is a genius. :p

Last edited:
You were at Swindon?

No, I was sitting at home in Glendora. When my mom said over and over "Barney is tired. Barney is just really tired. Look at Barney he's jsut so tired." She, God, was reassuring me that I needn't worry. Then I logged on, read the news and it made sense why my mom was referencing Barney over and over like that. My #1 concern is his safety in my brain.

Claudia, the world is not always what it seems. Also what part of "I am a living sign" do you think applies to your definition of megalomania?

Now we're getting to the point.

WHAT POINT? Why is this so difficult?

I am at home. Most likely sitting in front of the television. My mom repeats over and over that Barney is tired. So I stop what I am doing and learn from the internet that Morrissey has passed out. God, via my mom, knew my first question would be WHY? and answered it for me in advance. This was an EASY one. :squiffy:

oh I don't know. I have no idea whatever is really going on but I was just saying that Claudia was scoring points in my imaginary contest to be Morrissey's best friend-biggest fan-soulmate by asking you if you were at that concert.

I think the problem with the your position, CG, is that you tell people you realize it's a fantasy and then you defend it, so through no fault of your own, because I accept that you can't help but make these associations, but you do state your case in a way that is frustrating and can lead people into lala land with you to have a debate about the meaning of a hole in the ground. In that sense you're like a troll genius. LOL But yeah, you sort of give this glimmer of hope to some people that they can talk you out of this and then you come back harder than ever.

I differentiate between seeing an association in Morrissey's official output that could be, however tenuously, be seen to refer to something in your own frame of reference, and random circumstances in your own experience. But I also realize that it's not something you can probably be talked out of. I can't help thinking that you choose it on some level, even though I know that's not a charitable point of view. But I'll bet a lot of people feel that and it can come across as a big drama starring you and everyone that participates in it can start to feel a little bit had. Anyway, my advice would be to accept that whether you believe it or not, it doesn't make sense to most people, and that when you discuss it, you don't usually get positive feedback.

I think you mentioned that your brain finally stopped chattering when you met Morrissey -it was finally quiet.
Just for the record, my brain also stopped completely when I met Morrissey because I was in a state of absolute shock. I can't remember thinking a single thing for about ten minutes, except "Jesse, go away!" and "Jesse, you're lying".

I think you mentioned that your brain finally stopped chattering when you met Morrissey -it was finally quiet.
Just for the record, my brain also stopped completely when I met Morrissey because I was in a state of absolute shock. I can't remember thinking a single thing for about ten minutes, except "Jesse, go away!" and "Jesse, you're lying".

Yeah. Morrissey has a good wingman. :p There was a crowd forming though.

oh I don't know. I have no idea whatever is really going on but I was just saying that Claudia was scoring points in my imaginary contest to be Morrissey's best friend-biggest fan-soulmate by asking you if you nwere at that concert.

I think the problem with the your position, CG, is that you tell people you realize it's a fantasy and then you defend it, so through no fault of your own, because I accept that you can't help but make these associations, but you do state your case in a way that is frustrating and can lead people into lala land with you to have a debate about the meaning of a hole in the ground. In that sense you're like a troll genius. LOL But yeah, you sort of give this glimmer of hope to some people that they can talk you out of this and then you come back harder than ever.

I differentiate between seeing an association in Morrissey's official output that could be, however tenuously, be seen to refer to something in your own frame of reference, and random circumstances in your own experience. But I also realize that it's not something you can probably be talked out of. I can't help thinking that you choose it on some level, even though I know that's not a charitable point of view. But I'll bet a lot of people feel that and it can come across as a big drama starring you and everyone that participates in it can start to feel a little bit had. Anyway, my advice would be to accept that whether you believe it or not, it doesn't make sense to most people, and that when you discuss it, you don't usually get positive feedback.

While I can appreciate when people are being troll geniuses, :)rolleyes:) that's never my goal really. I tried to answer your post three different ways and finally gave up. Too tired to explain what I dont expect anyone to believe though i believe it myself. You make a fine point though.

Last edited:
I think it sucks that I wasn't asked to analyze a song.

This is going to be one of the top threads at the site when possible new Morrissey fans come here after buying The Very Best Of Morrissey. :straightface:

I don't understand all the signs stuff, but I am intrigued about a few coincidences on Wexford Street here in Dublin. There is a venue called The Village there, where Morrissey saw the New York Dolls play a couple of years back. Opposite the venue is a butchers shop called Morrissey's and a few premises down from that there is a clothes shop called solo.

Make of that what you will..

I think it sucks that I wasn't asked to analyze a song.

This is going to be one of the top threads at the site when possible new Morrissey fans come here after buying The Very Best Of Morrissey. :straightface:

It's true, and there's not nearly enough stuff in it about boys. :mad:

What about if you analyze When Last I Spoke To Carol? The lyrics say:

"I can't pretend I feel love for you."

:eek:'

What if that's a message?

For what it's worth, CG, I think you should definitely keep dating - if not this guy, then someone who you feel is more your speed (the car, geddit?). You admit above that you realize that nobody is ever going to agree with you about the signs, and in your heart of hearts you know that extends to Steve as well. Maybe sometimes you do, and the rest of the time just act as if. For what it's worth, I don't think you're a whole lot different than a lot of people who come to this site obsessed with Morrissey - you just have a very different explanation for that connection to him that we all feel on some level or another, or we wouldn't still be coming here. Like me, my big plan was to stage invade. Now I'm too old, he's too old...if I come at him at the wrong angle he might fall and break a hip! So, it will never happen.

Does seeing signs make you worse than, say, a guy who has spent 25 years and thousands of dollars amassing Morrissey memorabilia and minutiae? Than some girl who cuts her hair into a quiff and gets giant lyrics tattooed on her torso? Than a lady who spends gobs of cash flying around the world to shows for, like, years? puh-leeze.

Hot dawg, page nine now!!

It seems to me that one dimension in which CG's view of her Morrissey connection is different than other of us obsessives lies in expectation. I obsess to a degree that is probably not healthy (um, was just sayin' how he's made me drop out of school TWICE now...) (ok, definitely not healthy) but my expectation from him is that he's going to make records, tour, do interviews, and if we meet again, hopefully say hello, maybe another hug or signature, and then he back to his life and me back to my pathological one.

I am under the impression that CG may be in a minority in that she holds out an expectation that somehow, somewhere, sometime, he's going to realise that the universe has decided he's her soul mate and they're going to be together. Not just fantasizing about the possibility, but really believing it is a Truth.

However, the behaviour displayed looks quite similar as you point out (ie, crazy - and I'm applying that to meself too so no grief please) although the thought process is different.

See what happens?

And, for what it's worth, I don't believe in soul mates. True love don't work like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
randow
Back
Top Bottom